Learning to be hungry

13»

Replies

• ogmomma2012
    ogmomma2012 Posts: 1,520 Member
    rebprest wrote: »
    Thanks for the advice! I do take a multivitamin for iron, I just don't always remember to log it. I will try to eat more vegetables. Some of them are just included in things: the tuna melt had vegetables, the hummus sandwich was filled with vegetables. I just grabbed a random similar item from the database because the restaurants I go to don't have calorie counts. Those that do tend to be chains, which I snobbishly hate.

I live at home and it is hard to tell my parents I won't go out to eat with them or make them eat somewhere lame when they are being generous and want to spend time with me.

Some restaurants will oblige if you ask about the nutritional information. So ON TOP of your Iron supplement, you take a multivitamin with additional iron and you're STILL being syptomatic? Iron is best when digested with vitamin C. Have you had your ferritin levels checked? And how much water do you drink?
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    rebprest wrote: »
    Thanks for the advice! I do take a multivitamin for iron, I just don't always remember to log it. I will try to eat more vegetables. Some of them are just included in things: the tuna melt had vegetables, the hummus sandwich was filled with vegetables. I just grabbed a random similar item from the database because the restaurants I go to don't have calorie counts. Those that do tend to be chains, which I snobbishly hate.

I live at home and it is hard to tell my parents I won't go out to eat with them or make them eat somewhere lame when they are being generous and want to spend time with me.

I thought that might be the case...but you could still add more veggies! Order a salad when you go out.
  • rebprest
    rebprest Posts: 149 Member
    I should order salads...I just hate them so much. So, so much. I'll try. No, I just take the multivitamin with iron, no supplements on top of that!