Bread??

Replies

• maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Maid, it was only after I said I would do this that others started complicating the issue, like they were somehow worried that I might actually prove my point to be correct. Go back and read the thread and you will see the timeline and how the positions changed once I said I would do exactly what I was told would produce NO weight fluxuations, since it is all about CICO and has nothing to do about WHAT YOU EAT. Sorry, you are you speaking without checking your facts, once again. If you are going to nitpic, then please accurately nitpic. This is exactly why I wanted to weed out all the grey area and find out exactly what the opinion was and prediction was about what my body would do and how it would perform. Pretty assumptive that people think that they know so much including how MY BODY will react to food eating behavior. This is called narcissism. I will call it what it is.

No one ever said you would not have weight fluctuations. That absolutely did not happen. If you think it did, show it to us. Because I can show you at least three examples of people telling you that you would show a gain in water weight today. We all have weight fluctuations, it is how the human body works. It is actually extremely simple and no one is complicating this except you.
  • donjtomasco
    donjtomasco Posts: 789 Member
    jelly, you are so wrong. you said my weight would NOT be affected. you only changed you comments after i layed out my experiment for lunch. you are quite a piece of work. and so is your sister maidentl. quite delusional.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Pretty amusing thread. A man starts a "1 day study" that people from the beginning say is a flawed method" in order to prove something no one actually said. Then gets results and he claims people are upset about because it proved him right and what they said was wrong, but proven wrong about something they never said, just what he interprets, which makes no sense. In the end the study was great because it showed the man doesn't understand science. Or humor because somehow he believes calling me M2M funny somehow. M2M understands science and feels sorry for the man that put tons of work into a 1 day study to prove nothing to anyone.

THIS, Yes.
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    I don't believe all calories are created equal. But having said that I think that I would rather use something like swedish crisp bread for a lower count and a different carb level and use my calories more effectively for something more satisfying.

crisp bread is actually higher in calories than toast if you get the same weight of it.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    edited April 2015
    jelly, you are so wrong. you said my weight would NOT be affected. you only changed you comments after i layed out my experiment for lunch. you are quite a piece of work. and so is your sister maidentl. quite delusional.

I said that bread consumption would not cause a stall in weight loss. That you cannot understand the difference between a stall in weight loss and a temporary water weight gain due to gorging on high sodium foods was not something a reasonable person could anticipate.

The only delusions displayed on this thread are your own. Once again, a thread has been hijacked by your inability or unwillingness to understand what others are saying.

I apologize that I didn't specify what I thought was clear: bread consumption, as part of a balanced diet, will not stall weight loss. It will not override your body's ability to burn energy. But binging on fried foods that are high in sodium and including bread as part of that meal may well result in temporary water weight gain.

I can't believe that some people needed that spelled out. But maybe this will end the confusion. I'll remember to break down the obvious for you in the future so you can avoid binges.
  • 3bambi3
    3bambi3 Posts: 1,650 Member
    edited April 2015

Nope. They said that your weight would not be affected in the long term, and this is true.

Who is delusional here? The people who think that eating bread will not affect weight loss when taken in the context of your overall diet, or the person who bases their dietary decisions on the results of one day of eating?

And I'm still waiting for answers to my question.
  • captivatedlife
    captivatedlife Posts: 60 Member
    I am low carb (under 100 net most days.... but not today!) and I often have a slice of whole wheat bread for breakfast with cream cheese. I'm fine with it. However if I start my day with a donut (ahem, I did today!) or croissant, muffin, etc and so forth, I find that my days only go downhill from there. Each person has to determine for themselves what are their trigger foods: I can eat a Tbsp of peanut butter and stop there, happily but I have coworkers who will sit and eat the whole jar (ok, only half a cup - but really!) and I can eat 2 Tbsp of icecream but sit me in front of a fresh loaf of sourdough and that sucker is demolished!
  • Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    uzfo4g1ntcuc.gif

This thread delivers!

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    3bambi3 wrote: »

Nope. They said that your weight would not be affected in the long term, and this is true.

Who is delusional here? The people who think that eating bread will not affect weight loss when taken in the context of your overall diet, or the person who bases their dietary decisions on the results of one day of eating?

And I'm still waiting for answers to my question.

Somehow, I doubt you'll ever receive that answer.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    maidentl wrote: »
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    It would be great if some people that have good information to spare wouldn't sprinkle it with derogatory comments, but that seems to be the nature of public forums. I take the good stuff no matter where it comes from and ignore bad stuff.

This is a fair point, IMO, and I try to do the same.

I do try to stay civil, but you have to admit, even a saint would lose his patience with this thread. :laugh:

That's true too!
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    I'm just going to leave this here:

1526899_10152706294656605_317513908832937466_n.png
  • greenlizard72
    greenlizard72 Posts: 76 Member

I like this!
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    OK, really? Now you're just making things up. You were told multiple times yesterday before you weighed in this morning that your weight would be up due to water retention. It's absolutely ludicrous to say it was only claimed after the fact. It's right here in black and white, date and time stamped even. Come on! You never once acknowledged that any other element in your meal would contribute to this "weight gain." You have stated repeatedly that it's the bread. Your actual weight was not affected, you're just holding on to water and holding on to the mistaken belief that this has slowed you down somehow.

I would agree with this.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    psulemon
    No, I did not know protein spiked insulin, but I did know about insulin contributing to the fullness feeling, along with leptin. I'll read that article today. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE good bread. The tastes and the amazing ability to hold delicious foods in the form of a sandwich or hamburger. I just choose to spend my calories on things I feel are more valuable. It's not 100% or die though. If I am forced to have bread because of location or situation, I'll eat and be happy. It's happened a couple times like at my daughter's hockey games. I don't think bread is poison!

And thanks for the graphic. Charts and graphs rock!

And that is fine. Anything that can help you succeed is what is important. For me, bread is in most of my days but i haven't had pasta in a year or two. Not because its bad but when given a choice between pasta or meat, meat always wins.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,831 Member
    Machka9 wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to toast for breakfast tomorrow. :)

And it was delicious!

I debated what to have with it, and finally settled on ... hard boiled eggs. :)

• Justygirl77
    Justygirl77 Posts: 385 Member

Like!

• teagirlmedium
    teagirlmedium Posts: 679 Member
    For me it is almost worthless because it does not feel me up so why should I eat it. Unless it is french bread. Then it tastes great, but other than that I would rather get my calories from something that feels me up.
This discussion has been closed.