What nobody tells you about losing weight

Replies

• swimmom_1
    swimmom_1 Posts: 1,302 Member
    @buddharivet
    I'm talking about the upper ribs just below your collar bone. Skin removal surgery doesn't affect that high of the area.
  • buddharivet
    buddharivet Posts: 41 Member
    swimmom_1 wrote: »
    @buddharivet
    I'm talking about the upper ribs just below your collar bone. Skin removal surgery doesn't affect that high of the area.

@swimmom_1 I didn’t realize those were ribs! I can see the first one, a little bit. The second one I can feel, but that one and the third one start running into my “kittens”, so I don’t think I’ll ever end up being able to see them.
  • swimmom_1
    swimmom_1 Posts: 1,302 Member
    edited November 2021
    @buddharivet

@swimmom_1 I didn’t realize those were ribs! I can see the first one, a little bit. The second one I can feel, but that one and the third one start running into my “kittens”, so I don’t think I’ll ever end up being able to see them.

Yep you should have 12 pairs of ribs! They make up your rib cage.

• buddharivet
    buddharivet Posts: 41 Member
    swimmom_1 wrote: »

Yep you should have 12 pairs of ribs! They make up your rib cage.

@swimmom_1 OK, technically, I knew that. I was a pre-med major in college. But I also didn’t really “realize” I had a sternum until I could actually feel it either. Or collarbones. Because you don’t *feel* them the way you do, say, your tibias. So you forget that they are even there, if you have spent your entire youth and adult life unable to see them.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!