Suggestions for exercising when no time?

13»

Replies

• JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    http://www.bodyrock.tv/

^^This site is all over Pinterest. I've never tried the workouts, but they are all supposed to be 12 mins or less and rather challenging.
  • rachso
    rachso Posts: 174 Member
    Is there any way to walk some laps during your lunch break? Maybe while your kids are in their activities you can just walk around the field (or whatever they are doing). Also maybe join somewhere liek the Y where you guys can go together and make a family day out of it.
  • 007FatSlayer
    007FatSlayer Posts: 132 Member
    Tabata
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    I have an extremely crammed schedule as well. Workout up as soon as you wake up.
  • SkinnyMsFitness
    SkinnyMsFitness Posts: 389 Member
    Hi! When you're maintaining your house (cleaning, mowing the lawn, gardening), those are forms of exercising. Do they make you sweat? I don't know about you, but I generally do when I complete those tasks...

Also, your kid does extra curricular activities...did you ever think about taking advantage of the time while your kid is busy? Depending on the situation (where your kid is/what he/she's doing), you could walk while he/she's busy, or hit the gym...etc.

It's said that 30 mins day/5 days week exercise is all a person needs with a proper diet (1500-1800 calories/daily [for women]) to get to your ideal weight. 30 mins a day...doesn't seem to difficult to maintain.

Good luck!

Also, keep mindful of your actions when accomplishing everyday tasks. Going to the store, park further away. Have to grab a bite to eat, walk to the location. Do you sit while you're on the phone, walk around instead....etc.
  • jen_zz
    jen_zz Posts: 1,011 Member
    Kinda harsh but true: MAKE time.

You can do it!!
  • ttippie2000
    ttippie2000 Posts: 412 Member
    You might try to think of parenting as not a separate thing from exercise. I had great fun with my twins when they were little (they're now 12) with stuff like roughhousing (I just put a wrestling mat down in the family room), squirt gun wars, chasing the dogs in the park, launching the kids around in the pool, taking the kids kayaking, etc. You might be surprised at how supportive your kids can be to help you exercise while you're teaching them to have an active lifestyle.

Once my kids got a bit older we used to go out into the garage after dinner to have contests with stuff like pullups (which they invariably won--to their parents' thunderous applause.) Now that my kids are 12 they're running 6 minute miles and it's REALLY hard to keep up with them. But I still get motivation from them. One way is I take them to the track and we do windsprints for money: winner takes 50 cents. Sure, it's bribery, but if I get a rockin' workout and some bonding with my kids and they come away with praise, a big smile on their face and $5.00 in their pocket I think it's money well spent.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Do you watch tv at all? Just do it walking/jogging in place instead of sitting down in your couch.