Bread??

Options

Replies

• maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    Stbarber1 wrote: »
    It doesn't appear to me that he misunderstood. He said his weight would go up. Others told him that it wouldn't hinder his weight loss, in those statements no one was referring to "water weight". In the end though "water weight" is still weight. He was not saying fat loss, he said weight.

I feel he would know best how different foods effect his body. If he has found that eating at a caloric deficit he still struggles to lose weight when he includes certain items, then that is true for him. It doesn't need to be true for anyone else.

I don't think you read the entire thread. And word games are just silly. If you tell someone bread will slow down your weight loss, most people are going to assume it affects their actual weight, not that what he secretly means is that it might make you retain water. I don't care what Don eats, but I care when he tells other people what they should eat and he loves to tell people not to eat bread.

• donjtomasco
    donjtomasco Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    Thanks barber. Yes.
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    Stbarber1 wrote: »
    It doesn't appear to me that he misunderstood. He said his weight would go up. Others told him that it wouldn't hinder his weight loss, in those statements no one was referring to "water weight". In the end though "water weight" is still weight. He was not saying fat loss, he said weight.

I feel he would know best how different foods effect his body. If he has found that eating at a caloric deficit he still struggles to lose weight when he includes certain items, then that is true for him. It doesn't need to be true for anyone else.

He got asked if he thinks it's fat gain or water weight or what and he said he guesses it's a slowdown of metabolism, which he then tried to somehow "prove" by eating bread with a bunch of other stuff and then measuring his weight the next day, which I can't even begin to explain on how many levels that was stupid, well I kinda already did with my "eat 10 pounds of lettuce and you're 10 pounds heavier" post. See, CICO is BS! Lettuce has barely any calories but I got huge from eating lettuce!!!1
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    These forums are all about word games.

Ultimately the people looking for the advice will take from it what they want. I don't think it's wrong of him to relate his experience with certain foods, just because others may disagree.

• mwebster01
    mwebster01 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Whats people's views on bread and weightloss.. Some people say stay clear etc.. Any thoughts?
    I don't eat it.Im doing a low carb meal program, so breads, pastas, potatoes, and rice r not on my menu.I keep my carbs to less than 100 grams.carbs make you fat.

• mwebster01
    mwebster01 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I tend to over indulge. Having two warm oven fresh dinner rolls with butter is about 1/3 of my daily calories....and I'd still be hungry. It isn't a very good choice for weight loss for me.
    I agree with u.

• elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    mwebster11 wrote: »
    Whats people's views on bread and weightloss.. Some people say stay clear etc.. Any thoughts?
    I don't eat it.Im doing a low carb meal program, so breads, pastas, potatoes, and rice r not on my menu.I keep my carbs to less than 100 grams.carbs make you fat.

yeah... No they don't. Excess calories are what cause weight gain.
  • Ameengyrl
    Ameengyrl Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I love bread. I mean LOVE but I always feel crappy after eating it. For about a day or two... I still lose weight but do not lose AS MUCH as I do when I keep my bread intake low. That's MY body... I have no insulin issues.

It's so strange to me that folks here really expect everyone to have the same exact results. Like there's no variation in how different bodies process foods?
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    mwebster11 wrote: »

Calorie surplus makes you fat , not carbs ..
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Well all, i decided to do a two day experiment, yesterday i had 4 dinner rolls and a sandwich with wheat bread and subway the day before for lunch and a hamburger. Two days ago i was 178 and today was 175. So apparently, bread turbo charges my metabolism. Oh and btw i pretty much have a p28 protein bagel with peanut butter daily.
  • nancyjay__
    nancyjay__ Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    This post

200w.gif
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Ameengyrl wrote: »
    I love bread. I mean LOVE but I always feel crappy after eating it. For about a day or two... I still lose weight but do not lose AS MUCH as I do when I keep my bread intake low. That's MY body... I have no insulin issues.

It's so strange to me that folks here really expect everyone to have the same exact results. Like there's no variation in how different bodies process foods?
    Have you ever considered that you might have an allergy to wheat or something. Generally, pain for a few days after could indicate something isnt working.
  • donjtomasco
    Options
    MrM, I log everything I eat and burn. I do this for me, not for you or other members.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    psulemon wrote: »
    Well all, i decided to do a two day experiment, yesterday i had 4 dinner rolls and a sandwich with wheat bread and subway the day before for lunch and a hamburger. Two days ago i was 178 and today was 175. So apparently, bread turbo charges my metabolism. Oh and btw i pretty much have a p28 protein bagel with peanut butter daily.

Well that settles it. I'm going to eat that tomorrow! :trollface:

• donjtomasco
    Options
    Good job psule.
This discussion has been closed.