got to loose weight

I was considering weight loss surgery but I saw this article about Papa Joe Aviance. different links took me here. wow is that guy an inspiration. I drive a truck and have no idea about what to eat or how to start. any advise is welcome. thanks

Replies

• bearsfan67
    bearsfan67 Posts: 57
    You have taken the first step in coming here!! Stay within your calories and even truck drivers can eat healthy. Have healthy snacks.....80 calorie granola thins, special K bars, almonds, fruit and so on......find things you may like. Also when eating out because I assume as a trucker you do that a lot ......stay away from fried foods and try to find something on the healthier side. You can check online before eating at a place what the calorie count is on foods. There are protein shakes that take place of a meal as well. Exercise can be hard for a trucker but I bet some truck stops have work out rooms or even hotels. Walk, sit ups or something to keep active. Eating differently will make a big difference. Good luck on your journey......:)
  • adairbrum
    adairbrum Posts: 68
    This is the best place , just fallow the MFP calorie counter and you will find you can eat more if your choices are good !! But you can have pizza you'll just starve the rest of the day!