Since thick is in, should I stay at 145 on my 5'2 frame

Replies

• chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    KylaDenay wrote: »
    ...also WOW!!! The insults in this thread are ridiculous.

I am a woman with curves and absolutely love big butts. I would love to get the fat removed from my love handles and inserted into my *kitten*. I don't need to do that cause my *kitten* is already big and I can squat to lift it.

I also have a tattoo in the middle of my boobs and wear open shirts proudly. Does that mean that I am looking for pervs or men to be disrespectful to me?! NO it does not.

You can trust what this woman says, she cannot lie. Her friends cannot deny this.
  • deluxmary2000
    deluxmary2000 Posts: 981 Member
    KylaDenay wrote: »
    ...also WOW!!! The insults in this thread are ridiculous.

I am a woman with curves and absolutely love big butts. I would love to get the fat removed from my love handles and inserted into my *kitten*. I don't need to do that cause my *kitten* is already big and I can squat to lift it.

I also have a tattoo in the middle of my boobs and wear open shirts proudly. Does that mean that I am looking for pervs or men to be disrespectful to me?! NO it does not.

You can trust what this woman says, she cannot lie. Her friends cannot deny this.

Unless she is smiling when she says it, because Bel, Biv, and Devoe taught me to "never trust a big butt and a smile".
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Sarauk2sf wrote: »
    Sarauk2sf wrote: »
    EWJLang wrote: »
    As a side note, is "thick" a word to describe someone's figure now? I've only heard it applied to people who are a bit....less smart? I know all kinds of words for a more ample woman, and "thick" is not one I've heard people use with kindness.

Yep - I grew up with thick = stupid.

Thick in the context of body comp is supposed to be sort of 'powerful' looking - and not super lean.

The images the OP is showing are of extreme hourglasses - not 'thick' women.

Not necessarily. Depends on who is using it. I've always heard it in the context that OP is using it. Ex dat *kitten* = thick

But your explanation above is consistent with mine - just worded a bit differently

I re-read your statement and I agree that they are consistent. I'd just always thought about it as 'womanly' rather than 'powerful', however, the distinction between the two is one I'm imposing, not a necessary one.

• PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Francl27 wrote: »
    JLo is gorgeous. I'm just going to assume that some of you just don't know how to read, or are somehow incapable of seeing the difference between a bigger, natural booty, and a completely fake and unnatural one. Because that's the only reason I can think of why you all are putting words in my mouth.

But yeah, deciding to make yourself look completely unnatural and obscene does reflect on someone's personality, unfortunately, and I'm totally judging.

You said that a sexualized look was an open invitation for pervs.

You said NOTHING about "unnatural".

Nice backtrack attempt.

• tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,459 Member
    edited April 2015
    PRMinx wrote: »
    giphy.gif

For real... this is the most confusing mess I've ever seen. I didn't know it was possible to be equally disgusted by two opposing viewpoints. All the body-shaming in this thread has just set women back 20 years.

I'm still trying to figure out what IQ has to do with anything here. Just....I'm stuck on that one still.

I think what it means is that she thinks dumb women want to be noticed (by men) for their bodies, so they get surgery that makes those bodies look "obscene" and "sexualized". (They don't get surgery for themselves, for example.) I also have to infer from that that smart women DON'T want to be noticed for their bodies at all, and that non-obscene bodies are ones with fewer curves (i.e. the fewer curves, the leaner, the less obscene - the less guilty if things do go wrong in the world). Also, obviously, sex is a bad thing and smart people don't want it.
  • Jesusjohnjames
    Jesusjohnjames Posts: 378 Member
    Skinny, thick,fat,curvy all very different based on the culture.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    tomatoey wrote: »
    giphy.gif

For real... this is the most confusing mess I've ever seen. I didn't know it was possible to be equally disgusted by two opposing viewpoints. All the body-shaming in this thread has just set women back 20 years.

I'm still trying to figure out what IQ has to do with anything here. Just....I'm stuck on that one still.

I think what it means is that she thinks dumb women want to be noticed (by men) for their bodies, so they get surgery that makes those bodies look "obscene" and "sexualized". (They don't get surgery for themselves, for example.) I also have to infer from that that smart women DON'T want to be noticed for their bodies at all, and that non-obscene bodies are ones with fewer curves (i.e. the fewer curves, the leaner, the less obscene - the less guilty if things do go wrong in the world). Also, obviously, sex is a bad thing and smart people don't want it.

But that's for women only is I'm reading this thread correctly.
    Men can be hot- smart- successful AND like sex.... ?

did I get it right?
  • runner475
    runner475 Posts: 1,236 Member
    JoRocka wrote: »
    giphy.gif

did I get it right?

Holy shoot!!! If that's what it all meant I have no words for them.

I, too, when I 1st read didn't understand what IQ had to do with it but didn't pay much attention.

What in the world? This really makes me sick to my stomach.

I'm out of this thread.
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    JoRocka wrote: »
    giphy.gif

did I get it right?

I think that's the implicit statement here.

One of the issues here is that poster is creating a false dichotomy that illicitly links IQ, body type (as it is irrelevant natural or not), and attention from men.

I think poster finds women who exploit their bodies for profit offensive and therefore labels women who do so as stupid. I would imagine she would also think less curvy women dressing and exploiting their bodies for is trashy, stupid etc.

• fddee
    fddee Posts: 24 Member
    While I think beauty is relative, and curves are beautiful, if you are heavy and on the top rangeor over BMI and store fat in your belly, you are not in the healthiest form for longevity. Belly fat and being overweight pose health risks which, as women, increase as we age.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    giphy.gif

Well, in that case....

giphy.gif

to that poster.
  • TitaniaEcks
    TitaniaEcks Posts: 351 Member
    Hate to be pedantic, but re: that silly woman's comment that women with "over-sexualized bodies" tend to have low IQs... that's actually, like, the opposite of the truth. Hourglass and pear shape in women has been shown to be correlated with many positive health outcomes, including lifespan, fertility, and HIGHER AVERAGE IQ. Physical attractiveness is a product of an appearance of health/fertility/developmental fitness, and developmental fitness influences the development of the brain, which is, after all, just another body part.

Also I find her comments to be extremely sex-negative, victim-blamey, and cretinous.

I don't have a big butt, so I have no dog in this fight, but I'm dropping this link here anyway:

University Herald: Women with big butts are smarter and resistant to chronic illnesses
  • Angelfire365
    Angelfire365 Posts: 803 Member
    rainbowbow wrote: »
    arditarose wrote: »
    rainbowbow wrote: »
    angellll12 wrote: »
    I rather have some fat then be skinny with small breast, it's not womanly since we're being honest. I don't mind a little stomach, I'll probably go down to 130 and stop there and just workout to maintain and be healthy, I can look hot still without looking like I try so hard at the gym.

TIL- I am not womanly. :open_mouth:

Right? I have 32 B's, basically the same cup size as a 34 A...and I still think I'm womanly. You bet.

Same size here! :) Sometimes i wear a 30C because the straps fit better but 99% of stores dont carry a band that small.

I have big boobs. It's just the thought of that making me "womanly" is kinda ew. I'm pretty sure that woman card came with my uterus.

This almost made me snort my drink.
  • veganbettie
    veganbettie Posts: 701 Member
    Hate to be pedantic, but re: that silly woman's comment that women with "over-sexualized bodies" tend to have low IQs... that's actually, like, the opposite of the truth. Hourglass and pear shape in women has been shown to be correlated with many positive health outcomes, including lifespan, fertility, and HIGHER AVERAGE IQ. Physical attractiveness is a product of an appearance of health/fertility/developmental fitness, and developmental fitness influences the development of the brain, which is, after all, just another body part.

Also I find her comments to be extremely sex-negative, victim-blamey, and cretinous.

I don't have a big butt, so I have no dog in this fight, but I'm dropping this link here anyway:

University Herald: Women with big butts are smarter and resistant to chronic illnesses

Sweet. Always knew my brain came from somewhere. Now I know. It's from my big butt.

• TitaniaEcks
    TitaniaEcks Posts: 351 Member
    edited April 2015

Sweet. Always knew my brain came from somewhere. Now I know. It's from my big butt.

LOL. You know that's not what that means. For example, I have an IQ of 2,000, and my brain is so big there are pebbles in orbit around it... but I gots no booty.

"On average" =/= "in every individual case"
  • veganbettie
    veganbettie Posts: 701 Member

LOL. You know that's not what that means. For example, I have an IQ of 2,000, and my brain is so big there are pebbles in orbit around it... but I gots no booty.

"On average" =/= "in every individual case"

That would get SO annoying.

• PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    edited April 2015

So the IQ came with my hoohas? SWEET. j/k

Too funny about resistant to chronic illness. I have 4 of them.

• angellll12
    angellll12 Posts: 296 Member
    <3 I wish. The thighs on these girls geez o_o so beauty.
    o86v6koe7ekt.jpg
    so2q5oxks4zi.jpg
    6984ruvu664y.jpg
    7l74fudbej92.jpg
    dok4quqbo4aa.jpg
    q8h6wnrbqequ.jpg

• RhineDHP
    RhineDHP Posts: 1,025 Member
    edited April 2015
    RhineDHP wrote: »
    Daiako wrote: »
    This thread was incredibly amusing....

All I have to say is it really isn't going to matter what you look like if your attitude and personality are less than desirable. Sure. It will get you a date. And maybe a relationship for a while. But eventually acting and being the way that some of the people here are being...not naming names but.... it won't last long. But at least you'll look good for you I guess? I suppose really that's all that matters...But it didn't seem like that was your sole intent for asking the question sooooo....

Good luck spot reducing!

I know for a fact a far number of the ladies in this thread are married/in long term relationships.

Not that your attempt at insults amount to much really, there are mass murders and criminals who manage to have people who will stick by them but some women with varying opinions on body image are the ones who'll be running into trouble? I mean....okay. Sure.

you'll never know who i really meant though now will you?

Wow, thanks for taking the heat off me veganbettie :+1:

:wink: and your...what did she say...."orange" skin? because clearly people can't have different skin tones....

200.gif

And, to be honest, I don't know a single woman who wouldn't love to look like Amber Rose PRE-SURGERY. In fact, every woman I know that looks more like that post-surgery pic would kill for her natural fit shape. The implants make her look grotesque. It's one thing to be naturally bodacious. Quite another to get surgically altered to look like a physiological impossibility.
    Also note that the ladies in Sir Mix A Lot's video have normal fine hindquarters, not silly puffed up nonsense like Amber and Kim have now.

But, then, the good Sir did point out that Silicone Parts are made for Toys....so he was a refined gentleman in his tastes.

Glad to see that some of you do have common sense lol. I find it almost an insult to women in general that some women go for that completely sexualized look. It's not attractive. It's an open invitation for pervs and makes them look like sexual objects. But I guess it does reflect on their IQ... in a way I pity them if they felt they had to go to such extents to get attention, when they were so beautiful before.

Ok yeah I apparently have strong feelings about that.

Oh yay, more body shaming! And intelligence insulting! Brilliant.

How can it be body shaming if they are deliberately making themselves look like that through plastic surgery??
    I see body shaming as putting someone down for their natural body shape, which there is really nothing they can do about it.. To me, that's not nice or fair.

Body shaming = shaming someone's body. Surgical altering doesn't change this fact.

JLo is gorgeous. I'm just going to assume that some of you just don't know how to read, or are somehow incapable of seeing the difference between a bigger, natural booty, and a completely fake and unnatural one. Because that's the only reason I can think of why you all are putting words in my mouth.

But yeah, deciding to make yourself look completely unnatural and obscene does reflect on someone's personality, unfortunately, and I'm totally judging.

The fact that you're even defending your previous post...
    Who cares what each of you think about artificial enhancements, different body shapes and weights. None of your opinions matter.

You don't have the right to shame other people's preferences and brand them as "disgusting".

OP your decision should depend solely on your own preferences. As long as you're happy with your own body that's all that matters.

Honestly, /end thread

This is probably one of the best pieces of advice given by the whole thread, in addition to not conforming to societal pressure of how one should look.

EDIT: Based on your latest post OP, it's very do-able, being able to get thighs like that. Honestly, if you haven't incorporated heavy lifting into your exercise regimen yet, you totally should start!
  • DirrtyH
    DirrtyH Posts: 664 Member
    edited April 2015

Oh, so now women who aren't curvy are stupid? What if I'm an apple shape? I'm unattractive, asexual and dumb. Great.