My rock bottom... trying to get out :(

1111213141517»

Replies

• aimmer20
    aimmer20 Posts: 14 Member
    Hello, I can't say that I know what you're going through at all. I hope that you will look at this time in your life as a new beginning. This is the time for you to focus on yourself and get away from the abuse. Please start taking care of yourself. You may not feel like you are worth it because that is what you have been told and that is what the voice in your head is telling you. YOU ARE WORTH IT! I know that it's easier said than done to make the changes but you have taken the first step and that's awesome! Good luck to you and I hope everything works out.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Ok this is a bump.

I have noted managingintake has not posted on her wall for sometime. Does anyone have contact with her? I did note she had a large support MFP group (supportive eoman?) and was wondering if that was still going? If its still active then could the organiser send an invite to
    stacycurtis1987
    as she seems to have been removed the group and was windering if it had been disbanded?

I do hope managingintake is ok and she comes bacck to let us know. Imo she was doing incredibky well and was being very brave about dealing with the situation.

I always felt that in the circumstances the diet was of small importance compared to the sobriety and keeping up with AA, which in turn would help her see things clearly and stay away from the husband.

If OP still visiting then please post back so people know whats happening.
    If you have lapsed, then dont worry you just have to get back on with it, am sure everyone only wishes you well in dealing with the issue.

If you have gone back to him, then that would still be your choice. Um sure many of us here would just like to know you are well.

Take care and I hope everything is ok.
  • donnadaavid
    donnadaavid Posts: 4 Member
    Hi. I don't know you and I am also not in anyway a trained psychologist but I however have my 2 penny contribution to your issue.
    you sound like a strong, intelligent woman . if I saw your picture, I am almost certain I could add beautiful to it. So tell me again, what's there not to love about you? I think you have to first love the you in you and the you outside you and make no apologies for who you are.
    With no intentions of insulting the man you love and call your husband, I'd like to say he doesn't deserve you. No one should have to make another person feel inadequate except they are insecure themselves. Your man has major issues and YOU should not have to take responsibilities for that. HE needs to deal with his issues while you deal with yours.
    I agree with everyone that says you should keep getting help but please please do this only for YOU and not for anyone else. If you wanna loose weight, let it be because you want to feel good in your body and not because anyone has the right to tell you how to look and what to wear.
    I could go on and on but this is a public forum so I end by saying that I think you are better off without this relationship. Looks like the problem has been there ab initio. You can't change people especially when they don't wanna change so count your loses and move on. If he gets half of your life worth then let that be your sacrifice for peace, love and a good life. If you die he might just get everything anyways and it looks like he won't stop till you are dead. If you loose weight he will find something else to oppress you with. Run while you still can. Build your life again. You did it before and can do it again.
    By the way don't feel bad that you didn't tell your loved ones all these while and also don't hesitate to tell them now what is going on. Stop trying to protect the man, let them know him for who he is and if they hate him well he brought it on himself. Don't take credit for that. Your loved ones will be glad you
  • zacksnana
    zacksnana Posts: 3,230 Member
    Update; managingintake seems to be taking a break and hasn't logged in for two months so the group was disbanded. We didn't remove anyone but felt if managingintake does come back she will most likely post her update on this thread and everyone will be updated together.

Still hoping for the best for her and praying all is well.