What nobody tells you about losing weight

Replies

• hlr1987
    hlr1987 Posts: 151 Member
    I carry a lot of weight in my cheeks, and I'm starting to look a little bit bobblehead-y because everywhere else is shrinking, lol. I'll take it, keeps the wrinkles at bay.

I agree about the face fullness! My neck especially is a wrinkly mess from not only age but weigh loss! Ugh!

I have the opposite problem-my passport problem from my lightest weight makes me look ill, or like I abuse drugs. Anti-wrinkle creams are now a staple in my bathroom
  • kenyonhaff
    kenyonhaff Posts: 1,377 Member
    I carry a lot of weight in my cheeks, and I'm starting to look a little bit bobblehead-y because everywhere else is shrinking, lol. I'll take it, keeps the wrinkles at bay.

Ugh - wish I had this problem. Overall I do look better 40+ pounds lighter, but my face doesn't have the fullness it used to. It looked good full...not as gaunt. Not that I want to go back but.... *sigh*
  • bjdavidson964
    bjdavidson964 Posts: 266 Member
    A real catch-22. I agree with the 'sigh'! Anti-wrinkle creams are a staple for sure...lol!
  • Roza42
    Roza42 Posts: 246 Member
    ceiswyn wrote: »
    I love wrapping my hand around my wrist to check how much weight I've lost in a traditionally "bony" area. Used to be I could only just barely touch finger to thumb, but now I can easily get a grip around my wrist. I kind of obsessively do it when I don't have something else to do with my hands and I wonder if my coworkers think I'm weird during meetings haha.

OHMYGODS

...I have just experimented and discovered that I can wrap my thumb and pinky finger around my wrist. Easily.
    I had no idea that was a thing.

Along related lines, definitely nobody told me that my necklaces would become unwearable with half of my outfits. I've somehow gone from needing extension chains on some of them to having even 16" chains dangling irritatingly low on most clothes. Who knew that you could store that much fat on your neck?!

I never knew some people couldn't do this with ther wrists.

I can still barely touch my middle finger to my thumb and I have long fingers and large palms.
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Roza42 wrote: »
    ceiswyn wrote: »
    I love wrapping my hand around my wrist to check how much weight I've lost in a traditionally "bony" area. Used to be I could only just barely touch finger to thumb, but now I can easily get a grip around my wrist. I kind of obsessively do it when I don't have something else to do with my hands and I wonder if my coworkers think I'm weird during meetings haha.

OHMYGODS

...I have just experimented and discovered that I can wrap my thumb and pinky finger around my wrist. Easily.
    I had no idea that was a thing.

Along related lines, definitely nobody told me that my necklaces would become unwearable with half of my outfits. I've somehow gone from needing extension chains on some of them to having even 16" chains dangling irritatingly low on most clothes. Who knew that you could store that much fat on your neck?!

I never knew some people couldn't do this with ther wrists.

I can still barely touch my middle finger to my thumb and I have long fingers and large palms.

We all have different body shapes. (: I am def a dress size up from most people my height and weight because my shoulders are, on average, wider than the average woman's.
  • Roza42
    Roza42 Posts: 246 Member

We all have different body shapes. (: I am def a dress size up from most people my height and weight because my shoulders are, on average, wider than the average woman's. [/quote]

I hear you there. I carry my weight in my tummy and legs, but I wear a size larger shirt than pants.
  • linsey0689
    linsey0689 Posts: 753 Member
    edited June 2019
    People wanting to give their opinion or get my opinion more.

Giving me their opinion- like I think you have lost too much weight even though I haven’t, that I ate too much/too little, or the I’m surprised you eat blank and lose weight type comments.

Get my opinion- do you think I should this? Or what do you do to lose weight? Eating healthy and exercise is never good enough.

Also buying clothes and shaving is a lot different
  • BattyKnitter
    BattyKnitter Posts: 503 Member
    kenyonhaff wrote: »

Ugh - wish I had this problem. Overall I do look better 40+ pounds lighter, but my face doesn't have the fullness it used to. It looked good full...not as gaunt. Not that I want to go back but.... *sigh*

Are you still in a deficit? I have heard that the face looks less gaunt after maintaining for a while with glycogen replenishing at maintenance calories.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    smantha32 wrote: »
    IremiaRe wrote: »
    Nobody told me I could be within 40 pounds of goal weight and start sabotaging myself.

https://myfitnesspal.com/blog/IremiaRe

I am completely flummoxed about it, as I have NO idea why my psyche is starting to fight me. Seriously, every pound is a major battle right now... not because I don't know how or what to do - but because I simply am not DOING it, consistently - even though I KNOW what needs to happen for the weight to come off.

:s

I have done this for years so I can relate. I don't know what it will take for you, but I just got sick and tired of doing things half @ssed.. working so hard and then undoing my own efforts, so I just buckled down hard this last year.

lol.. I just realized when I typed Azzed with an @, I linked to someone's old profile.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!