Sabotaging myself at night

2»

Replies

• jnv7594
    jnv7594 Posts: 983 Member
    ill keep this short and to the point. All day I do well with tracking my food and drink at least 64 oz of water minimum , but aim for more. I am up late and usually don't lay down until 12 or 1 am. It seems like I get so hungry at night to the point nothing satisfies me. I can eat something fall asleep and then wake up a short bit later hungry again and eat. since I drink a lot of water I'm constantly waking up to walk to the bathroom and want to grab a snack as well. Any suggestions of how to cut down on late night / middle of the night snacking ? It frustrates me that all day I eat well and watch everything thst enters my mouth just to go over my calories at night :(.

I agree with those that say organize your calories so you can eat more at night. This is how I do it, and I have been doing it this way for 6 months and have lost 70 pounds. The time of day you eat doesn't really matter. What I do is eat a late breakfast because I'm really not hungry in the a.m. I usually don't even eat breakfast until around 11 or noon, so I guess it could even be considered lunch, lol. I eat a small meal then, a small afternoon snack. I eat lunch when most are getting ready to eat dinner, and then I don't eat dinner until between 9 and 10 p.m. This has completely solved my problem of evening binges. I would say I eat more than half of my daily calories between 4 and 10 p.m. on most days. I realize everyone has their own schedules, but maybe try something similar and see if it helps you. I had to play around with my eating schedule a bit before I found what worked for me, but saving most of my calories for night time has been a life saver for me. I always did that anyway before I started losing weight. I would hardly eat all day, and then I would stuff myself at night. Well, it's still how I prefer to eat aside from the stuffing myself part. Now I do it but stay within a certain amount of calories.

• Shanairah1991
    Shanairah1991 Posts: 152 Member
    edited February 2015
    Like someone else said, in the evenings after dinner if I am laying in bed watching TV I often get bored hungry. I will go make myself a huge cup of tea. It's something to occupy your hands and it can have any taste you desire, tricking you into thinking you're eating something. If you want it a bit sweeter, instead of sugar, add some honey! It tastes delicious. Plus, besides the honey, it's really only water so you'll be getting more of that in, which I personally struggle with. :)