Daily Check-In

Replies

• HedgeHaug
    HedgeHaug Posts: 223 Member
    Hi, All! having a delectable day! AND avoided the client's homemade chocolate cake with chocolate butter icing and pretty red fruit in the middle.... :o ....hoping our day has been terrific!
  • HedgeHaug
    Hello, lovelies! My day is pretty terrific! Y'all have a good one too!
  • HG93022
    HG93022 Posts: 80 Member
    Hello Hello Today I went swimming at the gym. It was a pretty good feeling workout but it began a debate between my girlfriend and I regarding whether a lap is from one wall to the other or from one wall to the other and back! Anyone know about this Great Debate?!
  • HedgeHaug
    I belong to the school of thought that a lap is from here to there and back, as in a loop. Otherwise it is just from here to there, as in a line. Swimmers swim laps by swimming from poolside A to B then back again.

Wow, HG! Terrific debate! Our debates generally focus on the AC (air conditioning)!!!
  • HedgeHaug
    Good morning, lovelies!
  • vollans
    vollans Posts: 106 Member
    Good afternoon! The countdown to the weekend has started! Just another hour then an hour at dog training and I can relax. Hopefully his lordship is in a good mood and enjoys it.
  • HedgeHaug
    Whoot Whoot, vollans! Happy weekend, happy weekend to All!
  • andyluvv
    andyluvv Posts: 281 Member
    It's the weekend and I'm totally taking it easy. Saw that there's an exposition of John Water's at the British Film Institute but I'm in suuuuch a lazy streak that I might give it a miss.
    Have a friend's bday party that is making me a bit anxious as I know situations like these tend to make me eat things I normally wouldn't (like yesterday's work rugby celebration where I had a wrap and a slice of cake totally not within in my meal plan!).

Tomorrow I'm working again and as I have gone to the gym yesterday, I think I've deserved today off :P
  • wikkidwanda
    wikkidwanda Posts: 163 Member
    Well, I haven't checked in for a while, but I've been making steady progress on the weight loss front. I'm now down 32 lbs, which to me is AMAZING... I'm goign to the gym almost every day, but I'm not sure if I should go for longer each day or just go my two rest days.... On the one hand, staying longer isnt the end of the world, however, i really appreciate the results of going often, but having my rest days... it's a conundrum all right.... :(
  • awaywewander
    awaywewander Posts: 124 Member
    Well, I haven't checked in for a while, but I've been making steady progress on the weight loss front. I'm now down 32 lbs, which to me is AMAZING... I'm goign to the gym almost every day, but I'm not sure if I should go for longer each day or just go my two rest days.... On the one hand, staying longer isnt the end of the world, however, i really appreciate the results of going often, but having my rest days... it's a conundrum all right.... :(

Good job on the loss and getting yourself to the gym! I have really bad anxiety and avoid pretty much all situations that involve humans being around so I get my exercise in by going hiking, biking, and other things that I can do alone or with my girlfriend. I am REALLY bad about making myself take rest days because I just want to eat all day when I do take them but I usually take one rest day a week. If I were you I would just slowly start increasing my time at the gym. Like start by adding 10 minutes a day and then the next week maybe make it 15 minutes and so on, while still keeping it at a comfortable amount of time for you to not burn yourself out.

• ryanp_942
    ryanp_942 Posts: 44 Member
    Went to a Florence & the Machine concert Friday night (she was amazing), got wildly drunk afterwards and spent the weekend eating away my hangover so not a brilliant few days on the diet front. Saying that I am now *officially* the lowest weight I've been since reaching my full height. Ever. Like ever. A few more pounds to go and I'll reach my initial target :dizzy::smiley:

Went to the gym today for the first time since Thursday to try and undo some of the weekend damage haha my 21st birthday is coming up in October so I anticipate a minor setback that weekend but hopefully by November I'll finally get there!
  • HedgeHaug
    Hi, All! ryanp_942, congrats on your lowest weight! notsosecret, terrific advice. Agreed! wikkidwanda, amazing weight loss! And andyluvv, I hope your weekend rocked! Later!
  • HG93022
    HG93022 Posts: 80 Member
    I have lost a pound a week since I started four weeks ago, so I'm happy about that. Swam laps again this morning at the gym and inhaled water twice, so my chest is still sore. Trying not to be concerned and figure it was just the coughing that have left my lungs sore for these few hours... Luckily tomorrow is a non-workout day, so hopefully they'll fully have healed by then!
  • vollans
    Terrified myself last night - saw a photo from 2 years ago pop up in my Facebook timeline memories thingy. Two years ago I met Callum from Masterchef Australia. I barely recognised me. I can't believe I was that bad and didn't realise or accept so.
  • HedgeHaug
    HG93022 wrote: »
    I have lost a pound a week since I started four weeks ago, so I'm happy about that. Swam laps again this morning at the gym and inhaled water twice, so my chest is still sore. Trying not to be concerned and figure it was just the coughing that have left my lungs sore for these few hours... Luckily tomorrow is a non-workout day, so hopefully they'll fully have healed by then!

I am sooooo jazzed for you! The only swimming I do is when I retrieve my surf board!
    vollans wrote: »
    Terrified myself last night - saw a photo from 2 years ago pop up in my Facebook timeline memories thingy. Two years ago I met Callum from Masterchef Australia. I barely recognised me. I can't believe I was that bad and didn't realise or accept so.

I hate it when that happens! You look terrific today! Did you ever get that tight knit shirt for your hot hip chest? Hugs!
    G'night, Lovelies!
  • vollans
    edited September 2015
    I'm a bit off that yet - until I get my shoulder sorted I'm limited in what I can do, so I'm still very much saggy B-cup at the moment with a reasonably toned midriff. It's a strange look to rock, and even harder to make work as an asset ;)

I'm doing pretty well and getting everyone working together to help me, anyway. The doctor and physio are sharing info and diagnostics so that the physiotherapy should work, and the physio and my gym instructor are talking so that I don't do anything I shouldn't, and do things that I should. Maybe by Christmas I'll be ready for that second DEXA scan.
  • vollans
    Progress with the physio is going well. This week I've been on the thingy with the metal ropes attached to weights and done pull back thingies, lift up thingies, and with some hand weight things done something along the lines of a "retrograde rower" or something, and some squats with them.

So far I've gained about 30 degrees extra movement in my shoulder...
  • vollans
    (Do you like how I know all the technical terms?)
  • wikkidwanda
    wikkidwanda Posts: 163 Member
    So i've increased going to the gym to 2.5 hours a day, and I go 6 days a week. Also, since I don't live with my girl (or even in the same country) we only see each other on the weekends, and as she too is a big girl... we EAT.... soooooo I've decided not to have one of my rest days being on a day we are together :) hopefully that will help
  • nuttyengineer
    nuttyengineer Posts: 112 Member
    I haven't checked in for a little while, but I figure that logging every couple of days is still probably better than not logging.

I tried my hand (er... foot?) at running the other day and it felt really good at the time, but the next day or so my foot got really sore to where I could barely put any weight on it. It's getting a little bit better, but it's still pretty sore and I'm concerned that I may have tore a ligament. It sucks because I don't want to risk falling out of the habit of exercising, but I'm pretty limited on what I can do. I was at least able to do 20 minutes on the stationary bike and some upper body stuff today, though.