thought i plateaued. now i am actually gaining weight.

2»

Replies

• SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Agreed; you still have to eat enough to lose weight. When you don't, your body will go into starvation mode and hold on to every pound.

Try to set a reasonable goal of 1-2 pounds to lose. Eat all of your calories and 1/2 of your exercise calories back.

The bold part is inaccurate information. People who are in starvation mode are emaciated and have lost a certain percentage of muscle mass and weight. Starvation mode as to the ordinary dieter is nonexistent.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    edited March 2015
    I am logging accurately. I measure all of my food on a scale. My breakfast and lunch is the same everyday so I sometimes log it later. I only drink water other than my morning coffee.

This doesn't feel very supportive. I am okay with you saying you think I eat too little, etc. but dropping an eating disorder link feels like trolling and its mean and not helpful.

if you are truly netting under 1000 calories a day then seek immediate help, please..

also MFP guidelines are against VLCD diets, and by posting this you are violating the guidelines, so the person posting the link was not trolling.

please get help, and learn to lose weight in a reasonable and sensible manner.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Sometimes I have a hard time figuring out which is the most misinformed comment in a thread. Is it the starvation mode lie ... the gaining appreciable muscle mass in an extreme deficit ... or is it the person with disordered actions getting all butthurt when its pointed out?

it is a trifecta of wrongness …..
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Well, she never came back, soooooooooo...