What do you think about when you workout?

1235»

Replies

• katalinax87
    katalinax87 Posts: 146 Member
    I think about how good it will feel when I blast my triathlon pb. I also go to my happy place where the man of my dreams worships me and life is perfect
  • Michael190lbs
    Michael190lbs Posts: 1,510 Member
    vfit10 wrote: »
    Sex
    One honest person in the bunch!!

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    i watch (read) the tv, daydream, wait for my current song to be over so i can decrease/increase intensity, people watch (my fave is watching the females clients try and flirt with the personal trainers LOL)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Depends what... On the treadmill at the gym (fast walks at an incline) I focus on my music while I play solitaire (I love the new treadmills, LOL). Time flies, I love it. At home, I'm doing Les Mills Combat, which I actually really like (I'm on my second round). Now I know the moves so it's anything from thinking about what I'm going to make for lunch to 'oh I kick higher now' and sometimes yes 'Is it over yet?', but I have a lot of 'this is actually fun' and 'look how hard I'm punching too'.

A few months ago I spent a whole hour on the treadmill fantasizing about having pizza for lunch, where I would get the pizza, or if I should make one instead... Seriously, the whole hour. I ended up going to a pizza place for lunch after.
  • kjac1992
    kjac1992 Posts: 16 Member
    I work out with my sister and we make everything a competition. so my thoughts are generally "I hate you" or "I can do better than her" hahaha
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    On the treadmill I count the seconds between each .01 of mile while listening to music. Plus, I am always doing some type of speed interval, like today 1 minute at 6.2mph, 2 minutes at 6.5mph, 2 minutes at 6.8mph - repeat so I have to focus on the minutes passing. It can be pretty tedious. I like the idea of listening to a book... I'll have to try that.

At the gym I do the counting and interval thing, plus try to read the closed captioning on the overhead TVs - lol. I also get distracted by people working out next to me. The time at the gym always goes by faster than at home...
  • mz_getskinny
    mz_getskinny Posts: 258 Member
    I honestly have no idea what I think about!! Kinda want to go to the gym again so I can find out :)
  • Oldbitcollector
    Oldbitcollector Posts: 229 Member
    I try to block out everything except my form and breathing...
    (Except for the loud AC/DC and various other tracks pounding in my ears)
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    How long until I get some noticeable muscle growth...other than that I don't think about anything, it's my time to de stress and not think about all the idiots out there.
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    I think of people I don't like and resolve to be in better shape than them. Is that awful?
    Lol that's funny, not awful
  • LAMCDylan
    LAMCDylan Posts: 1,215 Member
    I try to be focused and move with control whether it is cardio or weight training. This allows me to be more connected with my body and I feel more satisfied with the work outs and I've noticed I burn more calories too. When I am doing a plank, or a yoga pose I imagine I am a tree or a mountain and my core is is solid as those things. When I am doing cardio, whatever moves I am doing I try to get so focus that I imagine I am that cardio move itself. And that everything about the way I move is perfect and that I have the endurance to go on for a long time. When I lift I imagine I am a bear or tiger and I have some of their power. This is just a few examples of some of the imagery I use. Anyway, I used to move mindlessly or I used to think about others when I worked out but I noticed it's all a distraction. The work outs should be about strengthening the body/mind connection, increasing your cardio-respiratory fitness, posture, structure, muscles etc.
  • geraldaltman
    geraldaltman Posts: 1,739 Member
    The end of the pool. The next lap (walk or swim I alternate). The 42nd and final minute. I am extremely near sighted and when I don't have ear plugs in pool, I use hearing aids. So, basically in the pool I am blind and deaf. It's pretty easy for me to focus. LOL.
  • mz_getskinny
    mz_getskinny Posts: 258 Member
    Yep. It's confirmed! I think about absolutely nothing when I'm at the gym! And that's probably the only time during my day where that happens!
  • MITCHBBR
    MITCHBBR Posts: 1 Member
    "If Britney can make it through 2007, I can make it through this workout." Terrible but true! Lol