• zyxstzyxst Posts: 9,145Member Member Posts: 9,145Member Member
    WNYEj9G.gif

All I ever see you post is this.

And it's always relevant.
    pccb4pwlkdaf.gif
  • jimmmerjimmmer Posts: 3,535Member Member Posts: 3,535Member Member
    jimmmer wrote: »
    If they eventually cripple the free version more and more, what other halfway competent free tools/apps/sites would people consider jumping to?

I see sparkpeople has already been mentioned - any others? I've never used anything other than MFP.
    I'd probably go back to Fat Secret. I'd miss the MFP forums but at least I'd be able to organize my recipe box and enter more than one serving size (some people do love their cups)
    Out of curiosity, what made you leave FatSecret? Couldn't have been half-bad if you're even considering it as a return option...
    I couldn't get the app on my old iPod touch because I couldn't upgrade to the OS I needed. I have my G3 now so it wouldn't be an issue.

Gotcha.

Thanks for taking the time to reply! :smiley:
  • wizzybethwizzybeth Posts: 3,532Member Member Posts: 3,532Member Member
    alexelmer wrote: »
    Funny that people are willing to spend extra $$ on clothes, makeup, home accessories - but when it comes to your health NO WAYYY!

It all comes down to a question of value. What the app is offering in terms of "bang for you buck" for a $50 price tag is pretty much...nil. It is not worth $50. Ad free? Please. The database is questionable. Dashboard? Don't need it. "Exclusive content?" Pshaw. Not necessary. I don't care about Food Analysis either.

And for the record I personally do NOT spend extra $$ on clothes - I wear my clothes till they are unwearable (literally...I don't even like to put them in Salvation Army! I feel GUILTY!), I buy at Salvation Army, other thrift stores, or off the clearance rack. I can't remember the last time I paid regular price for ANY article of clothing except socks and underwear because they rarely if ever go on sale.

Much of my make up is 2-5 years old. I finally threw out some stuff that I've had for 20 years. I rarely if ever wear make up.

I get rid of more home accessories than I bring in. Honest.

My two most recent investments: a new upgraded food scale and a new bathroom scale. Two years ago I spent $575 dollars on a new bicycle, and I pay a monthly membership fee to the gym to go workout. I do invest quite a bit, as a matter of fact, into my health. :tongue:

edited April 2015
  • chivalryderchivalryder Posts: 4,430Member Member Posts: 4,430Member Member
    Funny that people are willing to spend extra $$ on clothes, makeup, home accessories - but when it comes to your health NO WAYYY!

original.jpg

ETA: Clothes come from a thrift store in a rich part of the city. An entire outfit will cost me less than $30, where all original clothes were well over $200 when new.

Home accessories? The most expensive thing in my home is my computer I built myself. It was $500 new. I recently upgraded the main component when the IT guy at work upgraded his computer. I got motherboard, CPU, and RAM for $50.

Next most expensive thing is my mattress, which was $350, and I'm getting an older memory foam mattress pad for free from my parents, who just bought new mattresses.

I get my Netflix subscription (which, funny enough, is the same cost as MFP. So much more value for dollar) from my brother, so that's free as well.

My phone? HTC One M7 I got less than a year old for $100. It's a $700 phone.

Phone plan? $35/month.

Internet? $40/month.

Compare all that to MFP for $8/month. The cost of MFP is a joke.
    edited April 2015
  • QskimQskim Posts: 1,148Member Member Posts: 1,148Member Member

Photo? Is that a Curly coat retriever? Murray River?

• EvgeniZyntxEvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,424Member Member Posts: 24,424Member Member

Oh. Look. False dichotomy.
  • ndj1979ndj1979 Posts: 29,021Member Member Posts: 29,021Member Member

I don't see how MFP premium is going to improve my health ….

I mean I got this far with just regular old MFP ….

My makeup budget has blown up recently. No way I can afford the app and this small mountain of mascara...
  • CooCooPuffCooCooPuff Posts: 4,374Member Member Posts: 4,374Member Member
    If they eventually cripple the free version more and more, what other halfway competent free tools/apps/sites would people consider jumping to?

I see sparkpeople has already been mentioned - any others? I've never used anything other than MFP.
    I'd probably go back to Fat Secret. I'd miss the MFP forums but at least I'd be able to organize my recipe box and enter more than one serving size (some people do love their cups)
    Out of curiosity, what made you leave FatSecret? Couldn't have been half-bad if you're even considering it as a return option...
    I couldn't get the app on my old iPod touch because I couldn't upgrade to the OS I needed. I have my G3 now so it wouldn't be an issue.
    Gotcha.

NP. :wink:

I never even bothered trying to log sleep, driving, and all that. I don't believe you can customize your macros and calorie goal, which sucks but is something I can deal with if it comes to that.

• The_GingerBeard_ManThe_GingerBeard_Man Posts: 200Member Member Posts: 200Member Member
    You guys realize that site is fake, right? They have the copyrighted images wrong and there are no underarmor logos anywhere.

Gotcha.

NP. :wink:

I never even bothered trying to log sleep, driving, and all that. I don't believe you can customize your macros and calorie goal, which sucks but is something I can deal with if it comes to that.

Ah. No macro/calorie customisation... bummer!
  • fallenoaks4fallenoaks4 Posts: 63Member Member Posts: 63Member Member
    The app also has a coaching program for $49/month. You can pay them to babysit and praise you.
    edited April 2015
  • ndj1979ndj1979 Posts: 29,021Member Member Posts: 29,021Member Member
    You guys realize that site is fake, right? They have the copyrighted images wrong and there are no underarmor logos anywhere.

ummm you do realize that when you log into your MFP account, click "help", and go to the help desk that there is a section on MFP premium, right?

so not sure where you are getting it is fake from….
  • DemoraFairyDemoraFairy Posts: 1,815Member Member Posts: 1,815Member Member

What, https://myfitnesspal.desk.com/? Yeah, as ndj1979 said, click Help at the top next to your usename and it goes there.

It's MFP's helpsite. It's provided by a third party vendor (desk.com). Probably hasn't been updated yet to reflect the corporate changes.

It's real, I'm afraid...
  • SLLRunnerSLLRunner Posts: 12,948Member Member Posts: 12,948Member Member
    Interesting. The paid version has a lot more perks. I like where you can have different calories limits for different days, ad free, and other things. I'm the type who would try it for a month and see how it is.
  • rileysownerrileysowner Posts: 7,847Member Member Posts: 7,847Member Member
    Surprised there hasn't been more hoo-hah around the boards about this!

https://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/1935023-how-do-i-upgrade-to-myfitnesspal-premium-

http://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/1935024-what-are-the-features-of-myfitnesspal-premium-

http://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/1940211

Sorry non-US people, you have to wait. But we may as well stop asking for upgrades to the free version - most of what people ask for is being rolled out in the premium one.

Absolutely no interest in this. In fact none of the features interest me at all.
    edited April 2015
  • CooCooPuffCooCooPuff Posts: 4,374Member Member Posts: 4,374Member Member
    The app also has a coaching program for $49/month. You can pay them to babysit and praise you.
    Screenshot_2015-01-14-21-48-57.png

And I thought the free "insight" the app provides was bad enough.
  • wizzybethwizzybeth Posts: 3,532Member Member Posts: 3,532Member Member
    Screenshot_2015-01-14-21-48-57.png

And I thought the free "insight" the app provides was bad enough.

THAT WOULD DRIVE ME CRAZY
  • belimawrbelimawr Posts: 1,155Member Member Posts: 1,155Member Member
    BinkyBonk wrote: »
    Not surprised. I knew when Under Armor purchased the site that it wouldn't be long before they thought up ways to charge.

Exactly my thought as I started to read about this. It's a commercial venture now.

All the issues I've been having with the app lately that didn't exist before UA... no way am I paying. If it were a well behaved app and service, I'd consider. Maybe.