ndj1979 wrote: »
    this one is just weird…

picgifs-deal-with-it-6097930.gif

9CCnN.gif

the Oprah face removal is just straight up WEIRD!! LOL

whsEkwb.gif
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    All of the "not being mean" posts on this comment have convinced me to seek out another site.

tumblr_lt2rt1YdjM1qafrh6.gif
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    All of the "not being mean" posts on this comment have convinced me to seek out another site.

tumblr_n2ys9zbBY31qlvwnco1_500.gif
  • jennifershoo
    this one is just weird…

picgifs-deal-with-it-6097930.gif

9CCnN.gif

the Oprah face removal is just straight up WEIRD!! LOL

whsEkwb.gif

Woooo! Creepy!
  • jennifershoo
    maidentl wrote: »

And the clown is creepier!
  • jennifershoo
    tumblr_inline_mmuikb1Q9R1qz4rgp.gif
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member

They ALL float down here. When you're down here with us, you'll float too!
  • jennifershoo
    PikaKnight wrote: »

IT!
  • #1:
    it takes 3500 calories burned to lose 1pound!

#2:
    Current weight×10 = the caloric intake your body needs to maintain current weight

Goal weight ×10 = the caloric intake you need to be at (should not be under 1100 for women and 1300 for men)

Subtract the 2 caloric intake values and that is how much you "burn" just from dieting!

Add your calories burned from exercise and divide by 3500 and that is your estimated pounds lost.
    (This is just rough estimate calculations... often times weight lost is more than estimated value.)

funniest fact of them all...... Most MFP forum commenters are so crazily overdramatic.... The Dr was probably just giving a rough guide probably meant for people who have no understanding of calories! No need for the crazy comments such as 'she needs to seek professional help' lol. Girl I've stopped posting anything because there is always somebody (or a lot of people) who are judgemental and hateful haha........ Ignore the pack of wild animals ;) good luck on your weight loss journey :) x x x x ,
  • karenrich77
    karenrich77 Posts: 292 Member
    Im feeling attacked and hurt.... you guys are being rude about what doctors told me. Have any of you talked to your doctor's and a nutritionist about your weight loss goals and got professional help???
    The Internet is not always correct either.

Yup and it's nowhere near this. No one is trying to be spiteful, just that some of us have been around a while and see things like this and if people follow it... it won't work.... so if we don't say it, people follow it, then promptly fall off the wagon when it doesn't work :)

If it works for you, then go ahead and do it, we are all different but it definitely wouldn't work for me :)
    Have a great day/night (depending on where you are)
  • karenrich77
    karenrich77 Posts: 292 Member
    My doctors told me this. And i thought i would share that information. No need to be rude to someone for trying to be helpful

Thank you :) Finally found out how much of a calorie intake I should be on!

Nooooooooooooo! It's not quite right, I would do my own research before following the first thing you see on the internet!!
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    PikaKnight wrote: »

Poor Georgie.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    #1:

#2:
    Current weight×10 = the caloric intake your body needs to maintain current weight

Goal weight ×10 = the caloric intake you need to be at (should not be under 1100 for women and 1300 for men)

Subtract the 2 caloric intake values and that is how much you "burn" just from dieting!

Add your calories burned from exercise and divide by 3500 and that is your estimated pounds lost.
    (This is just rough estimate calculations... often times weight lost is more than estimated value.)

funniest fact of them all...... Most MFP forum commenters are so crazily overdramatic.... The Dr was probably just giving a rough guide probably meant for people who have no understanding of calories! No need for the crazy comments such as 'she needs to seek professional help' lol. Girl I've stopped posting anything because there is always somebody (or a lot of people) who are judgemental and hateful haha........ Ignore the pack of wild animals ;) good luck on your weight loss journey :) x x x x ,

Except it's still an incorrect guideline, even a rough one. And no one said she needed professional help because of the OP. It was the responses after which were alarming. But go on with your bad wk self. :flowerforyou:
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    #1:

#2:

Who exactly is one of the wild animal in this pack?

What was that about judgemental and hateful? oh...hahaha

• Daiako
    Daiako Posts: 12,545 Member
    #1:

#2:

Wild animals who know how to identify nonsensical information and confront it with our own long term data and results.

Just saying.
  • I'm assuming you've misinterpreted your doctor's comments? By the very least, #2 is likely a very crude BMR formula, or intended to be. I can't imagine any doctor suggesting that in order to maintain at 2000 kcal a day (so called average maintenance for a healthy individual), you'd have to be 200 lbs. If your doctor did, get a new doctor. Someone who can't see the trajectory of a X 10 equation has no right passing medical school. :/
  • GlamourVintage
    GlamourVintage Posts: 60 Member
    #1:

#2:

Hey Allie.. Don't be bothered. Not sure how long you've been on MFP, but you'll find things like this happen often if you post something. I posted something once a while back that I thought was just a helpful fun fact & people sarcastically mocked & were rude to me also. It upset me as well. I like getting on MFP but I only come into the community typically to read things. It's hard to post anything without getting sarcasm. Not everyone is like that but you do have them. Thank you for sharing your post & don't be upset. Just pep up & push on girl! :wink:

I agree.

• atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Oh my! I was wondering why a post titled "Fun Weight Loss Facts" had so many responses, but now I know!
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Now I'm a wild animal?? OMG you're so MEAN! My feelings are HURT. I'm gonna go cry now. And probably binge. And blame it on YOU. /sarcasm

I have seen people be pretty mean on these forums, this wasn't even remotely in the ball park.

Srsly, how does anyone that thin-skinned make it through life. And yes, I probably am being mean now, but ffs!!
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    I weigh 139 pounds, so 1390 is the amount of calories I should eat to maintain weight?

Afraid not. :) 1390 is my basal metabolic rate. I maintain on about 1960 net (or 1960-2200 calories, depending on exercise).

I'm lost here.

This discussion has been closed.