beer guilt and alkie question ;)

2»

Replies

• auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Wow I just realized I haven't had a drink since fish fry on Good Friday. I haven't even really wanted a drink either. I used to have at least 1 craft beer every night, sometimes 4. I'm saving so much money with this way of eating lol, not getting coffee and a breakfast sandwich every day, bringing my lunch, not buying expensive beer every few days :) total added bonus
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    @Stbarber1, that's what I mean about this way being less expensive. Those little things add up over time.!
  • auntstephie321
    Yeah big time for me I would send five dollars almost every day just on my way to work.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    My daily vice was a large sugar free caramel frappe (I had fooled myself into believing it was okay since it was sugar free). That was $8 with the tip! Don't miss them, at all!
  • auntstephie321
    Omg my mom gets the large sugar free iced coffee, even those are pricey, I told her she can buy that syrup and make it at home probably save enough to buy a Ferrari lol
  • ChaliBahli
    ChaliBahli Posts: 39 Member
    I like crystal light with vodka, but I also have seen Canadian 66 beer is very low carb and then skinny girl coolers :)

Me 2! Glug Glug- and on low carb it def hits harder, alcohol making carb cravings go up so I always make sure I have gluten free back up snack so I don't go hay wire aaaand sometimes there's another Glug Glug in there too...
  • nikoba
    nikoba Posts: 291 Member
    edited April 2015
    My favorite alcohol indulgence is tequila + coconut lacroix + a little bit of margarita/lime crystal light...it's a great margarita substitute. Otherwise I'm a vodka seltzer girl. Or a dirty martini.

This is the start of my second time around on low carb (I unfortunately fell off the wagon a couple years ago...I regret it tremendously)...but when I was on track the first time, I did notice two things when I drank. 1. I'd have a stall and maybe put on a pound or two. And 2. my will power was shaky. Most of the time I'd stick with drunkenly snacking on low carb food, but I'm sure I still went above on calories due to mindlessly eating.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,103 Member
    nikoba wrote: »
    My favorite alcohol indulgence is tequila + coconut lacroix + a little bit of margarita/lime crystal light...it's a great margarita substitute. Otherwise I'm a vodka seltzer girl. Or a dirty martini.

This is the start of my second time around on low carb (I unfortunately fell off the wagon a couple years ago...I regret it tremendously)...but when I was on track the first time, I did notice two things when I drank. 1. I'd have a stall and maybe put on a pound or two. And 2. my will power was shaky. Most of the time I'd stick with drunkenly snacking on low carb food, but I'm sure I still went above on calories due to mindlessly eating.

The body sees alcohol as a poison and processes it first. Then it works on carbs, etc. So the delay makes sense for a stall. And for every drink you have, you should have an extra glass of water. Alcohol dehydrates you on top of everything else.

Willpower is finite and inconsistent. I don't depend on it. I depend on determination. Acting like I've already succeeded makes it easier to succeed for some reason. I don't know why it works...
  • Fvaisey
    Fvaisey Posts: 5,506 Member
    Fireball whisky on the rocks.
  • shai74
    shai74 Posts: 512 Member
    None what so ever.... No impact which is why I drink none. Sorry but " stressful week" is just a cop out. These words come from a very long term alcoholic.

Nothing worse than a reformed anything. My Dad is particularly bad with the cigarettes. He used to smoke 2 packets a day, now if he sees someone having a cigarette he carries on like they've murdered someone.

If you like a couple of drinks at the end of the week - alot of people who are NOT alcoholics do - then you could try red wine. I like a couple of glasses of red ON OCCASION and it has never thrown me out of Keto or caused any issues. If it was more than a couple, or every day, then it would be a problem I'm sure.