NSV's

Replies

• Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    edited April 2017
    cstehansen wrote: »
    My 11 (almost 12) year old daughter has asked me to help her come up with healthier options to take for her lunch. She has been taking Nutella (have you seen the sugar content of this!!!!!) and jelly sandwiches with Pringles, apple sauce and a Fiber One brownie.

For now, she is keeping the last two, but we have replaced the sandwich with turkey and cheddar (no bread) and the Pringles with sliced bell pepper. She is more like her mother and not big on changing everything at once but rather going one step at a time. Since she is healthy with no metabolic or weight issues, I am not going to push too hard. I think by next school year, we can have her tastes broadened enough to have her whole lunch be healthy.

This came after she decided I was right about changing her standard breakfast from English muffin with butter and jelly to a small cheese omelet. Her only complaint about it is that because her school lunch time is so early (10:50), she isn't as hungry at lunch. :)

That's great that she's making the choices. I agree that some change is a good thing. It's learning how to eat that will serve her well long term. IF she ever starts to gain unwanted weight or starts to feel hungry all the time, she will have the knowledge already to take control. I wish I had known about all this much earlier!
    New rep PR on deadlifts today: 310x11 at 168 bodyweight. Probably could have pulled a couple more, but my hips were starting to get wobbly on the descent for the last one.

That's seriously impressive!
    I bailed on my lifting when I had to drop my gym membership because money was tight but I think I can start it back up again this month! Very excited to get back to it!

I'm currently training in preparation for a meet in December, the day after my birthday. I have a tendency to aim high, so I'm programmed for state records in my weight class/age bracket, and will be adjusting as I go. Started light, so my main focus is rep PRs for the next couple of months.
  • pitbullmamaliz
    pitbullmamaliz Posts: 303 Member
    She would be very pretty in VS, but I don't think they carry her size. She's quite large. LOL
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    It would be funny contacting them and asking, wouldn't it...?

"Do you have a pink g-string, with a fluffy bunny tail, size XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXL, please?"
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Strange... someone took down my 'Barn Bum' photo response. No, it wasn't even a pic of undies. Or maybe I forgot to hit Post Reply after Preview, lol. Who knows?
  • MissMorts
    MissMorts Posts: 94 Member
    canadjineh wrote: »
    Strange... someone took down my 'Barn Bum' photo response. No, it wasn't even a pic of undies. Or maybe I forgot to hit Post Reply after Preview, lol. Who knows?

Oh no! I'm intrigued now and I missed it?
  • Goddess0921
    Goddess0921 Posts: 91 Member
    Fvaisey wrote: »

My second NSV is probably the best one I have ever had in all of my dieting (and there has been a lot over the years). My husband has NEVER had any interest in any diet or WOE that I've chosen, but now...he sees it. He sees that I am losing weight, that I have more energy, that I'm HAPPY! Not only has he asked me to "put him on my diet", but last night he told me how proud he is of me. This may not seem like a big thing, but for me...for us...it's huge. He's recognizing that I'm truly changing my entire way of life and that it's making a difference. <3

That is truly huge! Hope you two have a long long healthy relationship in every way!

Thank you! This September we'll be celebrating our 15th wedding anniversary, I look forward to doing so as a much smaller and healthier couple! B)