April: No More "Fooling"Around!!

124»

Replies

• Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Time2LoseWeightNOW Posts: 1,730 Member
    Ahhh...back to reality...messy, cluttered home, but it is home...
    With it raining every day of my vacay , we had to do something ,so we ate out every day...just one meal, so I am estatic to say I only gained a couple of pounds...Hooray to me! I went to the gym everyday and rode 10 miles a day...or it could have been so much worse. I didn't drink as much water as I should have, but I didn't drink pop or tea either...just water with lemon at meals.

Jumping back on track with my goals.

Hope everyone is having a great week.
  • seehe
    seehe Posts: 946 Member
    I agree mlove, never too late for a new start, and great job with your goals :)

Snooozie, lol about the comparison about going to the dentist and hoping for good results from brushing your teeth before the visit. Crossing my fingers for you. I do like your attitude seeing the good in however the results turn out.

Speaking of A1c tests, my goal this week is to knock off the splurging I've been doing with carbs and sugar lately. Time for me to be more accountable and no more fooling around! I'm also working on getting my mojo back as well as focusing on Joy , both in the simple things in life and on this health journey of mine.
  • milove1029
    milove1029 Posts: 308 Member
    Welcome back Gail!! Hooray for the bike riding 10 miles everyday wonderfully done! Sorry again for the rain but seems like you had a good time.

Susan great goals! No more fooling around I agree!
  • OldWomanRuns
    OldWomanRuns Posts: 106 Member
    With the No More Fooling around - I'm going to have to say that I'm thinking the month of April is fooling around on us! We go from almost 80 degrees on Sunday to snowing on Wednesday... whaaaa whaaaa. I'm finding it difficult to get my groove on when the cold keeps coming back and the winds and the rains.... Wow, I need to refocus and build a bridge and just Get Over It! Extreme stressful anxiety laden weekend to come and I'm having a hard time Not just diving head first into that cake that is sitting in the break room.... Breathe, Breathe Breathe.....
  • Snooozie
    Snooozie Posts: 3,457 Member
    Welome back gail; and lovely to see you Susan..

well done on the daily gym while you were on vacay gail.. holy cow well done you indeed!!
    Susan - i hear ya on trying to get yer mojo back... and as you know im a big fan of small joys so glad to hear your focus will be on finding those in all areas of your life!

I'm a little frustrated this month; I've actually thought i was doing pretty well with staying on track food and movement wise; but haven't lost an ounce. So will have to start logging again and finding the right calorie level to make it happen; im still 15 lbs away from my goal weight i reached and i want to get back there because it was where i feel really comfortable with my body.

OWR - same stupid weather here; it's winter agin this morning arghhhhhh.. i need to reach back and find that happy, mood high i got for those few days of beautiful weather and channel that feeling!! We can all totally relate to the pressure from within to seek comfort from the cake with the stress weekend you're facing; but it's so not gonna be worth it; you'll just feel like crap mentally and physically if you dive into it - is there something, anything that brings you comfort or joy - a lovely coffee and a chapter or two of a good book tucked away from everyone for a few minutes? or a 10 minute dance around the living room to your favourite tunes (unless you have company coming lol).. or a little retail therapy hour stolen if that's your thing? or a cuddle with the dawgs... if you can find something that brings you happiness to replace that cake which will only give u the temporary high, and the mega craving/carb crash after.. then it might get ya thru the weekend?
  • seehe
    edited April 2015
    OWR- stay strong!!!
    Snoozie - argh on the stupid scale not cooperating :s I can TOTALLY relate to that frustration. Great idea to start logging again to reassess your calorie needs. Most importantly, all the healthy eating and moving you are doing is fantastic for your body and health, so Kuddos to you .

I am taking one day at a time and happy to report that I had a successful day yesterday with healthy food choices .
  • seehe
    Thursday progress:
    Well, was significantly over my calories, but walked the dogs for 35 minutes and , while not ideal, my food choices were healthier. Progress, not perfection
  • Snooozie
    Atta girl Susan.... zackly right! progress, not perfection! And sounds like you're making great progress in getting back your mojo and aiming for healthier choices - well done you!
  • cbmcphillips
    cbmcphillips Posts: 801 Member
    Hey ladies

Welcome back Gail. Good on you for exercising on vacation and having fun.

We have a poster at my gym that reminds us to go for progress not perfection.

Stay strong OWR. ..sweets are my downfall too.

And someone needs to tell Mother Nature that spring has sprung, the birds are having little ones (so cute) and the flowers are blooming. Maybe she's having a "menopausal moment" lol.

We have a momma dove and her baby in the flower box on our shed. We're being careful not to scare her.

We have a momma robin who's about to drop eggs. She tried to make her nest twice on our awning. ...not the best decision. A) they could roll off B) we don't want the mess. Hubs had to"remove" the nests. She's still trying to find a place to make her nest. Wish her luck.

Just when my husband got out of the landlord business (sold the condo last fall) we get renters (free loading birds) giggles. They must know we have friendly personalities.

Carol B)
  • milove1029
    milove1029 Posts: 308 Member
    Hello everyone I'm still hanging in there. Good to see you guys. We have 3 more days for this month I'm trying to finish strong through ups and down hills.

• seehe
    edited April 2015
    This week my goals are:
    1. Make healthy food choices 5/7 days
    2. Practice portion control
    3. Exercise 3/7 days
    4. Stay true to my goals even while my friend is visiting for 4 days this week and we are eating out a lot
    5. Stay mindful of progress not perfection to stay motivated even if I falter at times

Hope everyone is hanging in there for the end of the month - can't believe it's almost May!

~Susan
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Hi, Girls. I hope everyone is feeling great. Spring is almost here for some of us except maybe our northern friends...calling out NJ & O Canada! and for others it's full on summer.....calling out AZ. I too have some feathered friends. A small brown wren type bird has laid 3 tiny blue eggs under the hood of my son's 4 wheeler. So hopefully they will hatch before he has to leave for work....don't know what we will do about that otherwise...they may not like PA....lol

Goals slacked up for me this week, but still hanging around the samer poundage.
    May has got to be a mega month for me...I am going on our 2 week Wild West Trip-aganza on June 7th. more details to come later.
    So my goals are to get in 1 hour a day of bike riding...small portions ..mainly veggies ....low, low carbs..at dinner. I would love to see 10 lbs come off by june...I believe if I keep my mind in the game, I will do it!! fingers crossed!

Didn't have time to read up the posts this morning, but I will later on. Have an awesome day!
  • OldWomanRuns
    The sun is finally shining, the breeze is chilly but warmer than before... Spring should be here. Knowing Ohio, we will skip the Spring Thing and skip right to Hellacious Humidity. But, it isn't snow! YAY. Weekend was hectic, chaotic, and depressing. However, tis done and onward, forward!!

Goals:
    Get outside and WOG -- have a 5K race next Friday, May 8.
    Lift weights at least 3x week.
    Better portion control -- Progress Not Perfection!!
    More protein - lean protein please -- less carbs!
    Just getting more steps in my work week......get outta that chair!
  • Snooozie
    Good morning Hatters..

Well today is the last day of the April 30 days of "no more fooling around" challenge...

I weighed in this morning and I weigh exactly the same as I did on April 1st..

I am not a happy camper, however the challenge did give me the opportunity to recognize that I am not ready to be able to "wing it" as such; altho I still do not plan to log my food for the rest of my life, at this point it has become obvious that one tool I still need is the logging to find that caloric intake and nutrition level that will let me continue to function well and still lose weight.

As with all of us, I've had some other challenges at work and in my personal life this month, which have also emphasized the point home with me that if Im not content with the way things are, it's up to me to change them. So my goal for this next month of May health wise will be to focus on better nutrition, CICO, and on achieving further weight loss. I am also going to do an honest reflection on my overall health and determine what actions I can take and what changes I can make to improve those as well.

I'll be back later to do some replies; off to work shortly but have read all the posts - and am proud and grateful to all of you who have contributed and continue to with your own progress, insights and challenges here; I take away something positive from each of you who share your own journeys every time I come here, and I appreciate learning from your experiences and thoughts. Here's to continued success for all of us in whatever our own personal wants and needs are!

• OldWomanRuns
    So sorry to hear of the challenges you face Snooozie. Way too many times life throws crap at us in the form of health issues, family issues, work issues and some days we tend to wallow in that pooh and then some days we feel strong enough to pick that pooh up and throw it right back. My hope for your May is that you can see your way through and pick that pooh up - don't linger over it - and throw it right back at life.

Goals for May and No Maybe about it! Get out and enjoy Spring (when it finally gets here and stays)

Move more - and to me that means get up from my desk and walk. I'm parking in the back of the lot and adding a few more steps a day.
    Eat more greens.
    Work hard toward getting place ready for wedding.
    Put aside my angst toward some family. This plays a huge roll in my eating.

• Snooozie
    Thanks OWR.... I didn't mean to give the impression I was discouraged or down with some recent challenges; it's actually kinda worked in a positive way to make me refocus... altho I was NOT a happy camper that my weight was zackly the same LOL... and there is no doubt some days you're the hydrant, and some days you're the dawg!! haaaaaaaaaaa

Love the goals and the "put away the angst" - THAT one ain't ever easy - but agree we gotta find ways to deal with it cause it ain't hurting them any, it's just messing with us! I remember seeing some preacher guy one time on TV at 3am talking about "forgiveness".. I'm not gonna lie i'm not real big on that theory LOL... BUT.. he put a different spin on it; and said forgiveness doesn't mean what someone said or did to you was ok, and it doesn't mean you condone what they did or how they treated you.... it JUST means... you aren't gonna waste any more of YOUR time, effort, thoughts and energy thinking about it... cause it's guaranteed the person responsible aint giving it another thought! and every moment we spend thinking about it (or plotting revenge.. ahem.. was that my outloud voice?) is time out of OUR lives, and time we'll never get back...

That kinda helped me let crap go LOL..

BACK in a bit - gotta eat!

• Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,462 Member
    Goodbye April, and oh dear, I have been fooling around! But at least I haven't ended up any heavier than when I started!

It's interesting to read both of your thoughts above about forgiveness and putting away angst. Part of my mindfulness course has involved meditations where you think good thoughts towards somebody who is causing you difficulties, wishing them health and happiness, etc. I was surprised how much I enjoyed this part and felt good afterwards! You're right, it doesn't do us any good to waste energy resenting somebody else.

I'm sorry to hear about your challenges, Snoozie. I hope May is a better month.
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Snoozie, I agree with you on having to let it go!!! So you can move on and not carry it around , ruining your life. It worked for me.
  • OldWomanRuns
    Ahhh yes, forgiveness. You know the hardest person to forgive? Ones self! We are so hard on us. Even when forgiving happens for others (not forgetting) - we still blame ourselves for whatever happened. What could I have done to prevent, avoid, make better, blah blah blah. Forgive me, myself, and I..... Something I have come to hold dear:

I am a big enough person to forgive you - but, I'm not stupid enough to let you back in my life.

I guess that just means to let it go - don't dwell on it or as my husband says; let's make a trip to Home Depot for some lumber to build that bridge and Get Over It. He is so very patient with me.

Now then, on into May! Yay! I cannot Wait to start hagging about it being too hot!