Since thick is in, should I stay at 145 on my 5'2 frame

Replies

• angellll12
    angellll12 Posts: 296 Member
    tmauck4472 wrote: »
    What is this Thick is in? Really are you comfortable where you are? If so then stop, if not then continue trying. This is about being healthy and happy and if you feel you are there then stop.

Type thick body type in Google images and you will see. Thanks
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Francl27 wrote: »
    EWJLang wrote: »
    Daiako wrote: »
    This thread was incredibly amusing....

All I have to say is it really isn't going to matter what you look like if your attitude and personality are less than desirable. Sure. It will get you a date. And maybe a relationship for a while. But eventually acting and being the way that some of the people here are being...not naming names but.... it won't last long. But at least you'll look good for you I guess? I suppose really that's all that matters...But it didn't seem like that was your sole intent for asking the question sooooo....

Good luck spot reducing!

I know for a fact a far number of the ladies in this thread are married/in long term relationships.

Not that your attempt at insults amount to much really, there are mass murders and criminals who manage to have people who will stick by them but some women with varying opinions on body image are the ones who'll be running into trouble? I mean....okay. Sure.

you'll never know who i really meant though now will you?

Wow, thanks for taking the heat off me veganbettie :+1:

:wink: and your...what did she say...."orange" skin? because clearly people can't have different skin tones....

200.gif

And, to be honest, I don't know a single woman who wouldn't love to look like Amber Rose PRE-SURGERY. In fact, every woman I know that looks more like that post-surgery pic would kill for her natural fit shape. The implants make her look grotesque. It's one thing to be naturally bodacious. Quite another to get surgically altered to look like a physiological impossibility.
    Also note that the ladies in Sir Mix A Lot's video have normal fine hindquarters, not silly puffed up nonsense like Amber and Kim have now.

But, then, the good Sir did point out that Silicone Parts are made for Toys....so he was a refined gentleman in his tastes.

Glad to see that some of you do have common sense lol. I find it almost an insult to women in general that some women go for that completely sexualized look. It's not attractive. It's an open invitation for pervs and makes them look like sexual objects. But I guess it does reflect on their IQ... in a way I pity them if they felt they had to go to such extents to get attention, when they were so beautiful before.

Ok yeah I apparently have strong feelings about that.

Did you seriously think about any of this before typing this out?

Or did you just sort of start typing and allow this to flow out of you?

Because holy victum blaming batman.

That's just absolutely infuriatingly sexists. You know what I hate- is when people assume attractive or anyone who cares about they way they look must be vapid and stupid.

You don't have to be frumpy- and forlorn to be smart. You to can be sexy- confident AND smart.

Guess what- humblebrag- I do it EVERY DAY.

Holding down a fab job as an engineer with a degree I got from a military school. Looking hot every day.

Good grief- seriously someone said it- what you have written here is the most OFFENSIVE thing in this thread.

I. literally. cannot. even.
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    JoRocka wrote: »

All I have to say is it really isn't going to matter what you look like if your attitude and personality are less than desirable. Sure. It will get you a date. And maybe a relationship for a while. But eventually acting and being the way that some of the people here are being...not naming names but.... it won't last long. But at least you'll look good for you I guess? I suppose really that's all that matters...But it didn't seem like that was your sole intent for asking the question sooooo....

Good luck spot reducing!

I know for a fact a far number of the ladies in this thread are married/in long term relationships.

Not that your attempt at insults amount to much really, there are mass murders and criminals who manage to have people who will stick by them but some women with varying opinions on body image are the ones who'll be running into trouble? I mean....okay. Sure.

:wink: and your...what did she say...."orange" skin? because clearly people can't have different skin tones....

200.gif

And, to be honest, I don't know a single woman who wouldn't love to look like Amber Rose PRE-SURGERY. In fact, every woman I know that looks more like that post-surgery pic would kill for her natural fit shape. The implants make her look grotesque. It's one thing to be naturally bodacious. Quite another to get surgically altered to look like a physiological impossibility.
    Also note that the ladies in Sir Mix A Lot's video have normal fine hindquarters, not silly puffed up nonsense like Amber and Kim have now.

But, then, the good Sir did point out that Silicone Parts are made for Toys....so he was a refined gentleman in his tastes.

Glad to see that some of you do have common sense lol. I find it almost an insult to women in general that some women go for that completely sexualized look. It's not attractive. It's an open invitation for pervs and makes them look like sexual objects. But I guess it does reflect on their IQ... in a way I pity them if they felt they had to go to such extents to get attention, when they were so beautiful before.

That's just absolutely infuriatingly sexists. You know what I hate- is when people assume attractive or anyone who cares about they way they look must be vapid and stupid.

You don't have to be frumpy- and forlorn to be smart. You to can be sexy- confident AND smart.

Holding down a fab job as an engineer with a degree I got from a military school. Looking hot every day.

Good grief- seriously someone said it- what you have written here is the most OFFENSIVE thing in this thread.

Yes girl yes!!
  • who4fan
    who4fan Posts: 388 Member
    As a side note, is "thick" a word to describe someone's figure now? I've only heard it applied to people who are a bit....less smart? I know all kinds of words for a more ample woman, and "thick" is not one I've heard people use with kindness.
    My daughter and her friends have been using that euphemism for a few years, so yeah, it's a thing.
    I think that you have to decide what makes you happy and that includes knowing what you can comfortably maintain. Many people struggle to get to a weight on some chart, get there and then can't stay and end up yo-yoing which messes up your metabolism. If you want to tone things up, lift and do core exercises. Most of all, be happy with yourself!
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    JoRocka wrote: »

Good luck spot reducing!

200.gif

No worries. She'll start a thread asking if it's okay if she goes for the sexualized look to completely contradict her post.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Sarauk2sf wrote: »
    PRMinx wrote: »
    giphy.gif

^^me at the moment.

Started reading at the beginning of this thread for a few pages, saw some fantastic body shaming...jumped to the end...holy moly!

Same. LOL.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx wrote: »
    giphy.gif

For real... this is the most confusing mess I've ever seen. I didn't know it was possible to be equally disgusted by two opposing viewpoints. All the body-shaming in this thread has just set women back 20 years.

I'm still trying to figure out what IQ has to do with anything here. Just....I'm stuck on that one still.
  • PRMinx
    LilLuLu4 wrote: »
    I'm 5'6" and 159 lbs. (considered overweight on the BMI scale). I go to the gym 6 days a week. I can run a 7:30 mile. I run 2-5 miles (8 min pace) about 4 days a week. I lift heavy things 4 times a week. My blood pressure is low and I'm completely healthy. So the BMI chart can kiss my a**. If a doctor examines me and takes note of my excellent stats and observes my fitness level and still tells me I need to lose 5 lbs. to get to "normal" BMI in order to consider me healthy...I'm finding a new doc.
    q21lmzafzvth.jpg

I hope you bought that dress - it looks fantastic on you.

Also this. That dress is GORGEOUS. And it was made for you.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    JLo is gorgeous. I'm just going to assume that some of you just don't know how to read, or are somehow incapable of seeing the difference between a bigger, natural booty, and a completely fake and unnatural one. Because that's the only reason I can think of why you all are putting words in my mouth.

But yeah, deciding to make yourself look completely unnatural and obscene does reflect on someone's personality, unfortunately, and I'm totally judging.

How so? I know women with fake boobs that are pretty cool and kind people. Not "fake" or trashy at all. To them, deciding they wanted bigger boobs is just like how some women may straighten or curl their hair or get tattoos. They did it for them, not for anyone else.
  • PikaKnight
    DirrtyH wrote: »
    JLo is gorgeous. I'm just going to assume that some of you just don't know how to read, or are somehow incapable of seeing the difference between a bigger, natural booty, and a completely fake and unnatural one. Because that's the only reason I can think of why you all are putting words in my mouth.

But yeah, deciding to make yourself look completely unnatural and obscene does reflect on someone's personality, unfortunately, and I'm totally judging.

I get what you're saying. Guys, I bolded the important part for you. Pretty sure FrancI27 is fine with Serena Williams.

Unless she didn't know it was natural and thought it was bought. I'm sure every person that gets implants of whatever sorts goes around with a price tag on their body parts just to make sure everyone else knows if they paid for something or not.

(See how ridiculous it is to judge someone like that? I hope so)
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    This thread continues to deliver*

*terrible and offensive viewpoints on women's bodies
  • PikaKnight

It's pretty disheartening and downright sickening :(
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    KylaDenay wrote: »
    Yes "thick" is a word to describe a women's figure. She is not skinny, nor fat and has meat in all the right places (thighs, hips, breast and booty).....basically a slang term you can find in the urban dictionary.

Huh. I'd call that "voluptuous" or "curvy" or any one of a number of other complementary words. "Thick" doesn't sound....nice. Or, even really accurate, because it usually implies "thick in the middle" to me, and most of the women mentioned in this thread have slimmer waists. But, now I know new slang. Look at me, being all rad!
  • plutomovedon
    plutomovedon Posts: 13 Member
    Who said "thick" is in? I sure didn't vote for this
  • ericaeast92
    ericaeast92 Posts: 16 Member
    BMI 26.5, Overweight
    BMI is not perfect but estimate that works unless you are a pro weight lifter, etc.
  • kbxiii
    kbxiii Posts: 865 Member
    No one can decide when you should stop losing (or gaining) weight except you. It's not about numbers, its about how you feel in your own skin. Assuming you have the right mind to make that decision (i.e you don't have an eating disorder, or a psychological problem)

One's body is none of another's business in my opinion, you want a boob job? go for it, a mommy makeover, why not. As long as it will make you happy, and won't threaten your health.
  • Slacker16
    Slacker16 Posts: 1,184 Member
    PikaKnight wrote: »

I'm enjoying it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Heartisalonelyhunter
    Heartisalonelyhunter Posts: 786 Member
    PikaKnight wrote: »

It is. I'm still shocked someone can post something like that and even go on to defend it. I just hope the woman who posted it has no daughters. What a terrible sexist attitude to women and their bodies to pass on.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    As a side note, is "thick" a word to describe someone's figure now? I've only heard it applied to people who are a bit....less smart? I know all kinds of words for a more ample woman, and "thick" is not one I've heard people use with kindness.

Yep - I grew up with thick = stupid.

Thick in the context of body comp is supposed to be sort of 'powerful' looking - and not super lean.

The images the OP is showing are of extreme hourglasses - not 'thick' women.

Not necessarily. Depends on who is using it. I've always heard it in the context that OP is using it. Ex dat *kitten* = thick

But your explanation above is consistent with mine - just worded a bit differently
  • Beauty_For_Ashes
    Beauty_For_Ashes Posts: 27 Member
    You are adorable! Great job!! And who cares what anyone else thinks or current trends? If you are comfortable being you, then you found your magic number!