What nobody tells you about losing weight

Options

Replies

• GOT_Obsessed
    GOT_Obsessed Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    VUA21 wrote: »
    That your going to have to give up your old favorite sleeping positions as they are no longer comfortable. I've been trying to get used to sleeping in a different position for a year, barely getting used to it.

Oh my God I have struggled with this about 3 months now. Looks like I have a long road ahead of me.

I saw your pic in your old pants in another thread. Oh wow! Hats off to you. Well done.
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    tess5036 wrote: »
    mrk34 wrote: »
    That it could be done:

- without paying for services

- without buying products

- without exercising

- without portion control

- without calorie counting

- and most important, without feeling hungry.

I was with you until your fourth item.. How did you lose the weight?

I have a feeling he has something to promote!

I was thinking the same thing. I HAVE to minimally do 2 of those things ;)
  • GOT_Obsessed
    GOT_Obsessed Posts: 817 Member
    Options

I take my hat off to you! My attitude towards people has, unfortunately, gotten worse. I see so man fat people everywhere, whom I've never really noticed before. And my inner attitude towards them, especially towards fat parents with fat kids, is not nice. I want to shake them awake and scream at them to get a grip! Yeah, totally helpful, I know. It's just that ... ever since discovering how simple (yet not easy at all) it is to lose weight, I've seem to have lost the will to understand why not everybody is doing it. I'm not proud of this, and I'm working on my attitude, but yeah, for the moment, that's how I feel.

I admire your honesty, and will stick my hand up and admit I have to tell myself off for being more judgemental than I was. I find it helpful to remind myself I don’t know what else they are struggling with.

My hand is up with you too!
  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    hipari wrote: »
    That your going to have to give up your old favorite sleeping positions as they are no longer comfortable. I've been trying to get used to sleeping in a different position for a year, barely getting used to it.

Oh my God I have struggled with this about 3 months now. Looks like I have a long road ahead of me.

I saw your pic in your old pants in another thread. Oh wow! Hats off to you. Well done.

I used to sleep on my side. Now that I lost the knee padding, shoulder padding and waist cushion, sleeping on my side is not only uncomfortable, but painful at times. And anything against my ribcage hurts now, including firm pillows. GRRRRRRR.

Thanks! I can do something really weird my old sweats, my waist fits into the elastic leg opening: I could possibly cut them up bust out my sewing kit and make 4 skirts out of them!

Ugh I’m with you on this one. I usually sleep on my stomach, but like to read on my side. Lately that has been uncomfortable since my ANKLES are too bony? Seriously?

One of my big truth reasons for doing this is having healthy pregnancies and starting a family. My mom casually mentioned once that she used to sleep on her stomach until she was expecting me and I got too big to be slept on. Now that I put 1+1 together, I might be in for a problem if I can eventually no longer sleep on my stomach and my ankles (wtf) prevent me from sleeping on my side. On my back I snore and wake myself up.

If I jam a fluffy enough blanket or really sad pillows between my knees and ankles I find that helps substantially! Also, while in the last trimester (too big for stomach sleeping), leg swelling is a thing. Maybe having the swollen ankles (cankles) will be a blessing!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!