Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

What nobody tells you about losing weight

Replies

• brittanystebbins95brittanystebbins95 Posts: 395Member, Premium Member Posts: 395Member, Premium Member
    SmallMimi wrote: »
    irregularity

Interesting. I find that I am most regular when I am diligent about calorie tracking. It's only when I have a cheat day that turns into a cheat week that I have any problems with irregularity.
  • NewLIFEstyle4MENewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,306Member Member Posts: 4,306Member Member
    That things (people, places, things and ESPECIALLY foods/drinks) you used to love and really and truly believe(d) that you couldn't live without--you may discover that you not only can, but will and do live and live very WELL without (because you WANT to--NOT because you "have to"). It's amazing. Also, the opposite--things (people, places and things and ESPECIALLY foods/drinks) you used to absolutely hate with a passion when you were obese, you will discover is not only good to you now, but you may begin to actually crave. Example: When I was obese and overweight, there was no way in the world I'd be eating beets of any kind, grapefruit, tea--a lot of stuff...now I crave these. The same thing with water, when I was obese and overweight I absolutely hated even the idea of drinking water--now I love it. Also coffee, loaded with flavored creams...I used to be an absolute coffee-a-holic (drinking 6+ cups all day and night most days) when I was obese and overweight. Now, I just like coffee and have some every once in a while (whenever I want some), but it's no longer a MUST have--amazing!

That you will be able to stretch like never before. When I was obese and overweight--stretching was such a chore and bother to me, I hated stretching regularly for some reason. Now I LOVE stretching so much and stretch regularly thru-out the day.

edited March 16
  • bobsburgersfanbobsburgersfan Posts: 2,626Member Member Posts: 2,626Member Member
    That things (people, places, things and ESPECIALLY foods/drinks) you used to love and really and truly believe(d) that you couldn't live without--you may discover that you not only can, but will and do live and live very WELL without (because you WANT to--NOT because you "have to").
    I've noticed this! I used to drink way more lattes or other coffee drinks. I probably averaged 1 a week (if not more), and in the last several months I've only had 2 or 3. I still love them, but I usually don't want to spend the calories on them, and I'm fine with it.
  • teresadannarteresadannar Posts: 91Member Member Posts: 91Member Member
    What nobody told me was, when I was a 22W, sleeves came down to my knees, like being heavy meant I was King Kong or something.

But now that I’m a 4, pants and leggings barely come to my ankles, like losing weight suddenly made me a Pygmy.

Aaaargh!!!!!!

LOL! King Kong to a Pygmy, that's funny!
    Seriously though 22W to a 4 is super fantastic.
  • NewLIFEstyle4MENewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,306Member Member Posts: 4,306Member Member
    That things (people, places, things and ESPECIALLY foods/drinks) you used to love and really and truly believe(d) that you couldn't live without--you may discover that you not only can, but will and do live and live very WELL without (because you WANT to--NOT because you "have to").
    I've noticed this! I used to drink way more lattes or other coffee drinks. I probably averaged 1 a week (if not more), and in the last several months I've only had 2 or 3. I still love them, but I usually don't want to spend the calories on them, and I'm fine with it.

<3o:)<3
  • ponybrownponybrown Posts: 33Member Member Posts: 33Member Member
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    That the excitement when you are getting close to goal is real. I'm 0.5kg (1lb) away from my first goal, and 4.5kg (9lb) away from my ultimate goal. I've been working on losing weight for 3 years, I lost 20kg (44lb) in the first year, then maintained for 2 due to life being topsy turvy. Since January I've stuck to eating in a deficit and exercise, and I am so agonising close and I can't wait! I know it will be any day now and I can't wait to see that magic number. And while the scale isn't an fully accurate measure, it still feels amazing to be here.

And it feels fantastic! It's really helping me stick to calories because I want it so much!

You’ve got this!!