Whole eggs vs Egg whites

13»

Replies

• SnicciFit
    SnicciFit Posts: 967 Member
    When looking at eggs or any foods for that matter, you should consider the nutrient density . Egg yolks are packed with nutrients and as long as you aren't frying them in tons of oil they are very good for you. Consider investigating range free eggs which are even more nutrient dense than caged chickens eggs are. When I was in nursing school my instructor taught us about the benefits of free range eggs in our diet. Studies suggest the nutritional content of eggs from hens that forage daily on a grass range is superior to that of eggs produced by conventional means. These studies report higher levels of Omega 3 and Vitamins A and E, and lower levels of total fat, saturated fat, cholesterol, and Omega 6.

What's wrong with frying them in oil? I fry 3 (whole) farm fresh free range eggs in coconut oil almost every morning.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    When looking at eggs or any foods for that matter, you should consider the nutrient density . Egg yolks are packed with nutrients and as long as you aren't frying them in tons of oil they are very good for you. Consider investigating range free eggs which are even more nutrient dense than caged chickens eggs are. When I was in nursing school my instructor taught us about the benefits of free range eggs in our diet. Studies suggest the nutritional content of eggs from hens that forage daily on a grass range is superior to that of eggs produced by conventional means. These studies report higher levels of Omega 3 and Vitamins A and E, and lower levels of total fat, saturated fat, cholesterol, and Omega 6.

What's wrong with frying them in oil? I fry 3 (whole) farm fresh free range eggs in coconut oil almost every morning.

I cook my small-farm-grass-foraging-chicken-eggs in varying combinations of bacon grease, kerrygold butter, and coconut oil. Guess I'm doing it wrong too.
  • mblach
    mblach Posts: 10 Member
    I usually have 2 whole eggs and add 1-2 whites. (My puppy gets the extra yolks) It depends on how I cook them. I love to poach eggs in a mix of tomatoes & hot peppers, then top with a little cheese - works well with extra whites.

If I make anything with eggs, I usually eat the whole thing. I hate to waste the yolks, but that is an excellent idea giving them to my dog!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Always whole here. Egg whites are yucky.