Introduce Yourself

1235»

Replies

• misscaron
    misscaron Posts: 2 Member
    hello, my name is Caron and I need to move more, this sounds like a commitment I can keep
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    Greg here and I too just found this challenge. I will be stepping up my goal in this challenge to 15K. Along with the exercises that go with it. I encourage you all to help me with this goal and push me. I do have some obstacles that I must deal with in obtaining this goal.I am currently walking 10k per day so it's time to challenge myself to increase it.
  • EFairley
    EFairley Posts: 1 Member
    Alex wrote: »
    Welcome to the 30 Day Challenge Group Discussion... please say hello and share your progress here.
    Welcome to the 30 Day Challenge Group Discussion... please say hello and share your progress here.

Hello, I am snowed in and today I have decided to take back my health. I will be turning 50 in a couple of months and I want to become a better me so I have decided to join this challenge.
  • dofitzpatrick987
    dofitzpatrick987 Posts: 4 Member
    Hello. My name is Donna and I NEED this challenge. I will begin this challenge today at the beginners level. I've been stuck at the Day 6 level for some time. I have some physical challenges--lower back and knees--that slow me down. However, I am determined to get to my first goal, which is 10,000 steps daily. So here goes....
  • LadyChar150
    LadyChar150 Posts: 7 Member
    Hi, I'm Char from St. Louis. I'm going to be 70 years old next month. I'm wanting to lose weight and I know that exercise is a big part of that. I've only been walking 5 days a week for 1 hour each day and I don't know if I can do 6 days a week. I'm going to see if I can. I would love to be able to walk 10,000 steps a day. Perhaps with support I can do it.
  • frannie6
    frannie6 Posts: 2 Member
    I'm Frances and I'm beginning this challenge today! Very excited! I'll be starting the advanced challenge...eek! I'll see how that goes first - may need to tweak it and go down to intermediate! Haha
    Anyway, happy to be here!
  • aflies
    aflies Posts: 78 Member
    I am so behind! LOL. Anyone here ready to start from day one with me and help hold me accountable?
  • audrigervais
    audrigervais Posts: 1 Member
    Hi I am Adri. I used to love to walk. Fell off the wagon need to restart need it to distress and lose lbs
  • Wraiythe
    Wraiythe Posts: 786 Member
    Hi, my name is Kim. I started out a couple of years ago at almost 400 lbs. I lost 85 using mostly Leslie Sansone videos. Then got hit with a medical issue and had to stop exercising for a while. I went back up to 300 lbs and went way off track with eating and exercise. I am trying to get back in the habits that were successful for me; but it has been hard. I am starting this challenge to help me get back to where I need to be. I'm going to start off with beginner and go from there.
  • harryhole987
    harryhole987 Posts: 16 Member

Hello I'm robin...ready to walk
  • katchristian23
    katchristian23 Posts: 3 Member
    Hello, fellow challengers! My name is Kat, and I joined the challenge as a beginner, which I'll start tomorrow. I have completed seven half marathons (run-walk combo), but I've been out of a routine for a while. So I thought I'd start fresh, and lessen the joint impact by starting a walking routine instead of running. I was recently diagnosed as pre-diabetic, so that really brought into focus how much I need to change my fitness and nutrition for life. One of my goals is to lose 20-30 pounds by my 35th birthday on Thanksgiving. I live in Phoenix, Arizona, and teach the fifth-grade at a charter school. Just found out that I'm going to be the grade-level chair this year, so I'm very excited about that. Come spring, I'll also coach the track team for the fourth year. Outside of teaching I love to travel, attend arts and culture events (huge Hamilton fan at the moment), photography, and read. Now that I've practically written a novel, which I tend to do quite often, I will say goodbye for now!
  • MaureenRefior
    MaureenRefior Posts: 21 Member
    Hi! I just joined the MFP site yesterday, and this challenge today. Can someone tell me how to go about logging my steps? I walked at around 3 mph for 60 minutes today. Also, I don't have a "gadget" to log my steps, so how do I go about counting them? I don't want to be obsessive about accuracy, but I do want to challenge myself!
  • Tina2129
    Tina2129 Posts: 1 Member
    edited August 2016
    Hi everyone - my name is Tina and I am just joining as a beginner. I have advanced fibromyalgia and hips that regularly drop out of alignment so Im not sure how much I can do but will give it my best shot. My 2 year olds will be joining me as we walk off the weight w the videos. I know losing some of the weight would help me espnw my hips so that is my focus for now.

Id love to have a couple buddies join me... Thanks!
  • noranevers
    noranevers Posts: 3 Member
    Once again I am resolving to get rid of my weight. I know walking will help. I live in Mexico and it is already too hot to walk in the sun - I will have to do in in the mornings
  • travelling_lots
    travelling_lots Posts: 377 Member
    Hi everyone,

New to this challenge and looking forward it. I’m looking for motivation to get rid of 30 lbs with time since I can’t run. But walking is a good start. At least I’m moving.

Question:
    Just not sure are we to be wearing our watches the full month to count the steps or just log in what we do in an event each day?
  • Aisbitt73
    Aisbitt73 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi. I'm Nikki. I started walking for weightloss, and fitness. I have lost just over 4 stone so far. I try to get at least 10,000 steps a day and calorie counting to get the weight off. I have joined to get some motivation and any tips 😊
  • sunshine4mabh264
    sunshine4mabh264 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi everyone I am new today!! I am just getting back into the swing of things walking again!! i am excited about this challenge and I know it will keep me motivated!!