Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,273 Member
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday!

We have 29 (C) sunny degrees (feels like 33) with an expected partly cloudy high of 34 and 15% chance of precipitation.

I need to get out for cat food and groceries today or tomorrow. Hopefully today.

———————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,354 Member
    good morning all
    Irene, it's good to treat yourself sometimes. I'm having a hard time getting my weight under control too.
    I'm at the top of my range, can't seem to exercise or starve it off! We all keep working on it!
    Hi Ed and Jo. Another hot one today.
    Back from my walk. It's currently 77F,25C. Sunny to partly cloudy. Hot. High 96F, 36C. Winds W at 5 to 10 mph.
    Wishing all a relaxing Sunday. Stay cool. 🌤️🌼🌻🕊️😎
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday!

We have 27 (C) sunny degrees (Feels like 30) with an expected cloudy high of 35 and 46% chance of precipitation.

I did get out yesterday for the cat food and some groceries but need to get out to Kroger today for a few things.

Other than that sounds like a good day to stay inside.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,109 Member
    Good morning;
    Currently 80F with a high of 90F. We had a few rain showers yesterday.
    I am going to the farmer's market in a little while.
    Vix-glad your procedure went well.
    Irene-Sounds like you had a good time shopping.
    Ed-I agree about it being a good day to stay inside.
    Enjoy your day! :)
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous Monday!

We have 24 (C) clear degrees with an expected cloudy high of 35 and 47% chance of precipitation.

Another good day to stay indoors.

Documentation to write for work.

• eku0
    good morning all
    Thanks, Jo. Farmers market sounds like fun.
    Ed, agree, stay indoors, keep cool.
    Hi Irene.
    Back from my walk. It's currently 77F, 25C and cloudy. Sunshine and clouds mixed. A stray shower or thunderstorm is possible. High 97F, 36C. 🥵Winds W at 5 to 10 mph.
    We visited with my son and family yesterday. Baby Maddie is now crawling and getting around really well, so energetic! And her 2 bottom front teeth are starting to show! 🥰💗
    Our housecleaner is coming today, and I may go to the library later. That's about it.
    Wishing all a bright shiny new week. Stay cool. 🌤️🌟🌻🌼🕊️😎
  • parityanimal
    SCAM OF THE WEEK:
    Healthcare Hijinks

In this week’s scam, cybercriminals are tricking healthcare workers into stealing their user credentials. Then, they use those credentials to redirect money from medical insurance payments into their own bank accounts. Healthcare organizations are frequent targets for cybercriminals because they have access to large amounts of data and personal information.

In some cases, the hackers gain access to a user’s email account by stealing their credentials through phishing emails. At other times, they call the organization’s IT help desk and use social engineering to pretend to be an employee who needs help with accessing their account. Then, they can reset the password and gain access to an organization’s financial systems. Once they have accessed the systems, they can reroute insurance payments into their own bank accounts.

Follow these tips to avoid falling victim to a social engineering scam:

Enable multi-factor authentication (MFA) for your accounts. This extra layer of security will make your accounts more difficult to access if your user credentials are stolen.
    Be cautious of unexpected emails. Do not click on links or provide personal information without verifying that the email is legitimate.

This particular scam targets the healthcare industry, but remember that similar tactics could be used to target any organization. Any unexpected phone calls or emails should be treated with caution.

The KnowBe4 Security Team

KnowBe4 dot com

Stop, Look, and Think. Don't be fooled.
  • Joanne3366
    Good morning;
    Currently 87F with a high of 91F, another hot day.
    I ran a few errands this morning and will go to the library this afternoon.
    Have a great day and stay cool. :)
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday!

We have 23 (C) sunny degrees with an expected mostly sunny high of 33 and 24% chance of precipitation.

We have an electrician coming early this morning (we hope early) to check on one circuit that is popping when a light switch is turned on, and I have a follow-up with the periodontist at lunchtime or so.

Should be an interesting (and probably expensive) day.

• eku0
    good morning all
    Irene, lots of pool days.
    Jo, I also went to the library yesterday. I'm reading Joan Didion's book "The Year of Magical Thinking" , it's sad and reflective, and I wanted something to break up that mood. Stopped at TJMaxx and wandered a bit.
    Ed, again, hotter here. 🥵 Pete has an electric car. Every little bit helps. Do you think the deniers will ever open/change their minds?
    We did have some windy rain yesterday evening which felt good in all this heat. It's currently 87F , 31C. Sunny to partly cloudy. A stray shower or thunderstorm is possible. High 98F, 37C. Winds SW at 10 to 15 mph. There's a heat watch and wind advisory for later.
    I have a clay session this afternoon, stained glass was cancelled for the day. So, busy enough.
    Wishing all a fine Tuesday, stay cool. 🌤️🌻🌼🕊️😎🌂
  • Joanne3366
    Good afternoon;
    Another hot one today, 93F.
    I tried to sit on the deck to read, but it was just too hot.
    Vix-Did you have to put in a special outlet to charge the car?
    Ed-good luck with the periodontist and the electrician.
    Irene-good day to be in the pool.
    Have a good afternoon and stay hydrated. :)
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday!

We have 23 (C) fair degrees with an expected partly cloudy high of 33 and 43% chance of precipitation that could include thundershowers.

The electrical problem turned out to just be a bad switch that we could have easily replaced ourselves, but the way it was popping made it sound like the sound was coming from further along on the circuit. That was an expensive light switch replacement but better safe than sorry.

My periodontist said everything looks good and I'll see him in a few weeks for cleaning and further discussion of having additional grafting done, on the bottom teeth next time.

Breakfast was maple brown sugar oatmeal with sausage links on the side.

Dishwasher is running now.

• eku0
    Good morning all
    Jo, yes, we have a special electrical line with a charging station for Pete's car in the garage. It was too hot to sit outside for more than a few minutes. 🥵
    Hi Irene.
    Ed, glad all went well with the electrician and perio. It is better to be safe.
    Spent some time yesterday working on recycling used clay and didn't do much else, repaired a birdhouse I had started, and hopefully it will be ready to fire next time. We had some t-storms last night.
    It's currently 76F, 24C. Mostly sunny early, then thunderstorms developing this afternoon. Potential for severe thunderstorms. High 93F, 34C. Winds WSW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 80%.
    I have a cardiologist appt this morning. A yearly check. I will water my daughter's plants later. No other plans.
    Wishing all a happy 🐪day. Stay cool. 🌤️🌂🌻🌼🕊️😎
  • Joanne3366
    Good afternoon;
    Currently 92F. I sat outside for a while reading. There was a slight breeze.
    Ed-glad the electrical problem was minor and your perio appt. good.
    Vix-good luck with your cardiologist appt.
    Hi Irene.
    Today I am doing laundry and I had a short nap in my chair while trying to read. ;)
    Enjoy your afternoon. :)
  • parityanimal
    edited July 18
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday!

We have 23 (C) sunny degrees with an expected partly cloudy high of 31 and 44 % chance of precipitation that could include thundershowers.

I was feeling a little creative last night so made a vegan Thai style potato and chickpea yellow curry stew that was pretty tasty. Jason had his over some rice, but I just ate mine as a stew, feeling that the potatoes were enough carbohydrates for me. I had minced onion in it for flavor, but it might have been nice with larger chunks. Maybe next time. There is a soup plate of the stew, over rice, left over for Jason's lunch today. He was a bit surprised to see what was for dinner as I haven't been feeling terribly creative, food-wise, for a while, but I think he enjoyed it.

More documentation and testing on the work front.

• eku0
    edited July 18
    good morning all
    Jo, I'd fall asleep sitting out in the heat too. I have been going out for a few minutes in the heat.
    Ed, we had storms again last night. Your curry sounds delicious.
    Irene, hope all is well.
    My cardiologist visit was fine. I'll go back for a follow up in 3 months, just checking.
    It's currently 74F, 23C. A shower is possible early. Partly cloudy skies this morning will become overcast during the afternoon. High 86F, 30C.. Winds N at 5 to 10 mph.
    I'm back from my walk, and will get the rest of my exercise done in a little while. Glad it's a little cooler today.
    Wishing all a pleasant Thursday. 🌼🌻🌥️🌂🕊️
  • Joanne3366
    Good afternoon;
    Currently 84F and a lot less humid.
    Vix-glad the cardiologist visit went well. We had some rain last night.
    Hi Ed and Irene.
    My neighbor across the street is selling his house. They have a house in Florida and decided
    to live there. They have been neighbor's for almost 40 years and will be missed.
    Enjoy your day! :)
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's fabulous Friday!

We have 23 (C) mostly cloudy degrees with an expected partly cloudy high of only 28 and 73% chance of precipitation that could include thundershowers.

We had a little thunder yesterday and a very brief power outage. It did not disrupt the work day much.

Biscuits and sausage gravy for breakfast. The dishwasher is running now.

• eku0
    Good morning all
    Jo, sorry you will be missing your neighbors. 40 years is a long time. Some people like the heat.
    Ed, it's good when power outages don't last too long. We get blips once in a while.
    Irene, more great pool weather.
    We went to Sierra yesterday. Pete needed and bought some shorts. Unexpectedly, I found a couple of pairs of pants on clearance. One of them is great for the hot weather. 😊 Love a good bargain.
    It's currently 72F, 22C. Partly cloudy. High 86F, 30C. Winds light and variable. So glad it's a little cooler.
    I have an acupuncture appt this morning, that's about it.
    Wishing all an easy Friday! 🌻🌼🌤️😎🕊️
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,159 Member
    hi everyone