Myfitnesspal

Message Boards Success Stories
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

What nobody tells you about losing weight

Replies

• charmmethcharmmeth Member Posts: 754 Member Member Posts: 754 Member
    • It is entirely possible to eat chocolate every day but still to have a nutritious diet and lose weight. Portions!!
    • I've always been a foodie - and now I love devising meals that are filling and nutritious and moderate in calories but that taste amazing.

In other words, this!!!
    edited February 19
  • JessiBelleWJessiBelleW Member Posts: 703 Member Member Posts: 703 Member
    windscryer wrote: »
    - That eating healthy, veggies & low fat, lean meats) can mean eating a lot of food - some days I am just tired of eating, and still don't reach my calorie goal.

THIS. I'm taking the little class on macros and it's like "preplan your day!" and I am still staring down a baggie of carrot slices and a yogurt (on top of dinner) and just... not feeling it. I feel like I have to eat constantly to get the calories/carbs/protein (BUT *WITHOUT* FAT) all in because I can't eat meals that big. I end up getting to the next meal and being like, "Do I want to eat? No. No, I do not." But then you get to the end of the day and you're short on everything and can't put another bite in your mouth.

Also planning is a problem when I have to add another 15 carbs and 8 grams of protein with no fat and can't think of anything. Besides light yogurt and veggie sticks, of course, but without the dressing they're getting harder and harder to eat.

@windscryer - is there a health reason why you can't eat more fat? If you need more calories since fat comes in at 9 per gram you'll get there far quicker with fat