Let's Get to Know You

Options
1235»

Replies

• choyison
    choyison Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    1. 38 yrs. Old, married for 20 yrs. in Aug, I have 4 kids: 2 boys 19 and 17 yrs. Old. 2 twin girls 9 yrs. Old., I live in Iowa but will be moving to Colorado in a couple of months.
    2. Current weight is 149 lbs. I found MFP back in 2013 maybe. I didn't get serious until May 7, 2015 when my weight was at the most I have ever been at 155 lbs. My height is 5 ft. 5 in.
    3. My goal weight is 125 or 130 lbs. I walk/run at intervals on my treadmill in my garage about 4 times a week. I do crunches, squats, and barbell exercises for my arms whenever the mood strikes me which is not very often. Need a little push in that area. I count calories trying to make them all count and eat healthy calories. I shoot for 1200 calories per day.
    4. I have no routine. Sometimes I hop on my treadmill at midnight or in the afternoon.
    5. I log-on through my phone.
    6. I weigh-in everyday. Keeps me motivated.
    7. I'll try mini challenges
    8. I wish everyone luck and hope they meet their goals. I know that this time around I feel good about meeting my goal.
  • saraevelyn21
    saraevelyn21 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    1. I am 23, I live with my boyfriend of 2 years in Channelview, Texas. I had one son who passed away in May 2013 when he was 2 months old.

2. My CW is 196, I just started MFP on 7/1

3. My goal weight is 140, right now I'm just eating "better" - No soda, or fast food. More veggies. And portion control. I'm doing yoga, and low impact cardio right now while we have roomates and I don't want to jump around

4. We are night owls, I work part time in a children's clothing store, evening hours so (5-9:30 usually) so we stay up late, and wake up 11 or 12 in the afternoon. I eat, go to work, come home and sit around. That's changing now that I've committed to losing weight.

5. I log into both, my phone more frequently but for typing posts like this, or updating my profile I get on the computer

6. Any

7. This is my first time really doing this, so I'm not sure!! It might be fun!

8. I have Erb's Palsy in my left arm, so I have a VERY limited range of motion in that arm/elbow/shoulder. I'm really considered about how this will affect my work outs once I start wanting to use weights
  • Rebamae
    Rebamae Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    Thank you @luvs_choc8 What a great idea!!

I am the oldest Grandma here!

1. Age, marital status, children, where do you live.
    2. Weight and how long you have been on MFP
    3. What is your goal weight and method of diet and exercise you are using
    4. What is your daily routine
    5. Do you log-in on the computer or the phone (this is useful information so I know where to post)
    6. What day is the best weigh-in day for you
    7. Do you want mini challenges?
    8. Any other information you might think we need to know.

1. I am 69, have been married 49 years on the 16th. We live on a farm in central Kansas. Belpre is one of those very small rural cities that you might miss if you blink!
    2. My heaviest weight = 272. Today I weighed 220.2. I have been on MFP since 2012, but not continuous. I am off and on. But I believe the logging is a must, at least for me.
    3. My goal weight is 154 as weight would then be "normal".
    4. My daily routine - this is hard. I am a retired professional, but as a farmer's wife I am not retired. I help wherever I am needed. I love to read so you will catch me with a book in hand most days.
    5. I use both my computer and my phone. If I am way from the house then I use my phone.
    6. Friday's are great for me
    7. I have not thought about mini challenges.
    8. As of last week I have a blood clot in my leg. :'( I am very limited in what I can eat as Vitamin K fights against the medicine. Also, I was diagnosed with Sclerosing Mesenteritis in January 2014. It is a very rare disease. Consequently, I am on the Paleo life-style of eating. It is working great for me.

Thank you so much for doing this group and challenge for us @luvs_choc8.

• adriannaanna
    adriannaanna Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    1. I am 40, engaged to my high school sweetheart, he has two wonderful girls that we are raising. Live in florida
    2. 278 an all time high for me. Been on MFP off and on for about 6 months but only recently became serious.
    3. My ultimate goal is to be around 170. Just counting calories using this site and recently joined a gym - going about 5 days a week, doing some yoga, fitness classes and lots of walking. Just did my first 5k in years this morning!
    4. work, gym, home for dinner with the family and then start over again. I really can't complain.
    5. I use the computer and phone both.
    6. Any day is good for mel
    7. Love a good challenge.
    8. Trying to lose weight for my wedding in October. Any help/tips to stay on track will help!
  • denisekingstark
    denisekingstark Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hello all. This is my first community group. I am 66 years old, married without children. I live in Southern NM near the Mexican border.

My current weight is 176.5 and I have been using MFP on and off for the last couple of years. It seems I have lost and gained the same 30# for the last 30 years.

My quest weight is 150#. I am using 5# missions, so that my goals are more attainable for me. I am using reduced calorie, low carb, low dairy, low alcohol. (Seems to be working so far - I have lost 10# ) I am active walking, biking, golfing, or recumbent elliptical 5 days a week.

My activities vary day to day. I play mahjong 3 times a week. I am definitely a foodie and my husband and I entertain often and we eat well. I exercise 5 days a week. Quasi retired - winery owner.

I log in several times every day using my PC or ipad. This is probably the most useful tool for me, since I log some items before eating them, so I know exactly how much I can eat or not.

Any day is good for weigh-in. I weigh each morning. If I am not on the scale every day, I know that I'm kidding myself and gaining and I think "just a day or two off plan."

Mini challenges are fine for me.

Would love to find like minded folks for MFP friends - discussion
  • mom24uk
    mom24uk Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    1. I am 46 and have been in a relationship for 24 years though we've only recently got back together. We have 4 children and live in the UK.
    2. Today's scale shows 186 (from 202 at the start of June). I've been on MFP since Jan 2011; my longest using it was last year when I managed to get down to 167 (My lowest adult weight) but went on to put it all back on by Jan this year.
    3. Goal weight is 130 but for now I'd be happy to be in a normal BMI class (>145). My calories vary but I try to average 1500 and never below 1200. I walk where I can and use a fitbit one to encourage me. I would LOVE to start weight training but will not go to our local gyms, so I'm looking at buying a power rack (we have some weights) but I worry my body will keep up as I've been getting shoulder pain doing bodyweight exercises
    4. My daily routine changes as I work from home helping run our business and looking after the family.
    5. I prefer to use laptop to check community.
    6. Monday is my "official" weigh in day but I weigh myself every day and log it using Happy scale (and hackers diet lol) to get a trend :)
    7. I quite like the idea of mini challenges
    8. probably not useful info but I tend to overthink and complicate everything. I spend more time researching and looking at other people success' than doing it myself... I have great intentions :( I've struggled with depression and eating disorders as long as I can remember.
  • darventura
    darventura Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have 2 boys 28 y/o and 26 y/o. My oldest is married and they just had their first baby which makes me a Nonna! I live in AZ, but I work from home on the computer.

I currently weigh 177 lbs, but have been as high as 211 while I was going through chemotherapy last year for breast cancer. I am currently cancer free and my goal is to gain back my strength and endurance. I've been on MFP since 2011, but really never got involved with the boards and challenges.

I would like to get to at least 140 lbs if not 130 lbs. I am trying to stay under 8 grams of sugar a day, prepare whole foods and exercise at least 30 min a day.

I immediately get my walk in as soon as I wake up to get it out of the way. I walk every day M-F. I then go make breakfast. Lunch is usually around noon and dinner is at least by 6 pm to give me time to digest my dinner so that I can take some medication before bed.

I log in on the computer.

Whatever day is best for the team. I weigh myself every day to keep myself accountable.

Mini challenges are a wonderful idea.
  • jcbaker2177
    jcbaker2177 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi!!
    1. I am 40, Married for 12 years, 4 kids~ 20, 18, 13, and 11 and from Minnesota
    2. 269, 1 month!
    3. First goal is to get to 199!! I am starting to go to the gym, goal of getting there 3-4 times a week. Logging every bite to monitor my good, bad, and ugly!
    4. Work 7-3:30, hit gym or do grocery runs/ect, pick hubby up from work as we ride share at 5, and then go home to the kiddos to do whatever is on the agenda for that night.
    5. I log mostly on my computer. Phone only if I am not at home.
    6. Thursdays are my favorite day to weigh in.
    7. Do you want mini challenges-YES!