Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    That is fantastic!
  • parys1
    parys1 Posts: 2,064 Member
    tumblr_m8mp4xzx4i1rryty9o1_400.gif
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    ihad wrote: »
    If MFP would just add a thumbs up and a thumbs down flag, it would solve a lot of problems. This would allow for opinions to be expressed without all the bothersome typing. After a set number of thumbs down flags - the post would disappear.
    -
    Gladiator-thumbs-down.gif

I agree indicators of support would help with the abuse of the abuse flags. I'm less inclined to make posts disappear. I think sunlight is the best disinfectant - allowing bad ideas to hide in the darkness just lets them fester like mildew. Most important is allowng enough vigorous debate where myths and misconceptions can be taken head on and debunked.

h0mGJjR.gif

Thank you, that was what I was going for with this thread besides the lolz. Too often now on the threads good advice from knowledgeable people are lost because the concepts are often new and unfathomable to people that are either ignorant or prescribe to a certain dietary preference or fad unwilling to budge from what they believe to be true. Vigorous debates were common on here and more often than not solid advice would be the end result, not unlike a diamond being formed from immense pressure.

People just seem to dislike being challenged and would rather hit that flag icon than actually consider there might be better and more effective alternatives.

Well said!

This is the truth! You got my vote. <3 (*)
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    89a35df856620ddcfe7b91109a3f6acce747183.gif
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    Troutsy wrote: »
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    wizzybeth wrote: »
    I'd just like to know what posts got flagged. I got 2 abuse flags the other day and I wasn't even arguing with anyone. I wanna know what they thought was abuse. LOL

who knows..I have 452 'abuse' flags right now….

452?? Dang. And I was complaining about my 6 abuse flags haha

apparently, there is a crew that likes to follow me along and flag everything I post…

supposedly my style is "in their face" so to speak lol

Here they come...

swT45ma.gif

Also--love this gif. I live in Italy and this was surely shot there. B)
  • GypsyByTheSea
    GypsyByTheSea Posts: 529 Member
    ihad wrote: »
    If MFP would just add a thumbs up and a thumbs down flag, it would solve a lot of problems. This would allow for opinions to be expressed without all the bothersome typing. After a set number of thumbs down flags - the post would disappear.
    -
    Gladiator-thumbs-down.gif

I agree indicators of support would help with the abuse of the abuse flags. I'm less inclined to make posts disappear. I think sunlight is the best disinfectant - allowing bad ideas to hide in the darkness just lets them fester like mildew. Most important is allowng enough vigorous debate where myths and misconceptions can be taken head on and debunked.

The "disappear" part was in jest. Probably as are all the comments in this thread. :D
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    51328-This-post-I-like-it-Another-Th-Pv2T.gif
  • pipsqueak1990
    pipsqueak1990 Posts: 791 Member
    Cant we just have a bull s-hit buzzer ???
  • Lilly_the_Hillbilly
    Lilly_the_Hillbilly Posts: 914 Member
    I'm in.. for all. You lead and I'll follow.
  • Burt_Huttz
    Burt_Huttz Posts: 1,612 Member
    Your flagging system brought me back to the yard - cause your system is better than theirs - darn right - it's better than theirs. You could teach them - but you'd have to charge.

*first post since the Fall of the Old Forums

Amazing OP and this post ... Damn. Mfp high quality.
  • Joannah700
    Joannah700 Posts: 2,665 Member
    Would also like to add the flag:
    What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Because sometimes it's worth quoting Billy Madison.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    I love that!

I wonder what happens when you flag moderators?
  • MommysLittleMeatball
    MommysLittleMeatball Posts: 2,064 Member
    PikaKnight wrote: »
    51328-This-post-I-like-it-Another-Th-Pv2T.gif

This is perfect! Exactly how I feel.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    I love that!

I wonder what happens when you flag moderators?

You can't flag mods.

Which begs the question... Who watches the watchers?
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Joannah700 wrote: »
    Would also like to add the flag:
    What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Because sometimes it's worth quoting Billy Madison.

I feel like I would abuse this on most every post though
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    we also need to add a "this is not bullying" flag....