Can someone cut through the bull and tell me the truth!

Options
12346»

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    mpvette88 wrote: »
    JoRocka wrote: »
    So two big things. well 3.

1.) Calories- you must be at a calorie deficit to lose weight. Period. No working out required.
    2.) Lifting weights will help retain muscle mass so you don't just look like a smaller version of what you are now.
    3.) A well rounded fitness program for your health and wellness should/will include a cardiovascular component and a strength/resistance training program.

Those are the 3 big things.

You can start with the calories- that's easy. Log daily- buy a food scale- use MFP- or google TDEE and use that- either one is fine.

As for cardio- either for running- try couch to 5K- great beginner program- if you want to run. walking is fine- row machine- bike- whatever- not relevant unless you have a specific goal in mind.

For lifting
    Strong lifts
    New rules of lifting
    starting strength
    strong curves

or you can do body weight-
    body by you
    you are your own gym
    convict conditioning

all great places to get started!

Nailed it

?https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SO8T0ZZVMSU

because- it's late- why not.
  • loxottica
    loxottica Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    tzarba wrote: »
    @loxottica You can do HIIT. I used to run long slow miles, 5 miles at 5MPH and I started doing HIIT on the treadmill. It was tough, but you'll train yourself to run at 7.0, 7.5, even 8. The great thing is you know the runs are for a short time. My HIIT workouts are now 22-25 min vs 50. Gotta love that.

I have tried HIIT but the "begginer" kind if there is such a thing. I walk one min at 3.0 and run the next min. The first run is at 5.0 then the next time I run is at 6.0 and I think I go up to 7.0 ... and I can only do it for 15 mins. Its a start. I would like to be able to job and then sprint.
  • amydhayes
    amydhayes Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This helped me loose 60lbs this last year. Stopped drinking soda. Use mfp daily to keep on track with calories. Smaller meals more frequent with a protein every time. Walking,squats and small weights all from home.