What nobody tells you about losing weight

Replies

• imgwendolyn2015
    imgwendolyn2015 Posts: 348 Member
    No one told me that when I lost 40 pounds I would still be in a size 16 pants! WTH?!?!? I am losing from top to bottom. My shirts are looser, but the pants size just won't budge.

Same here. I went from a US size 18 to now a 16, with 45 lbs lost. Kinda discouraging

It seems to me that the smaller the size, the smaller the weight range within that size. So an size 18 will accommodate 20-30 pounds range but a size 10 will only manage a 10-15 pound range. That range seems to apply both directions, going down and going up. Does that makes sense?

That is interesting! I am keeping tabs on everything that is happening to my body during this journey so I will make sure to note once I am comfortable in the next size down.
  • imgwendolyn2015
    imgwendolyn2015 Posts: 348 Member
    Yeah, I count going from a 16 plus to a 16 straight as one size, because there's a two inch difference at hip and waist in my preferred brand of jeans between their 16 plus and their 16 regular. The two are NOT the same.

Oh, that is silly. I wonder if that is what happened today as the size I put on was a 16 medium. What the heck does that even mean? I am so nervous to shop for clothes because after the weight I have lost I want to be able to say I can bu a different size. Oh well, I guess I shop at the second hand store for a while until I am solidly a size down. Ugh...
  • MaggieGirl135
    MaggieGirl135 Posts: 975 Member
    I second jrh...I’m a size 10 and if I go up 5 lbs my pants get a touch on the snug side and if I go down 5 lbs (why can’t I stay there!), they get a touch loose. I would guess that 15 lbs would be the max weight range for a size 10.
  • Yeah, I count going from a 16 plus to a 16 straight as one size, because there's a two inch difference at hip and waist in my preferred brand of jeans between their 16 plus and their 16 regular. The two are NOT the same.

Oh, that is silly. I wonder if that is what happened today as the size I put on was a 16 medium. What the heck does that even mean? I am so nervous to shop for clothes because after the weight I have lost I want to be able to say I can bu a different size. Oh well, I guess I shop at the second hand store for a while until I am solidly a size down. Ugh...

Medium would either refer to it being Misses or it refers to the inseam, which is a different measure altogether, so they might offer their jeans in Short, Medium, or Tall lengths. (Depending on the brand, I sometimes take a tall. This is why I know this.)
  • thebiblewithtina
    thebiblewithtina Posts: 48 Member
    As you size down the pockets in your trousers size down to. Only half my iPhone fits in my jeans now.

Lol.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!