Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

You asked, you got - kind of. MFP Premium

Replies

• MelodyandBarbellsMelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,637Member Member Posts: 7,637Member Member
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    alexelmer wrote: »
    Funny that people are willing to spend extra $$ on clothes, makeup, home accessories - but when it comes to your health NO WAYYY!

I don't see how MFP premium is going to improve my health ….

I mean I got this far with just regular old MFP ….

Haha true. Besides, I spend plenty on health already. To be honest I sure wish I didn't...

• malibu927malibu927 Posts: 17,648Member Member Posts: 17,648Member Member
    The app also has a coaching program for $49/month. You can pay them to babysit and praise you.
    Screenshot_2015-01-14-21-48-57.png

And I thought the free "insight" the app provides was bad enough.

And I thought the messages on iOS were bad enough (just warning when something has a bunch of fat/sugar)
  • SarasmaintainingSarasmaintaining Posts: 1,027Member Member Posts: 1,027Member Member
    I'm here mostly for the forum area-this is one of the only sites out there that actually has a decent sized group of people who are successfully maintaining and I've learned a lot from them. I'll continue to hang out here as long as the forum area stays active, but if people start leaving then I'll just close my account. I'm not currently using the food diary/database etc.
    edited April 2015
  • wizzybethwizzybeth Posts: 3,532Member Member Posts: 3,532Member Member
    If I wanted to make my own "pre-portioned pack" I WOULD. I don't need an app to tell me. LOL No, that's something I'd pay to NOT have! LOL
  • QskimQskim Posts: 1,148Member Member Posts: 1,148Member Member
    Clash of the Calories...
  • janejellyrolljanejellyroll Posts: 20,809Member Member Posts: 20,809Member Member
    wizzybeth wrote: »
    If I wanted to make my own "pre-portioned pack" I WOULD. I don't need an app to tell me. LOL No, that's something I'd pay to NOT have! LOL

It would be like having a nosy and annoying friend critique your choices all day. No thank you.

It would be like having a nosy and annoying friend critique your choices all day. No thank you.

Exactly!
  • Hollywood_PorkyHollywood_Porky Posts: 491Member Member Posts: 491Member Member
    You guys realize that site is fake, right? They have the copyrighted images wrong and there are no underarmor logos anywhere.

ummm you do realize that when you log into your MFP account, click "help", and go to the help desk that there is a section on MFP premium, right?

so not sure where you are getting it is fake from….

I agree.

Also, the site specifically states that the rollout is being done in stages. So even if you are US-based, you may not see the option (which I don't) to upgrade right now. The rollout will be staggard.

Personally, I will upgrade. I think it's harder to maintain weight (or do the right bulking method after cutting) than actually losing. I lost the majority of my weight without MFP or any app. Just did it - ate right. However, I feel like I am more interested in nutrition and macros now that I am hitting my goal weight. The add-ons through Firefox have been mixed at best - if the upgrade fixes it - then for 50 bucks, it's an easy choice to get something more tuned to my needs.

JMHO.
  • ForStMichealForStMicheal Posts: 54Member Member Posts: 54Member Member
    the only thing that seems at all useful is the quick add macros. but that's not worth paying anything extra for
  • auddiiauddii Posts: 15,410Member Member Posts: 15,410Member Member

Isn't the app pretty much taking the stance as the person complaining the in open diary thread that people are eating "processed crap". I ignore the MFP blogs for a reason; inserting that nonsense into my diary is a horrible idea...
  • CooCooPuffCooCooPuff Posts: 4,374Member Member Posts: 4,374Member Member
    Screenshot_2015-01-17-21-10-17.png
    Imagine what it would say if you ordered some higher calorie choices.
    I guess those tips could help a total noob...but they would irritate the heck out of me, they seem patronizing. I can almost hear it call me "Dear..."
  • peachyfuzzlepeachyfuzzle Posts: 1,122Member Member Posts: 1,122Member Member
    Nope. Nope nope NOPE.

There is no way I'd pay for this in its current state. It's a great free tool, and the crashes, bugs, slowness, inaccuracies, and forum design dating back to 1995 are expected. However, there is absolutely ZERO chance of me paying for it in its current state. Honestly, the only thing which interests me at all is the ad free, but that's not worth $50/year to me.

Now, if they fixed the forums in the way that you can look up specific threads, threads you've posted in, specific posts, and also made groups searchable, that might just tempt me enough to purchase. I still feel as though that they should just fix the forums with what they make off of my ad revenue already anyway though. But.. whatever.

Just another money grab, of course... so.. once again:

107097-Lana-Archer-NOPE-gif-Imgur-sNvA.gif
  • janejellyrolljanejellyroll Posts: 20,809Member Member Posts: 20,809Member Member

I can imagine my husband asking me why I had destroyed four phones in a month . . . having to read that all day would make me look for the hammer.
  • DeguelloTexDeguelloTex Posts: 6,658Member Member Posts: 6,658Member Member
    You guys realize that site is fake, right? They have the copyrighted images wrong and there are no underarmor logos anywhere.

ummm you do realize that when you log into your MFP account, click "help", and go to the help desk that there is a section on MFP premium, right?

so not sure where you are getting it is fake from….

I agree.

Also, the site specifically states that the rollout is being done in stages. So even if you are US-based, you may not see the option (which I don't) to upgrade right now. The rollout will be staggard.

Personally, I will upgrade. I think it's harder to maintain weight (or do the right bulking method after cutting) than actually losing. I lost the majority of my weight without MFP or any app. Just did it - ate right. However, I feel like I am more interested in nutrition and macros now that I am hitting my goal weight. The add-ons through Firefox have been mixed at best - if the upgrade fixes it - then for 50 bucks, it's an easy choice to get something more tuned to my needs.

JMHO.
    Well, for 50 bucks a year. For a long as you use the app. That's probably different from 50 bucks.

auddii wrote: »

Isn't the app pretty much taking the stance as the person complaining the in open diary thread that people are eating "processed crap". I ignore the MFP blogs for a reason; inserting that nonsense into my diary is a horrible idea...

I don't know how they are going to craft messages that fit various plans -- we've got people here doing HC, LC, HF, LF, vegan, paleo, gluten-free, trying to gain, etc etc. The messages will have to be based on a specific plan because they can't fit everyone's plans.
  • gothchiqgothchiq Posts: 4,192Member Member Posts: 4,192Member Member
    Not paying. If the free version starts sucking any harder, there are other sites; I'm not in any way committed to this one.
  • PeachyCarolPeachyCarol Posts: 8,040Member Member Posts: 8,040Member Member

I can imagine my husband asking me why I had destroyed four phones in a month . . . having to read that all day would make me look for the hammer.

Yup. Just reading them here is making me feel stabby. I'm pretty sure my left eye is all twitchy right now.

• almondbutterbayalmondbutterbay Posts: 221Member Member Posts: 221Member Member
    gothchiq wrote: »
    Not paying. If the free version starts sucking any harder, there are other sites; I'm not in any way committed to this one.

The only way I'm committed to this one is that I have a few really great friends on here but I guess I could always find another way to contact them - I mean I already email, IM, and snapchat some of them