Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

You asked, you got - kind of. MFP Premium

Replies

• zyxstzyxst Posts: 9,145Member Member Posts: 9,145Member Member
    jimmmer wrote: »
    alexelmer wrote: »
    Funny that people are willing to spend extra $$ on clothes, makeup, home accessories - but when it comes to your health NO WAYYY!

My makeup budget has blown up recently. No way I can afford the app and this small mountain of mascara...

If you didn't wear so much while at the gym...
    tammy-faye-3.jpg
  • EvgeniZyntxEvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,424Member Member Posts: 24,424Member Member
    Gah, I'd pay not to have those messages. Ffs, I don't need a program second guessing my food choices.
    Welcome to Neurotics, Inc where the program will drive more users bananas.

Seriously, someone with minor phobias is going to trigger to the moon with that ish.
  • MireyGal76MireyGal76 Posts: 7,420Member Member Posts: 7,420Member Member
    I'm perfectly content with the buggy free version. I won't be interested in the new tweaks.
  • almondbutterbayalmondbutterbay Posts: 221Member Member Posts: 221Member Member
    Seriously, someone with minor phobias is going to trigger to the moon with that ish.

Yeah or people who used to have eating disorders. As someone who used to have an eating disorder, I don't need a website making me feel bad about my choices.
  • jimmmerjimmmer Posts: 3,535Member Member Posts: 3,535Member Member
    zyxst wrote: »
    jimmmer wrote: »
    Funny that people are willing to spend extra $$ on clothes, makeup, home accessories - but when it comes to your health NO WAYYY!

My makeup budget has blown up recently. No way I can afford the app and this small mountain of mascara...

If you didn't wear so much while at the gym...
    tammy-faye-3.jpg

Why is the scary lady staring at me, Mummy?
  • Sued0nimSued0nim Posts: 17,504Member Member Posts: 17,504Member Member
    MrM27 wrote: »

MFP isn't a necessity, clothes is.

Clothes isn't

Shoes on the other hand ...verrrryyy impo'tant
  • Noelv1976Noelv1976 Posts: 18,973Member Member Posts: 18,973Member Member
    STOP IT!! HERE! TAKE MY MONEY!
  • MireyGal76MireyGal76 Posts: 7,420Member Member Posts: 7,420Member Member
    The price is ridiculous. This site has a million users? Make it a $10 a year, and more would bite. Make the premium version ridiculously better, and then after a year or two bump it to $20 a YEAR. They'd probably rake in the dough and all the people who got duped into the $10 will feel like they have to do $20, cuz they can't live without it now.
  • besarobesaro Posts: 1,873Member Member Posts: 1,873Member Member
    my question is will the premium members be able to mingle with them er, uh, less premium folks or will there be a large fence.
  • TR0bertsTR0berts Posts: 7,785Member Member Posts: 7,785Member Member
  • jimmmerjimmmer Posts: 3,535Member Member Posts: 3,535Member Member
    besaro wrote: »
    my question is will the premium members be able to mingle with them er, uh, less premium folks or will there be a large fence.

We'll be like a hive of scum and villainy, or something...
  • TheVirgoddessTheVirgoddess Posts: 4,588Member Member Posts: 4,588Member Member
    MireyGal76 wrote: »
    The price is ridiculous. This site has a million users? Make it a $10 a year, and more would bite. Make the premium version ridiculously better, and then after a year or two bump it to $20 a YEAR. They'd probably rake in the dough and all the people who got duped into the $10 will feel like they have to do $20, cuz they can't live without it now.

This.

I was interested, too. Until I heard the price.
  • auddiiauddii Posts: 15,410Member Member Posts: 15,410Member Member
    besaro wrote: »

There are already a few who I'm guessing were contacted to beta test it. They have "premium member" instead of "member" under their post count, but they still can post in the forums.

Also, that is likely why randomly the post count and member info disappeared and duplicated for a while...
  • marvybellsmarvybells Posts: 1,984Member Member Posts: 1,984Member Member
    The app also has a coaching program for $49/month. You can pay them to babysit and praise you.
    Screenshot_2015-01-14-21-48-57.png

NO.

I would never want that. ever. So glad that costs extra and I won't have to pay to get rid of it.
    edited April 2015
  • Mr_KnightMr_Knight Posts: 9,551Member Member Posts: 9,551Member Member
    Forget the MFP subscription. Put that money into savings. $8/month for 10 years = $1400 (after compounding interest).

If I'm still having to log my food 10 years from now, I don't deserve any savings.
  • EvanKeelEvanKeel Posts: 1,929Member Member Posts: 1,929Member Member
    I'd be far more willing to pay for ad-free listening on internet radio than ad-free web experience...unless the ads were particularly invasive somehow. Though, I'd probably just stop using the site/app if that were the case.

While I would like a cleaner database, I highly doubt there's anything they'd be able to do it that would be awesome enough for me to want to pay for it. For me, a large part of the draw for MFP was the fact that it was free; again I can deal with ads. The other premium features just come across as an attempt by a bad saleperson to try and sell me something I don't want. I'm sure people have asked for them, but I stand by my perception.

Besides, MFP does not want me as a paying customer. Once I fork over money for something, I'm a pain if I don't feel like I'm getting value for my money. If I'm having to put up with minor inconveniences and ads for free, then everyone is happier.
  • minizebuminizebu Posts: 2,478Member Member Posts: 2,478Member Member
    MrM27 wrote: »
    For those that aren't aware, here is how you can set your macros by gram:

http://karoshiethos.com/2013/08/13/javascript-bookmarklet-for-enhanced-macro-goals-in-myfitnesspal/

Nope. This does not work anymore if they have rolled out the premium offer to you. I had been happily using karoshiethos's bookmarklet for over a year, but yesterday I was prompted to switch to the premium online service (I have not switched), and this morning when I went to update my macros by the gram, the bookmarklet was no longer functional.

I am bummed, but I will just work around it by getting my numbers to the closest 5% and then writing down my actual gram by gram goals in my food diary notes. It's not a perfect work around, but it is better than paying $39.99/year. (I am not sure why everyone keeps quoting $50. That's not what I was offered for the online premium service.)

Screen shots (premium features identified by lock icons):

a1v6i5ileaym.png

qzpm2o101qtt.png

qnr3a5zfoud0.png

atmbj2pnn2no.png

• sofaking6sofaking6 Posts: 4,606Member Member Posts: 4,606Member Member
    I might pay to have the Ignore User feature back, but I can't think of anything else worth money.