NSV's

Replies

• blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    edited October 2017
    Too many to list.... Main ones are my bad knee feels much better. My heart rate is down from the mid 90s to the low 70s. Knocking off the glycogen bloat has taken me down 2 full pant sizes. My shoes fit better. I have more energy. All in about a month.

Is your heart rate down due to the diet only or do you exercise a lot too? (sorry, just nosy as am conscious my rate is quite high)

I do IF. My heart-rate fasted is about 55 bpm and if I relax, it will go as low as 38 bpm. Today it was 45 bpm while relaxing. When I eat, it immediately goes up about 15-20 bpm to help with digestion. I run 4xweek and ran a lot when younger (my resting hear-rate in college was about 41-43 bpm). I also think I have bradycardia which is a slow heart rate. I check myself with an oximeter to make sure I'm getting enough oxygen because my heart rate is so slow (my dad had a minor stroke due to too low of a heart rate). My oxygen levels are good but I'm still going to monitor it. I'm almost 56-yrs old.
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    I did not raid the fridge after blowing several fuses over Amazon failure to deliver my OH's late birthday present that he's been looking forward to for 6 weeks now. Wolfenstein 2. He is a gamer so this was a big deal as it was only released today. We could have bought it in the shops today, but I wanted the relaxing experience of him getting it delivered on the doorstep. 4 calls later, tempers flaring (mine) escalated to management, who was just as useless as the rest. Hopefully it arrives tomorrow, but my fridge is still intact!
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Steph_Maks wrote: »
    p.s. still feeling some of those post-run endorphins. Weee hehehe.

Right on! :) You know your fitness is getting good when you get those endorphins. I used to get the giggles when I jogged. ;)
  • __Roxy__
    __Roxy__ Posts: 825 Member
    Steph you inspire me!! This is so awesome!
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    edited October 2017
    Steph_Maks wrote: »
    This morning I did my second ever 5k run. The first one was last month and I only ran about a third of it, walked the rest.

Today I ran the first three km and the last km nonstop. I took walking breaks in the fourth km. I set a new personal best for the 5k (39:07) and also ran my single fastest km yet (7:13).

Needless to say I'm pretty chuffed. Not bad considering I just turned 48, I'm still like 40+ pounds away from my goal and still technically obese, and 15 months ago I could barely shuffle my way around the block.

Soggy happy post-run selfie:
    kpwsg2v9z4w7.jpg

Finally, it wasn't a race, but I believe I finished in the top 30% which is where I like to be. A little bit "competing against myself not the others" and a little bit "yay I'm not at the back of the pack." :smiley:

p.s. still feeling some of those post-run endorphins. Weee hehehe.

Fantastic! Congrats. Keep that up. You will find you will keep improving as you train and as you lose more weight. You should be proud! We aren't really racing others but just improving ourselves.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Another victory for Miss @Steph_Maks!
  • __Roxy__
    __Roxy__ Posts: 825 Member
    Steph thats awesome! Crazy hey??

It happened to me when I went from 355 lbs (wearing an 11W shoe) to 185 lbs (size 9) back in 2006-07!

I'm wearing a 9.5 now. So neat how our bodies change like that. Nice job! You're completely transforming!