Should I lose weight first then do body building, or do them at the same time?

Options
2»

Replies

• soonillbehot
    soonillbehot Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Simply speaking you can increase your metabolism and accelerate weight loss by doing weight training. Make sure you also have a diet with enough protein in it to build your muscles.

I personally make sure I do a combination of cardio and weights and I know people who do cardio or running on its own and struggle to shed the pounds and keep it off.

You also need to be aware that whilst running and once the sugars in your body have run out will start eating into the protein to get energy so it's counter productive.

You are better off doing some.running but supplement it with some brisk walking which burns fat rather than sugar and then muscle.

So are you suggesting that instead of a full 5K run, I should do a crossover of brisk walking and running of 5K? But that burns less calories, dont you think?

bmanlatour wrote: »
    To lose fat you need to have a caloric deficit. To gain muscle you need to have a positive nitrogen balance. You can absolutely have both. Keep your calories below your maintenance level. Increase your protein intake, supplement with shakes if you need to. You won't grow as fast as people who eat eat eat. You absolutely should build strength when trying to lose weight. The more muscle you have, the higher your resting metabolic rate. You will burn more calories all the time. Don't be scared of an initial increase in weight. You muscles are going to hold more water now that they are being worked.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Bz3AG-oCXTE

Thanks for the insight, good videos if he explained what he meant by positive nitrogen balance is?