Constipation

2»

Replies

• elphie754 wrote: »
    You are allergic to all fruit? I find that highly unlikely.

It's quite possible. I'm allergic to fruits and nuts. Both give me serious allergy issues and were originally thought to be of the anaphylactic variety. I have no desire to "try" any fruits given my history with them. It's the same reason that I won't drink almond milk....

But please know that these health/nutritional issues are very real for some of us.
  • SwankyTomato
    SwankyTomato Posts: 442 Member
    edited February 2015
    More than likely your 5lbs is water weight from swelling from your injury and a bit of constipation. It sort of goes hand in hand if you think about it logically.

Stool softners and Miralax are great for relieving chronic constipation.

In addition cut out things that cause you constipation. If you do not know, just kind of note from here on out what makes you worse.

For example, cheese is one my foods that plugs me up. If I eat cheese and not enough veggies, I have to take some stool softners and/or Miralax and also add in more veggies to my diet in the raw. I will whip up a "veggie tray" and snack on that.

You do need to drink more water to combat the swelling and constipation.

• elphie754 wrote: »

It's quite possible. I'm allergic to fruits and nuts. Both give me serious allergy issues and were originally thought to be of the anaphylactic variety. I have no desire to "try" any fruits given my history with them. It's the same reason that I won't drink almond milk....

But please know that these health/nutritional issues are very real for some of us.

They are very real but people would rather judge and call people liars than understand what's going on.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Try magnesium citrate.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    I believe you. There are lots of lovely fibrous vegetables out there. Magnesium Citrate should only be used on occasion; not a habit. You might try chia seeds with lots of water also. I agree the body may be hanging on to water to nurse your ankle. Water, water.
  • Ponyman2
    Ponyman2 Posts: 2 Member
    Your body can hold onto water and is probably the source of the weight gain. You should be drinking a lot of water (I know it seems counter-intuitive) -- hydration will help with your constipation and also help release water you've been holding on to. A swollen body part contains a lot of fluid and although your ankle alone may not have 5 pounds of fluid in it, your body is holding onto water in cells to help fix what is broken.

You may also want to analyze how many calories you're really burning and consuming. 3000 teaching skating seems pretty high. I could run for 4 hours straight and not burn 3000 calories.

you may want to try adding miralax 1 capful I do that every morning with my pre workout shake and I have always been regular no constipation or diarrhea but I did have constipation issues before starting that routine
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    twins2x2 wrote: »
    elphie754 wrote: »

They are very real but people would rather judge and call people liars than understand what's going on.

Yeah no. I have anaphylactic allergies to foods. There is a huge difference between intolerance and allergy. But thank you for assuming.

Also, one would think, if you are constipated and know a certain food causes loose stool, that perhaps eating said food in a small amount might be beneficial...