All about fitbits...

13»

Replies

• elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    edited April 2015
    My flex is pretty accurate with the step count.

There is really only one activity that it counts steps for when I am not actually walking, but I don't expect many here will be doing. My flex seems to think I am walking when I am doing compressions for cpr. Not sure how it gets the calculation though because the step number it registers is no where near the rate of the compressions (it's about 1/4-1/3). Not too concerned about it though. I just go back and manually log 0 calories for that time span. I'd imagine there are other activities it might accidently count with similar motion, so just be aware of that.

Other than that, it's been really consistent.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    23susu23 wrote: »
    I don't wear in the shower or pool. There is some conflicting info on that with some people having failures with it. I personally don't want to chance it.

I wear mine in the pool. 3 x a week I swim laps for an hour and go right into a water aerobics class. I have been doing this for the year that I have had my fitbit and have not had any issues with it. I do take it off and charge it in the evening after my pool workouts. It gives me a chance to dry it off, just in case some water got into the band. The only issue is that it doesn't count steps for swimming and I don't get every step taken in the water aerobics class because of the buoyancy of the water. I log those as separate workouts anyway so, in the end, it doesn't matter.

• StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    All the Fitbit models have the social/challenge option. Note: the actual challenges are a phone app option.
  • RolemodelmomT
    RolemodelmomT Posts: 107 Member
    All the Fitbit models have the social/challenge option. Note: the actual challenges are a phone app option.

Perfect! Thank you :)
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    edited April 2015
    epawelek wrote: »
    @Hearts_2015

@epawelek
    Do not swim with a fitbit.
    Thanks!! :)
    earlnabby wrote: »
    epawelek wrote: »
    @Hearts_2015

Do not swim with a fitbit.

Except the Flex. That is the only model that is water resistant (to a depth of 10 meters).

@earlnabby Thanks :) Great to know that!
  • kpkitten
    kpkitten Posts: 164 Member
    elphie754 wrote: »
    My flex is pretty accurate with the step count.

There is really only one activity that it counts steps for when I am not actually walking, but I don't expect many here will be doing. My flex seems to think I am walking when I am doing compressions for cpr. Not sure how it gets the calculation though because the step number it registers is no where near the rate of the compressions (it's about 1/4-1/3). Not too concerned about it though. I just go back and manually log 0 calories for that time span. I'd imagine there are other activities it might accidently count with similar motion, so just be aware of that.

Other than that, it's been really consistent.

I think because it measures from your wrist, it thinks jolting movements are steps. I've had the occasional 10 or 20 on a long car journey, and I've heard it counts certain other...wrist movements!