Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

What nobody tells you about losing weight

1471472473474476

Replies

  • motivatedmarthamotivatedmartha Posts: 1,075Member Member Posts: 1,075Member Member
    smantha32 wrote: »
    shunggie wrote: »
    I wear a lot of dresses when I travel for work because they take up less suitcase space and they always look nice. Now that you don't have to wear pantyhose, it's a much better solution. Back in the day, when you had to wear hose all the time - NO WAY.

    I think the devil invented hose.

    No, just a man :)

    Nope - the men always preferred stockings ;) I joke of course - given the date of their development it was almost certainly a man - but 'in my day' the men always bemoaned their introduction
  • RivenVRivenV Posts: 1,663Member Member Posts: 1,663Member Member
    Typikelly wrote: »
    RivenV wrote: »
    You know... I live in Montana and most people here dress similarly to how you say folks dress there--jeans rule the day for most people.

    But you don't have to be most people! I haven't worn pants (outside of yoga pants for working out or sweatpants for lounging in the house) for years. All dresses, all the time. Occasionally people do comment, "Wow, you're so dressed up!" And I just laugh at the very idea. It sincerely takes less effort to "dress up" in a dress than it does to coordinate matching separates.

    THIS to the high heavens. I wear dresses every day of the year (aside from yoga pants for working out) and people always question me on it. The number of times I've told people I find it's easier to put on a dress than to coordinate separates.. it's crazy. It goes in one ear and out the other though.

    I am also a daily dress wearer. I have a daily "uniform" of dress (in any color or pattern), black tights, black waist belt, black heels or black boots. All other clothing or shoes is for a specific function (e.g. for working out, swimming, etc.). It greatly reduces decision fatigue for me while still allowing choice in my dress.

    It is also cheaper. Tights are cheap, I get dresses at Goodwill or other thrift shops which are cheaper than buying two separates.

    Exactly! I also have a "uniform": whichever dress seems appropriate for the day, a sweater (typically a cardigan), and either flats (for work) or boots (for play). My sweaters and shoes are all pretty neutral colors, so it's way easy to mix and match depending on the dress.

    So easy! "Wow, you're so dressed up!" Oh, honey... No, I'm really not--I hate the cliche sound of it, but I literally just threw this all on xD

    I do wish I liked tights and/or belts, though. I can't stand anything that fits too snugly like that D:
  • RelCanonicalRelCanonical Posts: 2,937Member Member Posts: 2,937Member Member
    RivenV wrote: »
    Typikelly wrote: »
    RivenV wrote: »
    You know... I live in Montana and most people here dress similarly to how you say folks dress there--jeans rule the day for most people.

    But you don't have to be most people! I haven't worn pants (outside of yoga pants for working out or sweatpants for lounging in the house) for years. All dresses, all the time. Occasionally people do comment, "Wow, you're so dressed up!" And I just laugh at the very idea. It sincerely takes less effort to "dress up" in a dress than it does to coordinate matching separates.

    THIS to the high heavens. I wear dresses every day of the year (aside from yoga pants for working out) and people always question me on it. The number of times I've told people I find it's easier to put on a dress than to coordinate separates.. it's crazy. It goes in one ear and out the other though.

    I am also a daily dress wearer. I have a daily "uniform" of dress (in any color or pattern), black tights, black waist belt, black heels or black boots. All other clothing or shoes is for a specific function (e.g. for working out, swimming, etc.). It greatly reduces decision fatigue for me while still allowing choice in my dress.

    It is also cheaper. Tights are cheap, I get dresses at Goodwill or other thrift shops which are cheaper than buying two separates.

    Exactly! I also have a "uniform": whichever dress seems appropriate for the day, a sweater (typically a cardigan), and either flats (for work) or boots (for play). My sweaters and shoes are all pretty neutral colors, so it's way easy to mix and match depending on the dress.

    So easy! "Wow, you're so dressed up!" Oh, honey... No, I'm really not--I hate the cliche sound of it, but I literally just threw this all on xD

    I do wish I liked tights and/or belts, though. I can't stand anything that fits too snugly like that D:

    I like to feel "cinched in" so I think it's all personal preference!

    I like the idea of a capsule wardrobe, although honestly, all the videos online talking about capsule wardrobes seem to already have way more clothes than I do already, so I suppose I might already have one. I barely fill my closet and there are clothes in there I want to get rid of because they're too big.
  • kenyonhaffkenyonhaff Posts: 1,193Member Member Posts: 1,193Member Member
    IsETHome wrote: »
    I think at my largest I didn’t realize how big I was, now I’m aware of it. Now 40+ pounds down I’m only 1/2 way there and because I’ve lost weight differently I feel chubbier in the front, I feel fatter. I am probably between a 14 to 16 (belly culprit holding me from a 12- 14). How did I get so big.? I did metabolism testing this past week😩😂 and know I burn 1600 at rest.....I question why all packaging basis on 2000 cals. The killer creep of office work......sit sit sit commute commute gain gain. This will be a lifetime of counting to get and stay down.

    2000 is considered an "average" I think partially because it's an easy to remember number. But it's obviously misleading because most people consider themselves "average". But even 200 calories above what one metabolizes on a daily basis over time (and often more, most people do not measure what they eat) adds up.
Sign In or Register to comment.