Whey Protein = No Way Protein

13»

Replies

• dmoppy
    dmoppy Posts: 45 Member
    I use a blender (Nutribullet) with ice and almost always add in at least part of a frozen banana. I swear it's like a milkshake and a treat to me. If I don't put in enough ice it's just a cold thick drink and not my favorite...for me it's texture and taste. I once accidentally ordered "chocolate cake batter" flavor v. chocolate and hated it - until I cut it with a normal vanilla whey mix and it was fine. Try the smoothie suggestions cited earlier. There are also 100 threads on favorite whey products on this site and you can get some other ideas.
  • JeremyCegers
    JeremyCegers Posts: 50 Member
    bepeejaye wrote: »
    What type of Whey do you use? Concentrate? Isolate? Milk protein isolate? Do you only use it on shakes/beverages?

I favour Muscle Feast (unflavoured - Whey Protein Isolate). Apart from adding it into a smoothie incorporate it into my food, say, when I bake, juice etc.

Like others have suggested, look into alternative plant protein, protein bars and so forth...you could also look into other powders like Hemp Protein Powder (and see if you like it...I use Bob's Red Mill).

I have GNC Pro Performance and tried it in a Gatorade on the way from the gym. Its the naturally unflavored type. It's the powder.
  • JeremyCegers
    bepeejaye wrote: »
    What type of Whey do you use? Concentrate? Isolate? Milk protein isolate? Do you only use it on shakes/beverages?

I favour Muscle Feast (unflavoured - Whey Protein Isolate). Apart from adding it into a smoothie incorporate it into my food, say, when I bake, juice etc.

Like others have suggested, look into alternative plant protein, protein bars and so forth...you could also look into other powders like Hemp Protein Powder (and see if you like it...I use Bob's Red Mill).
    dmoppy wrote: »
    I use a blender (Nutribullet) with ice and almost always add in at least part of a frozen banana. I swear it's like a milkshake and a treat to me. If I don't put in enough ice it's just a cold thick drink and not my favorite...for me it's texture and taste. I once accidentally ordered "chocolate cake batter" flavor v. chocolate and hated it - until I cut it with a normal vanilla whey mix and it was fine. Try the smoothie suggestions cited earlier. There are also 100 threads on favorite whey products on this site and you can get some other ideas.

Luckily, I just bought a nutribullet myself. Looking forward to putting it to use with the smoothies.
  • CaffeinatedConfectionist
    CaffeinatedConfectionist Posts: 1,046 Member
    edited February 2015
    If you've never tried Krave jerky, it's pretty delicious. Many more (and more interesting) varieties/flavors than standard Jack Links or something.
  • beerey05
    beerey05 Posts: 80 Member
    Protein pancake mix!
  • JeremyCegers
    If you've never tried Krave jerky, it's pretty delicious. Many more (and more interesting) varities of flavors than standard Jack Links or something.

Where is it sold?
  • JeremyCegers
    beerey05 wrote: »
    Protein pancake mix!

That sounds good too
  • If you've never tried Krave jerky, it's pretty delicious. Many more (and more interesting) varities of flavors than standard Jack Links or something.

Where is it sold?

I've found it in some local grocery stores, but it's hit or miss. Of the four or five grocery stores I have frequented, only one carries Krave. Amazon is usually a good way to go.
  • JeremyCegers
    If you've never tried Krave jerky, it's pretty delicious. Many more (and more interesting) varities of flavors than standard Jack Links or something.

Where is it sold?

I've found it in some local grocery stores, but it's hit or miss. Of the four or five grocery stores I have frequented, only one carries Krave. Amazon is usually a good way to go.

Ok, I'm going to have to give it a try. Jack Links turkey jerky is pretty good though lol
  • If you've never tried Krave jerky, it's pretty delicious. Many more (and more interesting) varities of flavors than standard Jack Links or something.

Where is it sold?

Ok, I'm going to have to give it a try. Jack Links turkey jerky is pretty good though lol

Yeah, I'm not knocking Jack Links; I've eaten my body weight in that stuff. But Krave tends to be more tender and more flavorful. It can take some getting used to after Jack Links, though.
  • JeremyCegers

Where is it sold?

Yeah, I'm not knocking Jack Links; I've eaten my body weight in that stuff. But Krave tends to be more tender and more flavorful. It can take some getting used to after Jack Links, though.

You have me looking online now lol
  • Brownsbacker4evr
    Brownsbacker4evr Posts: 365 Member
    edited February 2015
    EAS, Six Star and Body Fortress are cheaper and better tasting brands. If you're just mixing the stuff with water, that could be why you hate it. When mixing just water with it, the stuff tastes and looks like dirt. If you got a blender put a couple scoops of powder in, a cup or milk (I usually use almond milk) and a tablespoon or two of peanut butter (i use the crunchy kind, feel it goes better with the blend). It will make even the worst tasting ones at least tolerable. Tossing in a few grams of a fruit you like could help as well. I know how tough it is to get that higher protein intake.
  • JeremyCegers
    EAS, Six Star and Body Fortress are cheaper and better tasting brands. If you're just mixing the stuff with water, that could be why you hate it. When mixing just water with it, the stuff tastes and looks like dirt. If you got a blender put a couple scoops of powder in, a cup or milk (I usually use almond milk) and a tablespoon or two of peanut butter (i use the crunchy kind, feel it goes better with the blend). It will make even the worst tasting ones at least tolerable. Tossing in a few grams of a fruit you like could help as well. I know how tough it is to get that higher protein intake.

Thank you for understanding and the help.
  • foursirius
    foursirius Posts: 321 Member
    meritage4 wrote: »
    eat meat

I'm usually far off when I do. I have been told that I needed a supplement for protein because of my size too.

I'd recommend giving the Pro Jym product a try. I also need to supplement my protein input with powder and have found that this particular brand is reputable in what is actually in the powder as well as good taste, consistency, and solubility.
  • JeremyCegers
    foursirius wrote: »
    meritage4 wrote: »
    eat meat

I'm usually far off when I do. I have been told that I needed a supplement for protein because of my size too.

I'd recommend giving the Pro Jym product a try. I also need to supplement my protein input with powder and have found that this particular brand is reputable in what is actually in the powder as well as good taste, consistency, and solubility.

Ok. Thanks.
  • satisfyingmyinnerfatkid
    satisfyingmyinnerfatkid Posts: 43 Member
    edited February 2015
    It's the brand you buy that makes it taste good. I swear if you bought Reservage Organics Whey Protein Powder you'd love it. Tera's Whey is also another great tasting one. This is from someone who gagged down Jay Robb which is suppose to be the "best tasting" of course..yeah right lol Anyhow, the ones I mentioned are expensive but it's truly one of those you get what you pay for things.