Replies

• melodydee66
    melodydee66 Posts: 115 Member
    edited November 2016
    JFT:
    1. log all food and eat on track - :)
    2. Drink at least 2L of water - :(
    3. Get my 10,000 steps - :)
    4. Read out my positive affirmations - :)
    5. Make Cake Decorations for fancy B-day Cake - :| Some, not everything I wanted to do
    6. empty laundry bin! - :):)

JFT:
    1. log all food and eat on track
    2. Drink at least 2L of water - really need to work on this one
    3. Get my 10,000 steps
    4. Prepare Girl Guide Campfire for tomorrows meeting
    5. Make Cake Decorations, bake and crumb coat cake to prepare for decorating tomorrow night.

• weezbagy
    weezbagy Posts: 40 Member
    Just for today, I will:
    •Do 20 mins HIIT and strength training after work.
    •Drink 2 litres of water.
    •Go to bed before 11pm.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,189 Member
    After a weekend of eating way too many leftovers, including pie, brownies, etc., time to get back on track. I should have just thrown away all the dressing, sweets, etc left over from thanksgiving, but I hate to throw away food.
    So back at it, time to get back to healthy eating.
    so JFT
    1. dentist appt today, so my mouth is still numb! So drink lots of water!
    2. log all food. I have not been doing this -- this is an important step in the right direction
    3. get out and walk today. I pulled my back when the grandsons were here, so I have been taking it slow. At least walking is something I can do until it is better to get to the gym.
    4. get back on here tomorrow. Be accountable!
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,334 Member
    joan6630 wrote: »
    After a weekend of eating way too many leftovers, including pie, brownies, etc., time to get back on track. I should have just thrown away all the dressing, sweets, etc left over from thanksgiving, but I hate to throw away food.
    So back at it, time to get back to healthy eating.
    so JFT
    1. dentist appt today, so my mouth is still numb! So drink lots of water!
    2. log all food. I have not been doing this -- this is an important step in the right direction
    3. get out and walk today. I pulled my back when the grandsons were here, so I have been taking it slow. At least walking is something I can do until it is better to get to the gym.
    4. get back on here tomorrow. Be accountable!

We could be twins! I ate too many leftovers that I had planned on throwing away too! Then, I hurt my back so was on the couch with a heating pad after cleaning up toys in the basement the grandkids left out. And FINALLY, I have not been journaling since the day before Thanksgiving. I have been a sassy, sassy girl and I paid for it at my weigh-in today!

Good luck! We can do this! B)
  • PackerFanInGB
    Soooooooo, just for today/Tuesday:
    1. Pack my breakfast and lunch for work and stick to what I packed :)
    2. JOURNAL EVERY BITE :D
    3. Hydrate. This does not mean coffee...this means WATER. :)
    4. Get out and take a walk today at lunch time. Get out of the basement I work in and see the sun. Get away from colleagues and just rejuvenate. :)
    5. I will not listen or partake in office gossip today. I will walk away. Everyone has their own story and I really don't like listening to people judge others. Not my circus, not my monkeys. :D
    6. Earbuds in to tune out negativity in office if it starts again today. Kills my joy. :)
    7. Weigh in and take the advice without feeling defensive. I blew it. That's it. :)
    8. Gym tonight after work for 30 minutes activity, tanning and massage chair. (This is a maybe if I don't work too late). :s
    9. Go to bed one hour early to get some quiet time and write in gratitude journal and read a few chapters out of novel. :)

Making my goals for tomorrow, tonight...

Just for Today/Wednesday
    1. Pack healthy breakfast and lunch and stick to plan.
    2. Journal every bite
    3. HYDRATE!
    4. Focus at work. Get my task list done! Stay on track. Tune out any negativity. Everyone is stressed. It's okay.
    5. 30 MINUTES OF ACTIVITY TONIGHT!!! No EXCUSES!
    6. Bed one hour early to get quiet time, gratitude journal and read to wind down.

Keeping it simple. My main objective is to get off my butt and EXERCISE tomorrow. *sigh*

Have a GREAT day!
    Tracie in WI
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Yesterday wasn't great, was feeling really blue after work so ended up drinking a ton of mulled wine and port with boyfriend in the evening. I think we'd been deprived of Christmassy drinks because I've been avoiding alcohol lately.... This was a bit of an emotional binge to make up for it!

Today's commitments -
    - Log everything I eat :)
    - ABSOLUTELY NO unhealthy snacks :/ Two small sweets...
    - Lunch under 400 cals :/ 450, but not too bad
    - No alcohol :'(:'( Rather a lot....
    - Stay within calories with mini deficit :'(:'( Went over by a VERY large margin due to the quantity of (sweet Christmassy) alcohol consumed

- Meditate :/ Didn't find the time or will to do it because of self pity
    - 30+ minute lunch break :)
    - Put yesterday's event out of mind in order to focus :/ Didn't really manage that well
    - Except for lunch where take the time to consider how to deal with it :) I did do this at least. Have the beginnings of a plan
    - Focus on report and get it done - no faffing or perfectionism! :| Ish... I did get it done but was a bit perfectionist about it.

Today: no booze. Start to get over things. No self-pity!

Commitments:

Today's commitments -
    - Log everything I eat
    - ABSOLUTELY NO unhealthy snacks
    - No alcohol
    - Stay within calories
    - Exercise class after work

- Meditate
    - 30+ minute lunch break
    - Don't get lost in unhelpful self-pity or daydreaming about what might have been
    - Focus on one thing at a time and be efficient
    - Make time to write up personal objectives. Turn off email and go out if necessary
  • weezbagy
    edited November 2016
    Just for today, I will:
    •Drink 2 litres of water
    •Log absolutely everything that I eat.
    •Stop watching back to back episodes of The Affair on my iPad and go to bed before 11pm, dammit!
  • joshuacurtispdx
    joshuacurtispdx Posts: 4 Member
    JFT: Logged calories and went to the gym
  • mytime6630
    Yesterday
    1. dentist appt today, so my mouth is still numb! So drink lots of water! :)
    2. log all food. I have not been doing this -- this is an important step in the right direction :) I even logged the miniature marshmallows that I gobbled down :/
    3. get out and walk today. I pulled my back when the grandsons were here, so I have been taking it slow. At least walking is something I can do until it is better to get to the gym. :)
    4. get back on here tomorrow. Be accountable! :)

Wednes
    Its late in the day again, but still, not too late to set my goals for the remainder of the day.
    1. Drink water. Remember, its thirst, not hunger
    2. exercise -- already did 30 minutes on treadmill this morning
    3. get some sewing done on xmas gifts
  • mytime6630
    edited December 2016
    For many of us, including myself, the holiday season is hard. Not only because of the hecticness of the season, but because, at least for me, it reminds me of all the loved ones that I have lost way too early. My dad passed away on xmas eve, my brother, who was just 53, passed away January 3rd, another brother, who was just 63, passed away on thanksgiving day, and another brother, who was only 51, passed away early Feb. So during the holidays, when families are suppose to get together, I feel the loss even more. And I watch my daughter, with severe mental illness, seeing no joy in life, and a struggle everyday getting through each day. So I try to cheer her up, without bringing myself down.
    So for me, to get on here everyday, know that even though all the losses, I still have so very much to be thankful for. And putting one foot in front of the other, no self pity, and taking good care of myself.

So I hope you guys will all join me - in helping each of us get through this season, without gaining a lot of weight, and even better yet, maybe losing. Or if nothing else, eating as healthy as we can, and being thankful for each day. As as a support system for each other.
  • PackerFanInGB
    joan6630 wrote: »
    For many of us, including myself, the holiday season is hard. Not only because of the hecticness of the season, but because, at least for me, it reminds me of all the loved ones that I have lost way too early. My dad passed away on xmas eve, my brother, who was just 53, passed away January 3rd, another brother, who was just 63, passed away on thanksgiving day, and another brother, who was only 51, passed away early Feb. So during the holidays, when families are suppose to get together, I feel the loss even more. And I watch my daughter, with severe mental illness, seeing no joy in life, and a struggle everyday getting through each day. So I try to cheer her up, without bringing myself down.
    So for me, to get on here everyday, know that even though all the losses, I still have so very much to be thankful for. And putting one foot in front of the other, no self pity, and taking good care of myself.

So I hope you guys will all join me - in helping each of us get through this season, without gaining a lot of weight, and even better yet, maybe losing. Or if nothing else, eating as healthy as we can, and being thankful for each day. As as a support system for each other.

I find you very inspiring and am sending you a big cyber hug. I try to look for something to be grateful for everyday. xoxoxoxo. ❤️
  • PackerFanInGB
    edited December 2016
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    A better day yesterday!

- Log everything I eat :)
    - ABSOLUTELY NO unhealthy snacks :)
    - No alcohol :)
    - Stay within calories :/ Didn't quite manage but was only a little over
    - Exercise class after work :)

- Meditate :/ Didn't do this one. Think I've identified that unless I get this done in the morning or at lunch, I won't do it
    - 30+ minute lunch break :)
    - Don't get lost in unhelpful self-pity or daydreaming about what might have been :| Was ok on this one
    - Focus on one thing at a time and be efficient :| Hmm, I focused on one thing at a time but it took me all day so I wasn't efficient!
    - Make time to write up personal objectives. Turn off email and go out if necessary :/ didn't do this but I WILL do it by end of the week

Today's commitments -
    - Log everything I eat
    - ABSOLUTELY NO unhealthy snacks
    - Choose healthy lunch - no sweet food or crisps
    - Eat a light dinner on way to pub rather than eating at pub
    - Drink G&T only at pub and have a water with each one

- Meditate
    - Make time to write up personal objectives
    - Put effort into today's team away day, no matter how negatively I feel about it
    - Be pleasant and build relationships with team
    - Raise issues in a constructive way
  • aerochic42
    aerochic42 Posts: 819 Member
    1. log it all (breakfast, lunch & snack already logged, just have to do dinner)
    2. no extras - only eat what I brought
    3. only one cup of coffee - already drank, if I need/want more caffeine it's tea
    4. brush/floss before bed
  • melodydee66
    Yesterday:

1. log all food and eat on track - :)
    2. Drink at least 2L of water - really need to work on this one - :| Almost
    3. Get my 10,000 steps - :) Didn't think I was going to, but you get lots of steps dancing with little girls!
    4. Prepare Girl Guide Campfire for tomorrows meeting - :)
    5. Make Cake Decorations, bake and crumb coat cake to prepare for decorating tomorrow night. - :)

JFT:

1. log all food and only sample a very small piece of cake
    2. Drink at least 2L of water
    3. Order prescription and pick it up
    4. Do arm challenge and new challenge
  • weezbagy
    Managed to accomplish 1 out of 3 of yesterday's goals :neutral:

JFT, I will:
    *Go to spin class after work.
    *Not eat snacks after I eat my dinner.
    *Drink 2 litres of water.
  • PackerFanInGB
    Just for Today/Wednesday
    1. Pack healthy breakfast and lunch and stick to plan. :)
    2. Journal every bite :)
    3. HYDRATE! :)
    4. Focus at work. Get my task list done! Stay on track. Tune out any negativity. Everyone is stressed. It's okay. :)
    5. 30 MINUTES OF ACTIVITY TONIGHT!!! No EXCUSES! :D I actually finally made myself do it! It felt fantastic and I'm so happy. Sore, but happy!
    6. Bed one hour early to get quiet time, gratitude journal and read to wind down. :)

Just for Thursday (late, because apparently the post I made earlier erased on me!)
    1. Stick to Medi-Weightloss plan and journal!
    2. Hydrate
    3. Focus at work and remember this go-live is stressing everyone out. Try to be helpful, not irritable.
    4. Bed one hour early to get time for journaling and reading.
    5. One random act of kindness.

Hope everyone had a great Thursday!
  • melodydee66
    Yesterday:
    1. log all food and only sample a very small piece of cake - :/ I logged food, but made some very poor choices yesteday. Went over calories and had cake, rice krispie squares and went over calories.
    2. Drink at least 2L of water - :/ This didn't happen either
    3. Order prescription and pick it up - :)
    4. Do arm challenge and new challenge - :):) Okay... while my food choices may have stunk yesterday, I completed BOTH challenges. WOW! Do my legs burn today! I got my 10,000 steps and fitness wise, I nailed it.

JFT:
    1. Log all food, make GOOD choices and get back on track for food
    2. Drink at least 2 L of water!
    3. Get my 10,000 steps AND complete my fitness challenge.
    4. Call and talk to my Grandparents today. Touch base and tell them I love them.
    5. Read my positive affirmations
    6. Pick up Birthday gifts, prescriptions and household items.
  • PackerFanInGB
    Just for Thursday
    1. Stick to Medi-Weightloss plan and journal! :)
    2. Hydrate :)
    3. Focus at work and remember this go-live is stressing everyone out. Try to be helpful, not irritable. :D
    4. Bed one hour early to get time for journaling and reading. :/ I did take time to journal and read, but it was late and I'm dragging butt today...
    5. One random act of kindness. :)

Just for Friday
    1. Stick to Medi Weightloss plan
    2. Journal everything I eat
    3. HYDRATE
    4. Finish go-live practice exercises for RT, providers, and Health Coaches. Begin creating therapy plan eLearning.
    5. Make reservations and plans for trip with daughter tomorrow to Christkindlmarket in Chicago. So excited!
    6. 30 minutes of activity tonight. NO EXCUSES!
    7. Research YouTube for yoga and cardio workouts
    8. Pack food, drink and supplements to take with on our trip tomorrow and get everything ready to go.
    9. Find my ankle brace for tomorrow because there will be much walking in Chicago.
    9. Bed at 9:00 so I can take time to write in my gratitude journal and read before getting a good night's sleep for trip tomorrow.

Have a fabulous Friday! :smile:
    Tracie in WI
  • elopez1998
    elopez1998 Posts: 40 Member
    Just got today
    Log everything I eat--- even if I eat wings
    Don't allow myself to suffer from a migraine ever again (had my first yesterday). Need to listen to my body. ❤️