Hubby cooked.... :-/

13»

Replies

• DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    LOL, I think I married my current husband because he can cook! ;)
  • shadesofidaho
    shadesofidaho Posts: 485 Member
    @Mami (*)
  • totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »

@totaloblivia My guy gets like this too, but just complains about the meals, as I cook and he generally doesn't. LOL He'll suggest something, and I"ll say that's fine, but I can 't eat XYZ. It started becoming a knock down thing, so I just say, okay, sounds good, and modify mine or leave something off my plate. If his tummy is happy when he starts eating, he rarely notices what's on my plate (or not) unless there is a giveaway smell. He's fallen in love with my fat bombs, too. I always portion up my own servings, so I can try to lessen the carbage and up the other stuff.

it helps that he can't eat sour cream unless it's been cooked and I can add quite a bit to my food to up the fat value and all that. Don't be annoyed at yourself....and you don't have to accept being annoyed at him either. You are changing for the better, and change almost always has growing pains. Try to remember this and be kind to him and to yourself... Adjustments on both sides will come.

When my guy puts his hands on my hips and "feels" the differences, he starts getting way more supportive, at least in the short term. As long as I don't deprive him of his wants, we're getting to happy medium. :)

Your words of wisdom are most encouraging thanks. I also use sour cream quite a lot to boost the fat ratio. Tonight I am making jerk chicken. He is having his with peas and rice and I am having mine with cauliflower rice and coconut cream. I actually think the keto version is nicer!

I should be nicer about hubby - he did "do keto" with me for the first two weeks before getting bored and he is supportive. He does freak out now about how few vegetables I eat - I used to eat three or four portions a day but am now down to one or two. I am sure he is supportive of my attempt to lose weight, but he has "seen it all before" so I think he's sceptical. He's also sceptical about the health benefits, but he hasn't read all the keto books I have so I will just live with that.

@totaloblivia‌ Do you have a link to Keto Jerk Chicken? I've actually been searching for one![/quote]

I just mixed jerk spices with coconut oil and have smeared it over the chicken. A bit gloopy - I'll let you know if it tastes good. I was going to make myself cauliflower rice with but SOMEONE has eaten it :confused: so am having avocado with it which is a bit random.
  • totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    Mami1976D wrote: »
    LOL, I think I married my current husband because he can cook! ;)
    That was a big selling point with my man too!
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Mine had a bad dr. appt, so he's now finally paying attention to labels and numbers. It's fun watching him learn, and seeing how shocked he gets at things. He had me look up a jr. Wendy's frosty for him the other day and about soiled himself when he saw the numbers. (that's the little tiny one that goes with a kids' meal, too). It's clicking with him that less doesn't necessarily mean it's any better, and that there's a lot more to carbs than sugar.
  • glossbones
    glossbones Posts: 1,064 Member
    @Mami when I have been out building fence all day he usually takes me out to dinner. Even though we are 10 miles to a cafe we will go into. He married me because I could cook. Nothing to do with the gender thing. I can not do mechanical work and do not like grease on my hands so I feel we are even. LOL

LOL What do you call building fence? ;)

My husband put the cheese on my cheeseburger last night in a rush, before I realized he'd gone for the 2g Carb Kraft slices instead of the pepperjack. oh well! I love him, and the cheese was tasty. If I weren't so far under last night it might have bugged me more. I even ate the grilled onions. ;) Mostly I've been cooking lately.

Tonight we're going to Buffalo Wild Wings. He wants a salad and I think I'm going to get the pepperjack steak wrap, ask for guacamole instead of pico de gallo, and disembowel it.
  • shadesofidaho
    shadesofidaho Posts: 485 Member
    @octobubbles. Dirty hands are not as bad as greasy hands. Grease does not wash off and gets under your fingernails and it smells bad. Dirt comes off with a little soap.

Enjoy your dinner out tonight. I put a stew in the crock pot for hubby. I will probably have LC version of scampi.