I'M GOING COO-COO ABOUT COCONUT OIL!!!

13»

Replies

• beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    Coconut oil is NOT some magic panacea and WILL NOT magically melt off pounds.

We use organic unrefined coconut oil for skin treatment and frying foods. It is healthier than some other oils. We like the taste. It is specially yummy to make sweet potato home fries in coconut oil.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    I ran out of face scrub the other day. So I used the recipe of:
    3Tbs coconut oil and 2tbs sugar and Mixed it together in a tub.
    It's bloody brilliant, I won't be going back to the store bought stuff ever!
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    The coconut claims seem like a giant game of telephone. Some people treat diabetes or obesity with low carb, high fat instead of using medication. To reach the high fat goal, some will add coconut oil and other healthy fats to foods where they normally wouldn't. That gets transformed into "people claim coconut oil cures diabetes and obesity."

I don't typically pay attention to the whole superfood thing, but I wonder how many of the other ones got their reputations the same way?
  • Qskim
    Qskim Posts: 1,145 Member
    Make up remover! Moisturiser! I'm going to smell like a piñacolada!

I'd eat that... :D

• ThisGirlWins
    ThisGirlWins Posts: 64 Member
    i like it in my hair. No. I NEED it in my hair. Girls who hate it ....have skinny hair and don't matter in this forum =)
  • Christine_72
    _SKIM_ wrote: »
    Make up remover! Moisturiser! I'm going to smell like a piñacolada!

I'd eat that... :D

Haha yeah bonus is that it doesn't taste detergenty if you get some in your mouth :+1: I also used it on my legs and tummy when I got out of the shower, A+ for that too.
  • Christine_72
    i like it in my hair. No. I NEED it in my hair. Girls who hate it ....have skinny hair and don't matter in this forum =)

HaHa yep, I've got very thick dryish hair, coconut oil does as good a job as the expensive store bought stuff.

• Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    I only use coconut oil as a night time face cream. I like it A LOT more than any expensive face cream I've ever used.