5ft -5ft 3 ladies how much are you eating?

Options

Replies

• Mrsallen6_11
    Mrsallen6_11 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    5'0" 108 lb, eating between 1350-1500 depending on my workouts for the day, trying to eat close to maintenance so I can recomp (I'm still playing with my calories though, so I might be upping them soon). I exercise 6 days a week up to 1hr. each day, cardio three days a week and strength training the other three, and a lightly active day once a week.
  • harpsdesire
    harpsdesire Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 with a lot to lose and I haven't get played around with the 1,540 mfp has given me. I've just started so I might have to adjust later.

Honestly it seems like the right amount-- if I choose 80-90% healthy foods I'm not hungry and have room for that 10% treats/condiments, but I know if I choose poorly I'll end up hungry at the end of the day, which keeps me honest.

I haven't weighed in yet, so I guess the proof will be coming in tomorrow.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    Am on my 4th day of loosing weight program. I just ate 700cal/day and i already lost 2.4 kg. So happy with the results. Just counting calories of the food we eat. I dont do any intense exercise...or just nothing at all. My daily routine is just cleaning household chores...mopping floor and thats it.

^^ noone can sustain eating that low cals, initially its water weight you lose hence your big loss, which is lovely to see but once you up your cals to a proper level then what? Eat minimum of 1200 cals plus eat half your exercise cals back, move when you can and you'll lose at a steady rate and that way you'll retain muscle mass.
  • rachylouise87
    rachylouise87 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    To add to my post: Why doesn't emoji work on the forums!? And 400-800 per day is super unhealthy.
    Mamapaul76 wrote: »
    5-4

I am recovering from going to low and forcing my body into a brief starvation mode. I was at 1600 cals and lost 12 lbs in Jan then stopped losing, so I went down to 1200 and didn't lose a bit from mid Feb all through March. I work out 3-4 times per week. An hr of hard cardio then I do abs and arms on machines.

My coach has me at 2100-2300 cals right now and I seem to be heading in the right direction again. I was up 5 lbs last week but seem to be down 2-3 from my plateau weight this week already.

Just a warning to be careful not to go too low. It can play tricks on you. I literally didn't feel hunger but ate because I knew I should. My hunger is back now and hopefully my metabolism is kicking back in.

i had been on 1100-1200 for around 5 months and lost around 30lbs. then i stalled. i did not realise i needed to fuel my body and not deprive it. today i ate my exercise cals back and when i am not exercising i dont eat the activity cals back. so far so good. the scale finally shifted today. i had been eating at maintenance for 6 weeks to get my body sorted and now i am eating at a 250 deficit per day since i have 16lbs to go. glad u all love the fitbit! if anyone wants to be friends be sure to add me

http://www.fitbit.com/user/3DXGLJ
  • LoupGarouTFTs
    LoupGarouTFTs Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    5' 1" and 143 pounds, 54 years old. I have my calories set for 1200 calories, but I eat back most of the exercise calories I record. I record about 3/4 of the exercise time I get. If I tried to stay at 1200 for long, I'd constantly be hungry and grumpy, but I seem to manage it on days I get little to no exercise. I'm losing about .5 pounds/week now, but I'm relatively happy with how I look and feel right now so I'm not in a rush to reach my goal.
  • hannah_lillian
    hannah_lillian Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2", currently 101 (!!) and lose .5 pounds a week at 1330. I do Pilates on an apparatus machine once a week for an hour, and then do a HIIT + Pilates + strength-training class twice a week for an hour. I also walk a ton.
  • dagnus
    dagnus Posts: 7 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I'm 5' 32 years old and currently 136. I have been averaging 1340-1350 for the last 2 months and am maintaining with light exercise (walking mostly). My goal is loss, so I definitely need to lower to begin losing again.
  • makennis
    makennis Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"2.5 and eat below 1200 cals/per day.
  • _m0lly
    _m0lly Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3.

I eat 1200 cals per day, but also get in about 300/400 cals worth of exercise and I eat most of them back. I'm steadily losing around 1lb per week on this routine, and only have a few more left to go!
  • dnamouse
    dnamouse Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    4'9, 36yo, mother of two with PCOS and maintaining at 40kg/89lb (yes, I'm small and yes, that's a perfectly healthy BMI and body fat % of about 19%).
    I follow TDEE method and maintain on approx 1800-ish, but I no longer track food, I just eat it.
    I lift weights 3x a week, run sometimes and aim to live an active lifestyle with my husband and kids.
    I lost weight on between 1300-1500 a day. I lost a tad over 20% of my starting body weight over about 18 months.
  • itsmethao
    itsmethao Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3", CW 173 lbs, 1200-1500 cal/day, with daily moderate exercise. I just started so I'm hoping to see results.
  • CoachJen71
    CoachJen71 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    43 years old, 5'2.5",180lbs and losing on 1400-1600 cals a days, but I do eat more if we have a treat meal, like on Mother's Day. I get in 10-15K steps a day according to my Fitbit, and I try to get at least 30 active minutes in on most days.
  • GetThatRunnersHigh
    GetThatRunnersHigh Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    23 yo
    5'1.5"
    125.4 lbs
    2400 calories/day for maintenance

2J2PZjV.jpg
  • Lady_Grell
    Lady_Grell Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I'm 37 years old, 5'3.5", and I eat about 1200-1300 calories. I try to do a half hour of cardio a day. I started out at 245lbs but I'm now down to 202lbs. I still have a long way to go, but it's definitely moving in the right direction.
  • MeiannaLee
    MeiannaLee Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have any tips on gaining muscle? I really want to lose body fat but I'm having a hard time figuring out how many calories I should be eating.

Im 5'1 and 110-114 pounds. Ive been yo-yoing those 4 pounds for the past month and a half.
    I do cardio everyday, 500-700 calories and do strength training 3x a week burning 180ish calories. Heres the scary part: Im eating 1200 calories.

Does anyone know how many calories I should be eating to lose body fat and gain muscle? I was thinking of upping my calories to 1500 because For a while I ate 1800 calories a day and gained 2 pounds in one week.
  • NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner
    NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner Posts: 1,018 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    MeiannaLee wrote: »
    Does anyone have any tips on gaining muscle? I really want to lose body fat but I'm having a hard time figuring out how many calories I should be eating.

Im 5'1 and 110-114 pounds. Ive been yo-yoing those 4 pounds for the past month and a half.
    I do cardio everyday, 500-700 calories and do strength training 3x a week burning 180ish calories. Heres the scary part: Im eating 1200 calories.

Does anyone know how many calories I should be eating to lose body fat and gain muscle? I was thinking of upping my calories to 1500 because For a while I ate 1800 calories a day and gained 2 pounds in one week.

To gain muscle you need to eat at a surplus. You cannot build muscle whilst eating at a deficit.
  • jaga13
    jaga13 Posts: 1,149 Member
    Options
    4'11. MFP gives me 1210 for a .5 lb loss, but I eat closer to 1400 including exercise calories.
  • MeiannaLee
    MeiannaLee Posts: 338 Member
    Options

To gain muscle you need to eat at a surplus. You cannot build muscle whilst eating at a deficit.

Is it possible to burn fat and gain muscle all at once?
  • GetThatRunnersHigh
    GetThatRunnersHigh Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Is it possible to burn fat and gain muscle all at once?
    Yes, what you're looking for is body recomposition. It'll take much longer than just losing weight, but the results will be worth it. You'll need to eat at maintenance and lift weights. Not necessarily turning fat into muscle, but burning it off while building lean mass. I recommend reading any of Lyle McDonald's articles.
  • FitMolly182
    FitMolly182 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft 2 and have mine set to 1500. Does anybody posting have open diaries willing to share?