Exercising

Replies

• arobed53
    arobed53 Posts: 2,004 Member
    So I really enjoy them when I do have them. It's good that they cost more than some things. :)
  • isyvanek
    isyvanek Posts: 1,039 Member
    One Kind Planet has an exercise challenge about the fitbit and/or walking more or moving more if you all want to check it out.
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    isyvanek wrote: »
    One Kind Planet has an exercise challenge about the fitbit and/or walking more or moving more if you all want to check it out.

Thanks. I'll check it out.

• arobed53
    Got my four pushups done, walked with Leslie and around the house. Next week I'll probably walk less since I'll be in Bible School all morning but we'll see.
  • mygnsac
    Yesterday was another good walking day. Got about 15,000 steps in. Today dad and I went out for lunch at Nation's Giant Hamburgers and had these yummy massive cheeseburgers. Afterwards we walked some of it off at the park (about 1.5 miles)...but then we stopped at the frozen yogurt shop on the way home and had a scoop of gelato. I'll definitely be walking the neighborhood tonight! :#
  • sannferris
    sannferris Posts: 1,432 Member
    Mowed more lawn today, 2 hours worth.
  • arobed53
    Getting my 30 minutes of walking, 4 pushups plus more steps then I thought I would get this week with being gone all morning. Next week will be a bigger challenge but will do what I can when I can. Still moving at least.
  • mygnsac
    Feeling better today and plan to take a long walk at lunchtime, but I forgot to clip on my FitBit before leaving for work this morning. Argh!! It was right there on the counter by my car keys, and I still forgot to put it on. I need help.
  • arobed53
    Yikes, I wouldn't walk then (even if it would be a good thing to do).

Day is sure warming up here.
  • mygnsac
    I walked a route I've walked before, so I know my step count for the day so far has to be around 8,000. After several days of not doing much, it felt good to get out there and move. Our high temps are still below average for this time of year, so I'm enjoying that before the summer heat kicks in.
  • arobed53
    edited June 2015
    Bought a lot of stuff - probably too many groceries - since I'm keeping four of Lori's kids next week. Even though it was hot, I still carried 95% of it in one sack at a time. Took over 30 minutes but it gave me almost 3000 steps - felt like I was walking and accomplishing something (slowly) at the same time. Because of stuff that went in the freezer, I got 15 flights of stairs. That my legs complained about. :)
  • arobed53
    Sill on the move. Up to 6 pushups. Leslie probably wouldn't like how I'm doing her DVD but I'm usually warmed up from my walking around the house. So I'm going straight through each one - quitting whenever I have around 4000 steps for the day I do it and then I do the arms, legs or whatever at the end of her segments when I come to them. We'll see how it goes.
  • sannferris
    Like Pam said to me yesterday, (on FB), every movement counts. I haven't done Leslie since I left for California, almost a month ago already. Time to get back at it.
    I have been pulling weeds, which is a lot of up and down as I move across the beds.
  • arobed53
    I totally agree with Pam. Pulling weeds is hard work - a great exercise and you accomplish something at the same time.
  • isyvanek
    isyvanek Posts: 1,039 Member
    I agree - so long as we keep moving it's all good!
  • sannferris
    Kept moving, even in the heat. We "hiked" uphill for about 200 feet and came back down again, too steep. Maybe I should have just mowed the lawn. (explanation over at the PBS post)

Pulled more weeds yesterday morning, and more of the same this morning. I do it for about an hour each morning before it gets too hot. The rest of the day's exercise is continually walking out to the pasture to check on John, he just keeps at it out there no matter how hot it gets, I have to come in and take breaks.
  • sannferris
    Logged 2 hours of "general gardening" yesterday. I was mainly pulling weeds, but I can't find the appropriate exercise for that in the database. Someday, I'll remember to put on my HRM and log the calorie burn.
  • arobed53
    Pulling weeds - should get double credit for that job. I am still working on my pushups. Can't get past 6 but I used to say that when I could just do 1. :)
  • tlspindor
    tlspindor Posts: 200 Member
    6 push ups!!! That's awesome Debora, keep at it and will get past that.

Sheryl so glad to hear that you are out and about doing all this yard work and staying busy.

Hello to everyone.
  • tlspindor
    tlspindor Posts: 200 Member
    oopps I left out the "you" in you will get past that. Debora