What nobody tells you about losing weight

Replies

• NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    edited November 2018
    sramgirl wrote: »
    "I associated pink with pigs and pink looked terrible on me. I also avoided browns, because I saw myself as looking like a big ole bear in browns. No more, the slimmer and trimmer I'm becoming, the more I am loving pinks, grays and browns. "

This makes me feel more normal to hear someone else who has thought in these terms too. I have avoided purple because I'll be the McDonald's Grimace. I avoided red because I'd be the Kool Aid Man, and I always visualized smashing through walls shouting "ooohhh yeah" just like him.
    We can wear different colors. Yes, thanks for this insight :)

Thank you ever so much for this reply...WOW, it's amazing how one perceives things. Your post so made me smile--because it's so NICE to know one is not alone in their way of thinking/believing.
    {{{{ Hugs}}}}
  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    No one told me that I would be afraid to go into stores. Afraid that the ladies would be side-eyeing me wonder if I really belonged in that store. No one told me that clothes shopping could be just as traumatic at a smaller size as it had at larger, only being mostly in my head. I'm sure no one is paying attention to me, but... BUT MAYBE THEY ARE.

No one told me I'd still encounter a store not having my size... except the other way around. Not enough smaller sizes and some of the things I wanted only came in a size that was too large.

I still can't bring myself to shop by myself like an adult because I'm afraid it will be an epic failure. I stare in stores like they are an impossibility. Someday, I hope to cross this mental hurdle.

All the time!!!!! "Oh this is a cute top....let's see the sizes....XXL, XL, L, L,......nope no smalls grrrrt"

I get the added bonus of being very small chested aka women's blouses have too much boob rooom now.

My advice: ask an associate for help, they'll help you figure out what actually looks good on you.
  • JessiBelleW
    JessiBelleW Posts: 815 Member
    No one told me that I would be afraid to go into stores. Afraid that the ladies would be side-eyeing me wonder if I really belonged in that store. No one told me that clothes shopping could be just as traumatic at a smaller size as it had at larger, only being mostly in my head. I'm sure no one is paying attention to me, but... BUT MAYBE THEY ARE.

No one told me I'd still encounter a store not having my size... except the other way around. Not enough smaller sizes and some of the things I wanted only came in a size that was too large.

I still can't bring myself to shop by myself like an adult because I'm afraid it will be an epic failure. I stare in stores like they are an impossibility. Someday, I hope to cross this mental hurdle.

Identify with this a fair bit!

Amazing how smaller sizes are sold out & when I shop for clothes I do think when I'm pulling out these items (that are less than half the size I used to need) that anyone nearby might be thinking "pffft, who's she trying to kid??" 😆
    Do tend to feel like an imposter & even when the label says small or size 8/10/12 (pearshape!) I just tell myself it's vanity sizing.

My lovely hubs says "It probably IS vanity sizing...you should've just squished yourself into these clothes when you were a size 22, no need to have lost any weight cos...they aren't REALLY those sizes 😏"

Fair point babe...fair point 🤣

We'll both get there on our collective emotional rollercoasters...we always do in the end, right? ❤️

Identify with this a fair bit!

Amazing how smaller sizes are sold out & when I shop for clothes I do think when I'm pulling out these items (that are less than half the size I used to need) that anyone nearby might be thinking "pffft, who's she trying to kid??" 😆
    Do tend to feel like an imposter & even when the label says small or size 8/10/12 (pearshape!) I just tell myself it's vanity sizing.

My lovely hubs says "It probably IS vanity sizing...you should've just squished yourself into these clothes when you were a size 22, no need to have lost any weight cos...they aren't REALLY those sizes 😏"

Fair point babe...fair point 🤣

We'll both get there on our collective emotional rollercoasters...we always do in the end, right? ❤️

Maybe for now you can order off of the internet? Most places have free returns and if you use a tape measure to measure yourself you should be able to get pretty accurate wig sizes
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!