Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

You asked, you got - kind of. MFP Premium

Alatariel75Alatariel75 Posts: 17,806Member Member Posts: 17,806Member Member
Surprised there hasn't been more hoo-hah around the boards about this!

https://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/1935023-how-do-i-upgrade-to-myfitnesspal-premium-

http://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/1935024-what-are-the-features-of-myfitnesspal-premium-

http://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/1940211

Sorry non-US people, you have to wait. But we may as well stop asking for upgrades to the free version - most of what people ask for is being rolled out in the premium one.

Replies

• Sued0nimSued0nim Posts: 17,504Member Member Posts: 17,504Member Member
    LOL

What's the charge
  • Alatariel75Alatariel75 Posts: 17,806Member Member Posts: 17,806Member Member
    Interesting that one of the features is that "Premium support requests are handled as our first priority." Sorry, people who can't access it, you're second class now that we're making $$ ;)
  • hotasfire36hotasfire36 Posts: 263Member Member Posts: 263Member Member
  • Nony_MouseNony_Mouse Posts: 4,606Member Member Posts: 4,606Member Member
    Poop, the ability to customise calories by day was something I really wanted, but no way am I paying for it.
  • maidentlmaidentl Posts: 3,231Member Member Posts: 3,231Member Member
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    LOL

What's the charge

$7.99/mo and I think it was $49.99/year
    *Puts on tinfoil hat* What if the forum 'upgrade' (which was really a downgrade) was to make people fed up with the free site and hungry for this release?

537.gif
    Hey you can't blame them ...it's a market economy

However I'm not interested in it and particularly disinterested in the site analysing my food choices
    *Puts on tinfoil hat* What if the forum 'upgrade' (which was really a downgrade) was to make people fed up with the free site and hungry for this release?

537.gif

That is a most excellent gif :D.
  • cdh2015cdh2015 Posts: 58Member Member Posts: 58Member Member
    No way I'd pay to access a website; no matter how improved it got. Just here to enter my calories and talk to my friends. If people got 50 bucks a year to blow on this site, more power to em.
    cdh2015 wrote: »
    No way I'd pay to access a website; no matter how improved it got. Just here to enter my calories and talk to my friends. If people got 50 bucks a year to blow on this site, more power to em.

Consumer choice *shrugs*
    cdh2015 wrote: »

I'd probably pay, I spent WAY more on Weight Watchers, which isn't much different. But being an Aussie, it looks like I won't get the chance for a while, and I see things on the 'free' side languishing pretty badly while they roll out the premium version.
    edited April 2015

However I'm not interested in it and particularly disinterested in the site analysing my food choices

Yep, it's bad enough that it screams at you in red for going a single kilojoule over your daily allowance, now it wants to tell me which foods are 'worst' for me?? Guess they missed the memo that there's no such thing as bad food.
  • cdh2015cdh2015 Posts: 58Member Member Posts: 58Member Member
    Yep. Comcast already takes hundreds of bucks from me and my wife every month. Wouldn't have extra money even if I wanted it.
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »

Yep, it's bad enough that it screams at you in red for going a single kilojoule over your daily allowance, now it wants to tell me which foods are 'worst' for me?? Guess they missed the memo that there's no such thing as bad food.

I wonder if you have to pay extra for your computer to go into red alert mode if you eat white bread or sugar...
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguageSarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,688Member Member Posts: 2,688Member Member
    Not surprised. I knew when Under Armor purchased the site that it wouldn't be long before they thought up ways to charge.
    I hope they realise that the expectations of a paid-for service will be far higher than a few pop-ups in food logging ...you know the glitches, database inaccuracies, abysmal basic lack of spam filters, issues with platforms, inaccurate reports, difference in site/app reports etc
    I hope they realise that the expectations of a paid-for service will be far higher than a few pop-ups in food logging ...you know the glitches, database inaccuracies, abysmal basic lack of spam filters, issues with platforms, inaccurate reports, difference in site/app reports etc

That's always been one of my massive scepticisms with them going premium, this website has actually gotten WORSE in the 2.5 years I've been a member. Even right now, the newsfeeds are down. They're going to need to be a hell of a lot more on it before I hand over my credit card details.
  • Mr_KnightMr_Knight Posts: 9,551Member Member Posts: 9,551Member Member
    There are a lot of problems with MFP right now, in its free state. If paying fixes the problems, then its like any other consumer decision - it's either worth it to you or its not.

Personally I'm not paying for **** until the database is cleaned up, here or anywhere else.
  • cosmo_momocosmo_momo Posts: 173Member Member Posts: 173Member Member
    Not surprised that they are doing this. As long as what I have now doesn't change, I won't be paying/switching to another platform. I would actually never pay for this...and I think a majority of other users wouldn't either.
  • CherokeeBabeCherokeeBabe Posts: 1,722Member Member Posts: 1,722Member Member
    I can see some of these options being useful for die-hard clean eaters, people recovering from EDs and possibly people doing very strict micro-nutrient tracking for competitions or very specific fitness goals. Not sure if this is really going to be useful for the 'average user', but correct me if I'm wrong. I've lost weight, maintained, etc just fine with the current features. Ads are a non-issue for me as well personally, I use Ad-Block and haven't seen an Ad in years.