30 Day Shred Results - motivation please!!! :)

Options

Replies

• anl90
    anl90 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    I have tried getting into the swing of doing the 30 Day Shred, but it is just so intense! Level 1 is so tough, I can't imagine how Level 3 is.. :/ I think I am going to start it back up, though! Right now, I do the Leslie Sansone 5 Day Walk Plan. Once I am able to do that more easily, I am going to give Jillian another try. :)
  • twinjamom6
    twinjamom6 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    anl90 wrote: »
    I have tried getting into the swing of doing the 30 Day Shred, but it is just so intense! Level 1 is so tough, I can't imagine how Level 3 is.. :/ I think I am going to start it back up, though! Right now, I do the Leslie Sansone 5 Day Walk Plan. Once I am able to do that more easily, I am going to give Jillian another try. :)
    I started out on The Biggest Los Cardio Max dvd. I could hardly handle a full workout. I had to condition myself to 30DS. Starting out I was 191 lbs. 158 now.
  • TxTiffani
    TxTiffani Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    melliebee wrote: »
    2o9saocor84a.jpg

I have done 2.5 rounds of 30 day shred since having my son last April!

Every time I do it, I get stronger and see results fast. The hard part is sticking to it! I am now doing Shred it With Weights and Ripped in 30! Best workout ever, and really. There are no excuses! It's only 28 minutes a day!

I know this is an old thread and I'm hoping you're still on MFP:) I'm wondering when you started 30DS did you do it everyday and did you eat a special eating plan or just watch your calories on MFP? I'm starting in a couple days and I really want good results:) I'm about 25lbs from my goal weight.
  • BethE36
    BethE36 Posts: 11 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I just finished my first round of 30ds. I am 5'5.5" and started at 184lbs, ended at 177lbs. I didn't do it on weekends, but would go to a spin class those days. I lost an inch from everywhere I measured (arm, waist, hip thigh, chest) and visabley look so much firmer everywhere. By the end of week 1 I was shocked at how much more I could with the program without feeling overly winded. I am really happy with the results!!! I plan to start again in the next few days.
  • hmrey76
    hmrey76 Posts: 945 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I don't have a picture specifically from 30DS, but I can tell you the Jillian Michaels workouts work! And I love that they are only 30 min long!

I started with 30DS twice, moved to RI30, then Body Revolution. I just started bodyshred this week. Here are my results:

5'7"
    -34 lbs
    chest: -3.5"
    waist: -7.5" !!!
    hips: -3.75"
    thigh: -4.25"

I went from an 18 to a 12. An XL shirt to a Med.

lwfy3thz5289.jpg
  • TxTiffani
    Options
    I'm about to start 30DS! I tried it once before and only got a week in, but I really want to finish the whole thing this time. Anyone else doing 30 Day Shred??
  • jbuc07
    jbuc07 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    hmrey76 wrote: »
    I don't have a picture specifically from 30DS, but I can tell you the Jillian Michaels workouts work! And I love that they are only 30 min long!

I started with 30DS twice, moved to RI30, then Body Revolution. I just started bodyshred this week. Here are my results:

5'7"
    -34 lbs
    chest: -3.5"
    waist: -7.5" !!!
    hips: -3.75"
    thigh: -4.25"

I went from an 18 to a 12. An XL shirt to a Med.

lwfy3thz5289.jpg

Woot woot!! You ROCKED it!!
  • TxTiffani
    Options
    I'm starting tomorrow! In a month I'll post:)
  • rumswood
    rumswood Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I just finished my second round today. I posted my progress on my status, but I wanted to do it here also.
    I started off this round at 163lbs and have lost about 6lbs.
    I have also lost:
    2.5 inches off my waist
    2 inches off my hips
    3 inches off my chest

gained:
    .5 inches on biceps
    .5 inches on calves
    and gained 1 inch on my thighs, but that might be off because it seems strange to me and my beginning measurement might be off. We will go with that for now though.
    Also, I have noticed other changes, like my back fat, the stuff that hangs out over your bra has diminished considerably, my face is thinner, i have a collar bone now and my wedding band is loose.
  • will_bill
    will_bill Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Apologies for my ignorance : I'm new here ! What's shred , circuit , level 1?
  • rumswood
    Options
    Apologies for my ignorance : I'm new here ! What's shred , circuit , level 1?
    It's Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. You can find the first two levels on YouTube. The third you to have to buy though which is the same price as the dvd. (For me anyways and I just bought the dvd.) You do each level for 10 days and then move to the next level. They are all about 30 minute workouts and consist of three circuits & each circuit is 3 minutes strength, 2 minutes cardio and 1minute abs.
    I've done two full rounds and I have had nice results.
  • Karmavixen
    Karmavixen Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I just did day three. I am one sore girl. Am I looking at a solid month of being this sore and shakey?
  • rumswood
    Options
    Karmavixen wrote: »
    I just did day three. I am one sore girl. Am I looking at a solid month of being this sore and shakey?
    No! It gets better! I remember the first couple of days after I started, I could hardly walk up and down my stairs because I was so sore. It does get better though, so don't let it discourage you!! I did two and a half rounds. I just started her Body Revolution series today.
  • thejadegirl
    thejadegirl Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I'm not doing 30DS, I'm on her Body Revolution. I just started week 4 today! I've lost 4 pounds already and have found some muscles! (Nearly non-existent previously).

I don't see too many active threads for Body Revolution, but loads for 30DS - I'm hoping after another week or two of BS gives me some 30DS-esque results ;)
  • rumswood
    Options
    I'm not doing 30DS, I'm on her Body Revolution. I just started week 4 today! I've lost 4 pounds already and have found some muscles! (Nearly non-existent previously).

I don't see too many active threads for Body Revolution, but loads for 30DS - I'm hoping after another week or two of BS gives me some 30DS-esque results ;)

I just started JM Body Revolution today. I liked it. The Cardio kicked my butt. I'm excited to see the results from it. I was thinking about starting starting a group for Body Revolution on here because I haven't seen much for it.
  • HaleCry
    HaleCry Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Karmavixen wrote: »

I was EXACTLY the same! Day 4 was a little easier for me, and then by day 5 my legs were completely fine. Doing stairs those first few days though was a killer! Yes, it gets better.

• aimesuk
    aimesuk Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I really need to get back on this. I've honestly never seen such consistent results, and it's 'easy' - as in, no special equipment, no tricky moves.

I just need to find the space and motivation!
  • thejadegirl
    thejadegirl Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    rumswood wrote: »

I just started JM Body Revolution today. I liked it. The Cardio kicked my butt. I'm excited to see the results from it. I was thinking about starting starting a group for Body Revolution on here because I haven't seen much for it.

If you do, I'm definitely interested!!

The cardio kicks my butt too - I dread cardio days. But workouts 3 and 4 are really tough too, but in a good way. I'm drenched with sweat when I'm done with them lol. I plan on doing them an extra week before moving on to phase 2.
  • Cheriels82
    Cheriels82 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Hey there I was just checking this out as have been a Jillian junkie for a while now. I am in my second go round of body revolution. Love it. On workout 5 and 6 with cardio two.... If you open a group I am in. Will follow with body shred 60 day program after happy sweating
  • myaminals
    myaminals Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    thank you! for everyone's motivational pictures. did everyone also follow the meal plan while completing this or just count calories?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!