The 40-Something Club

167891012»

Replies

• willbehot2015
    willbehot2015 Posts: 89 Member
    8ericalynn wrote: »
    Hi again, so should we create a group? I notice a lot of the 40 something groups are not active
    I'd like a group. I keep forgetting to check this page out. How hard is it to set up?
  • willbehot2015
    willbehot2015 Posts: 89 Member
    I made a group for us 40-something. I tried to make it clear it's age, not weight, so it's 40-49 year olds. It's public so come join.
  • tamaratran
    tamaratran Posts: 6 Member
    Turned 44 this year....need to lose 30!! I met with a wellness dr today who said I have a disease of the fork and am flirting with pre diabetes if I don't start controlling my intake... The truth hurts!!

I'd love support... I started the RepairVite Gut Repair 30 day diet 5 days ago and I'm actually noticing more energy and less inflammation and water retention...

Feel free to add me. 40's club sounds....a bit depressing especially since lately I've been feeling 50ish!!!

Cheers
  • mom2pne
    mom2pne Posts: 215 Member
    Hello! I'm 41 and have about 145 pounds to lose to get to my goal weight. I have set up a mini goal of getting down to 270 by mid July.
  • sedmackay
    sedmackay Posts: 1 Member
    I'm 45 and gained 15 lbs over the past winter. I joined almost a month ago and so far lost 5.5lbs. I'd love to join in! I find the only way the scale moves is if I exercise, so I'm definitely trying to increase how much I move. I just find it hard with my work hours. And my desire to not exercise!
  • sgraz2000
    sgraz2000 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi all!! Also about to turn 43 and could lose at least 30... losing 43 would be amazing!! Have always struggled, it's a daily issue trying to self motivate and find a good balance of diet and exercise. I've been using MFP on and off for a few years but am new to the communities, so, any help or friends are most appreciated!!
  • browndes
    browndes Posts: 6 Member
    lizarene3 wrote: »
    Hi, I'm 48 and need to lose 60 pounds. I started on MFP about 3 years ago and lost 35 pounds, then slacked and ended up gaining 33 of them back! I began counting again on Monday, am quitting the mountain dew, again, talk about headaches!, and have started walking, slowly on the treadmill. Anyone please feel free to add me and we can cheer each other on along the way to better health and smaller jeans! lol

Smaller jeans? Yes that's a great goal! Haha I started this journey 3 years ago and just seem to yo yo.. It's hard when I'm a stress eater! Ugh the motivation is hard too. It's rough finding energy being severely anemic but I'm tired of being overnight too! I've done the gym memberships, and diet pills, and exercise videos, and weight loss clubs, I just can't seem to keep it off.. So I can totally relate to what you said!!!
  • xALEXANDROx
    xALEXANDROx Posts: 3,416 Member
    I'm almost 40
  • jgeiger235
    jgeiger235 Posts: 1 Member
    I am 43 and have about 43lbs to lose! Hoping to get motivation from some other 40 somethings to kick this into gear.

Anyone?

I am 45 and want to lose 20-25. Last year at this time I was144 (also ran a half marathon). In January I lost my brother and haven't been on track at all. Help!!
  • squeaktooth
    squeaktooth Posts: 10 Member
    cj94404 wrote: »
    kpodaru wrote: »
    turing 40 this year ( :o ) but at least i'm going to do it in the best shape of my life. i recently found my high school jeans when i was a teeny thing, put them on and they were a bit loose. my reaction to that was pretty much the same as when my husband proposed.

Ha! Well done. Isn't funny/horrible how important weight loss feels? I wish it didn't have that much power over me. I long to be a person who doesn't need to care. Or think about it all the time. I know that can't happen. I feel like an alcoholic. I will never have a day off thinking about it.

• squeaktooth
    squeaktooth Posts: 10 Member
    Like an Alcoholic for sure. What you wrote just made me burst into tears. ..I feel like a disgusting creature who deserves to remain unloved and failed BC I've outgrown all size ten pants...it's humiliating more to be this upset...I have to keep my lame job BC no way can I waddle my way into better...old fat alone and hyper aware of how lucky it is...all I want to do is just eat some toast....what to do when positivity seems impossible...stuck in self hatred...all due to fat. Which I'm too 'enlightened' to care about, anyway. There must be a 12 step program for body hatred...it is so toxic...concrete steps to lessen its grip, anyone? PS ashamed by this idiot rant...sorry...feel so pissed and outta control and disgusted....how to accept appearance? Ugh....
  • TnTWalter
    TnTWalter Posts: 345 Member
    I'm 44. Have lost 8 pounds and have about 12 pounds to go. My 45th is mid-August and I'm hoping to be close by then.
  • buxbert
    buxbert Posts: 244 Member
    hi, I am 43 and am planning to lose another 44 pounds. so far I have lost 6 and I don't miss them at all! nice to be able to wear old jeans without feeling sick :-)
    I have been overweight for the last 25 years, now my first important goal is to get our of the obesity range which will be in about 5.4 pounds. For my birthday in Mid-August I want to be down on 176, so 14 pounds to go in 11 weeks. Should be do-able but I lost the first momentum and am struggling a bit to get back to better discipline. I do see some results, though as my shape has changed through exercise and I can wear things again that didn't fit for the last years. Yesterday, I finished a women's run (5km) being slower than the last 2 times I took part but at least I did it. Next year I want to run under 35 min. Still slow but faster than now. Running is not my favorite but once a week I meet with a group of nice people so that makes it bearable. I also started a weekly swim class a little while ago which I really enjoy and I try to go to the gym once a week. Summer will be trickier as there are no babysitters and regular schedules are harder to achieve but I will try to fit in as much as I can.