Online Dating

Replies

• soldiergrl_101
    soldiergrl_101 Posts: 2,206 Member
    I met my husband online BUT I realize we are the exception, not the rule. We met the same day we contacted each other via email/dating site because no matter what anyone says, you really don't know someone until you meet them in person(even on skype). Body reactions and vibes are sooo important.

We were engaged a week later and married less than a year after that. We will have our 15th wedding anniversary next January <3

Don't give up hope ;)

You got engaged after a week? giphy.gif

Oh *kitten* I missed that part.... A WEEK!!!!! "BUT I realize we are the exception, not the rule. " You watch the movie "Hes just not into you alot dont you"
  • Markdjones83
    Markdjones83 Posts: 852 Member
    Just not into you??
  • dawn_noelle29
    dawn_noelle29 Posts: 114 Member
    He spent the WHOLE time talking about his EX and then he told me he had felony burglary charge against him for going into her house when she wasn't home and checking her facebook. I ran for the hills!
  • bakenatj610
    bakenatj610 Posts: 151 Member
    He spent the WHOLE time talking about his EX and then he told me he had felony burglary charge against him for going into her house when she wasn't home and checking her facebook. I ran for the hills!

Holy crap, nightmare!
  • soldiergrl_101
    Just not into you??

"She is the exception not the rule" is a quote made famous by the chick flick "Hes just not that into you"...
  • HumboldtFred
    HumboldtFred Posts: 159 Member
    edited May 2015
    Had a wonderful few dates until we simultaneously realized we hated one another deeply, passionately and on a fundamental level.
  • meeyuh
    meeyuh Posts: 38 Member
    Had a wonderful few dates until we simultaneously realized we hated one another deeply, passionately and on a fundamental level.

LOL, I'd love to hear the story on this one!

Never had any that were run for the hills awful. Did happen to meet this one guy on OKC who I really enjoyed our conversation. We decided to meet up at a halfway point, but at the last minute, he asked if I could head the 25 or so miles over to his city so we could have a picnic and go for a stroll around the park. By this romantic picnic/stroll, it appeared he actually meant for me to come over to his HOUSE and walk around the neighborhood and then eat leftovers.. that his parents had made.. at what was actually his parents' house. :|
  • meeyuh
    meeyuh Posts: 38 Member
    Oh, and I should add we didn't have any stimulating conversation after that because he ended up playing video games the entire time after we ate. Didn't walk me to my car or anything.

Other than that, online dating was never awful but I never met "the one" there.
  • kristenmgraham
    kristenmgraham Posts: 88 Member
    mt8998 wrote: »
    Reading through this thread makes me glad I'm okay with being single. I attempted online dating in my early twenties but I'd mostly get messages from people who a)wrot lik dis n thoght id wnt 2 slep wit dem, b)were at least 20 years older, super creepy and most likely married, or my personal favourite c)thought black girls were hot and just saw me as a fetish. The conversations usually started (and ended) like "hey I think black girls are hot/ I've never been with a black girl before"
    And the amount of male junk pictures I used to get back then :|:s:(
    Now I wisely spend my time using the internet for what it was made for - watching cat videos on youtube and reading random articles on wikipedia :)

I love this response!! It's awesome! :)
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    meeyuh wrote: »
    Oh, and I should add we didn't have any stimulating conversation after that because he ended up playing video games the entire time after we ate. Didn't walk me to my car or anything.

Other than that, online dating was never awful but I never met "the one" there.

LOL really. I know some people like that who would ignore there gf calling while playing video games. Then pretend to be sleeping when calling her back.

• Markdjones83
    Markdjones83 Posts: 852 Member
    edited May 2015
    Just not into you??

"She is the exception not the rule" is a quote made famous by the chick flick "Hes just not that into you"...

Ah, chick flicks....like this
    JVTMfzXIR5KP6.gif
  • kamber13
    kamber13 Posts: 249 Member
    I agreed to meet up with a guy about 40 minutes away at a TGI Fridays for a drink and appetizers. I showed up in an adorable outfit and 3" heels (I'm 5;5"). He showed up and was only 5'2"... I have NO height issues about my mate, but apparently he DID! We met in the parking lot and he asked me to wait five minutes before I came in, so he would already be seated at the bar and no one would notice our height difference. We had to leave the same way, too! WTF?!
  • Jojomotivated
    Jojomotivated Posts: 141 Member
    kamber13 wrote: »
    I agreed to meet up with a guy about 40 minutes away at a TGI Fridays for a drink and appetizers. I showed up in an adorable outfit and 3" heels (I'm 5;5"). He showed up and was only 5'2"... I have NO height issues about my mate, but apparently he DID! We met in the parking lot and he asked me to wait five minutes before I came in, so he would already be seated at the bar and no one would notice our height difference. We had to leave the same way, too! WTF?!

Wow xD Was he expecting all of your dates to be "Sit down only" dates?
  • HumboldtFred
    HumboldtFred Posts: 159 Member
    edited May 2015
    I won't sleep with someone I don't love, so I figure that would have worked itself out ahead of time.
  • NH_1970
    NH_1970 Posts: 544 Member
    I make really bad paint pictures to describe my online dating to my coworkers...This is one picture and then one of my smart *kitten* coworkers did the problem solving thing from my dates point of view, which I promptly scanned because it was funny after I got over the indignation part of the weirdo being mad and obsessive about a feather. I have more pics of other fiascoes in online dating but I'll just post these. kkus001fuao3.jpg
    53swi1yofr60.jpg
  • upgradeddiddy
    upgradeddiddy Posts: 281 Member
    I did have a girl who I met online wanted me to meet her at a club (bad sign) and once I found her there she went out of her way to ignore me and try to blow me off. After I gave up I started dancing with another girl and kicking it with her. My "date" saw this, wild out and started a fight with the new girl, got knocked out and then thrown out of the club, date over.

I will say that my present girlfriend (also met online) is awesome and we have been dating for almost 2 years, live together and have 2 dogs so it is not all lost with online dating.
  • AndiVentry
    AndiVentry Posts: 50 Member
    Oh my, I have loved reading this thread... very entertaining and, well, frightening.

To start I should say I have had several friends meet the love of their lives off of Match... I on the other hand, have not. Most dates have been blah at the best, although a few that were nice but didn't go anywhere. I have had the ones who are just looking for hook-ups, nude pics (not gonna happen), want a pen pal and the one creeper saying he was in the military but clearly not an English speaker fluently and kept referring to himself by his rank and name. Yeah, he wanted to marry me after 1 email when he returned to the states. He emailed me for over 6 months (mind you, I was not responding) and he professed how our love would bond us forever... My biggest gripe about online dating is for some reason people don't actually READ your profile. Men who freak or get turned off when they find out I have kids. That drives me nuts because had you actually spent 2 minutes looking you would see I have kids. Also, as a 36 year old woman most men who are interested are over the age of 50. I have no issues dating older men but I am confused of why men in their 30's and 40's won't date women in their mid-30’s. Sorry, rant over.

The one story I wanted to share with the group was on Friday I was looking through my matches and came across my best friend’s ex-husband... okay, no big deal. Except, he made himself 11 years younger AND put his income down as $150K+, after telling her he's been unemployed for the past 3 years!!! Needless to say, screenshots were in order, and I wasn't interested.
  • moya_bleh
    moya_bleh Posts: 1,375 Member
    AndiVentry wrote: »
    Oh my, I have loved reading this thread... very entertaining and, well, frightening.

To start I should say I have had several friends meet the love of their lives off of Match... I on the other hand, have not. Most dates have been blah at the best, although a few that were nice but didn't go anywhere. I have had the ones who are just looking for hook-ups, nude pics (not gonna happen), want a pen pal and the one creeper saying he was in the military but clearly not an English speaker fluently and kept referring to himself by his rank and name. Yeah, he wanted to marry me after 1 email when he returned to the states. He emailed me for over 6 months (mind you, I was not responding) and he professed how our love would bond us forever... My biggest gripe about online dating is for some reason people don't actually READ your profile. Men who freak or get turned off when they find out I have kids. That drives me nuts because had you actually spent 2 minutes looking you would see I have kids. Also, as a 36 year old woman most men who are interested are over the age of 50. I have no issues dating older men but I am confused of why men in their 30's and 40's won't date women in their mid-30’s. Sorry, rant over.

The one story I wanted to share with the group was on Friday I was looking through my matches and came across my best friend’s ex-husband... okay, no big deal. Except, he made himself 11 years younger AND put his income down as $150K+, after telling her he's been unemployed for the past 3 years!!! Needless to say, screenshots were in order, and I wasn't interested.

I'm 41 and my general rule regarding age is 5 years either side of my own.

• soldiergrl_101
    meeyuh wrote: »

LOL, I'd love to hear the story on this one!

Never had any that were run for the hills awful. Did happen to meet this one guy on OKC who I really enjoyed our conversation. We decided to meet up at a halfway point, but at the last minute, he asked if I could head the 25 or so miles over to his city so we could have a picnic and go for a stroll around the park. By this romantic picnic/stroll, it appeared he actually meant for me to come over to his HOUSE and walk around the neighborhood and then eat leftovers.. that his parents had made.. at what was actually his parents' house. :|

OMG I want to see this movie it sounds hilarious!!!!!!!!
  • dendysill
    dendysill Posts: 90 Member
    I met my husband via online dating. I also made some really good friends on the dating site we met on, so it's not all bad. Just like in everyday life, you meet losers and winners. Don't let the loser's outshine the winners.. and always be safe.