"You're too skinny!" Do others ever make you question your maintenance weight?

1222324252628»

Replies

• mk2fit
    mk2fit Posts: 730 Member
    I think those of us who are runners get the "you're too skinny" thing a lot. Yeah, we tend to be slim, but strong! It must be a mix of envy and jealousy. If you feel good in your skin, then ta da! Don't worry about what others say (unless it's your mom - mom's can throw a wrench into anything, dammit.)
  • ttippie2000
    ttippie2000 Posts: 412 Member
    I don't get the "you're too skinny" thing. Once I get to my goal weight we'll see I guess. What I do get--from sedentary people--is the, "You look great!" thing, which at my age actually means, "You're not dead yet."
  • BattyKnitter
    BattyKnitter Posts: 503 Member
    I'm only a little over halfway to goal weight and I have started getting the "you are so tiny (now)!" comments, so I predict I will eventually get some of these "you are too skinny" or " you're done losing now right?" comments once I'm close to or at goal weight. This thread is so useful in getting possibly ready for those comments with good comebacks that will shut down that noise right quick!
  • AMIE2881
    AMIE2881 Posts: 7 Member
    People use to say this to me then when I gained weight... Then it was you look like you need to lose weight. Same with not having a tan. People are a-holes. Even friends and family.