Myfitnesspal

Message Boards MFP Suggestions/Feedback
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

You asked, you got - kind of. MFP Premium

Replies

• RodaRoseRodaRose Member Posts: 9,574 Member Member Posts: 9,574 Member
    Check marks are good and asterisks are out?
  • Alatariel75Alatariel75 Member Posts: 17,638 Member Member Posts: 17,638 Member
    RodaRose wrote: »
    Check marks are good and asterisks are out?

On the app, I think, the asterisks are still there on the web version for me. On the app I get ticks now, with the updated but not paid version.
  • MelodyandBarbellsMelodyandBarbells Member Posts: 7,250 Member Member Posts: 7,250 Member
    I have the opposite reaction. The verified food appears to mean that MFP has officially verified it and users cannot change it. I'm not sure I fully understand why they would take away the asterisk though. Seems we could have both!
  • nikkib0103nikkib0103 Member Posts: 965 Member Member Posts: 965 Member
    I personally think the free version is good enough for my needs. I am not feeling inclined to pay a monthly fee for stuff I don't really need. I ignore any ads anyway. I like my friends here and my group. As long as I can still interact with them and read the forums I am good to go. I am having good success as is and don't think the added features will make that much difference for me. We'll see.
  • CALIECATCALIECAT Member Posts: 12,620 Member Member Posts: 12,620 Member
    nikkib0103 wrote: »
    I personally think the free version is good enough for my needs. I am not feeling inclined to pay a monthly fee for stuff I don't really need. I ignore any ads anyway. I like my friends here and my group. As long as I can still interact with them and read the forums I am good to go. I am having good success as is and don't think the added features will make that much difference for me. We'll see.

I second what your said nkikkibo as long there is a free version I am for it
  • isulo_kuraisulo_kura Member Posts: 835 Member Member Posts: 835 Member
    I wonder if they've fixed the recipe builder on the Premium version? ;-)
  • lisafrancis888lisafrancis888 Member Posts: 119 Member Member Posts: 119 Member
    They have a glitch on iOS that tells me to eat less than 1200 calories a day which goes against everything they say, are they taking my money, Hell No.
  • MelodyandBarbellsMelodyandBarbells Member Posts: 7,250 Member Member Posts: 7,250 Member
    isulo_kura wrote: »
    I wonder if they've fixed the recipe builder on the Premium version? ;-)

I just learned there's an option to disable "bulk import" of ingredients on the Android update, so now you can actually just search and or scan your ingredients as you go.

Search in "My Recipes and Foods" tab may or may not be back yet. But from what I've been reading, I don't know that a lot of Android users have put in Help desk tickets for this issue. It really should be fixed. It works on the iOS app
    They have a glitch on iOS that tells me to eat less than 1200 calories a day which goes against everything they say, are they taking my money, Hell No.
    That glitch has been fixed since the last one or two updates, and I don't even have the premium release yet. I suspect you're not running the latest version. I'm on release 5.13

• snikkinssnikkins Member Posts: 1,282 Member Member Posts: 1,282 Member
    I'm getting the feeling that most of people willing to pay for the premium service are going to be newbies, since they have quite a bit to prove to the rest of us in terms of quality before we fork over any money!
    edited April 2015
  • j75j75j75j75 Member Posts: 860 Member Member Posts: 860 Member
    Yeah...not paying for upgrades lol
  • HappyTrails7HappyTrails7 Member Posts: 878 Member Member Posts: 878 Member
    Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't the MFP users build a majority of the food database? It would be a strange twist of fate, if now, those same users have to pay to access this information.
  • LourdesongLourdesong Member, Premium Posts: 1,492 Member Member, Premium Posts: 1,492 Member
    snikkins wrote: »
    I'm getting the feeling that most of people willing to pay for the premium service are going to be newbies, since they have quite a bit to prove to the rest of us in terms of quality before we fork over any money!

Yeah, I suspect this premium service is mainly for newbies. Like a gym membership, the profit is made on the people who don't use their membership and are too lazy to cancel.
    How many people sign up for MFP after turning over a new leaf, eager to embark on their fitness journey, only to never be heard from again after 2 weeks? I bet it is those people that this "subscription" service is really geared towards.
    I think it is actually a thing to learn how businesses can profit off of consumer laziness in business school, isn't it?
    edited April 2015
    Lourdesong wrote: »

Yeah, I suspect this premium service is mainly for newbies. Like a gym membership, the profit is made on the people who don't use their membership and are too lazy to cancel.
    How many people sign up for MFP after turning over a new leaf, eager to embark on their fitness journey, only to never be heard from again after 2 weeks? I bet it is those people that this "subscription" service is really geared towards.
    I think it is actually a thing to learn how businesses can profit off of consumer laziness in business school, isn't it?

damn. After years of exercising consistently I'm in this category right now because I signed up for a second gym membership that's a half mile from my home for "convenience." I haven't gone once
  • MsJulesReneeMsJulesRenee Member Posts: 1,203 Member Member Posts: 1,203 Member
    Not paying for anything until we have a FAVORITES section on the food diary...is it that hard to add? And why would I pay for an App that is already buggy? My macros are not even the same on my app vs. the site. :D They are cray cray!!
    edited April 2015
  • JPW1990JPW1990 Member Posts: 2,427 Member Member Posts: 2,427 Member
    CurvyToFit wrote: »
    Not paying for anything until we have a FAVORITES section on the food diary...is it that hard to add? And why would I pay for an App that is already buggy? My macros are not even the same on my app vs. the site. :D They are cray cray!!

I'd settle for being able to delete that thing I bought to try and hated and will never eat again, but it's in my Recent Foods list for the next 4 months.
  • LourdesongLourdesong Member, Premium Posts: 1,492 Member Member, Premium Posts: 1,492 Member
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    CurvyToFit wrote: »

I'd settle for being able to delete that thing I bought to try and hated and will never eat again, but it's in my Recent Foods list for the next 4 months.
    Delete it from your diary on the days you entered it. It will disappear from your recent list.

JaneiR36 wrote: »
    Lourdesong wrote: »

damn. After years of exercising consistently I'm in this category right now because I signed up for a second gym membership that's a half mile from my home for "convenience." I haven't gone once

I got out of a gym membership without penalty cuz we moved an hour out of the city, but they certainly did what they could to make canceling a time-consuming pain. I haven't gotten another gym membership since.

• MsJulesReneeMsJulesRenee Member Posts: 1,203 Member Member Posts: 1,203 Member
    I got out of a gym membership without penalty cuz we moved an hour out of the city, but they certainly did what they could to make canceling a time-consuming pain. I haven't gotten another gym membership since.

Charter fitness is good with cancelling fees - none actually. Not a great gym but it did the job. Plus its only $10 to start, some have free wifi, some dont.
    edited April 2015
  • BoogageBoogage Member Posts: 742 Member Member Posts: 742 Member
    This is sad news. I won't be paying.
    edited April 2015
This discussion has been closed.