Replies

• IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,159 Member
    Jo
    Sam is adorable
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,273 Member
    edited July 27
    You may now be astonished. I did TWO loads of laundry today and they are both folded and put away. Dinah helped.

———————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,354 Member
    edited July 27
    good morning
    Irene, I agree, very cute cat.
    Hi Jo.
    Ed, yes! Astonishing! 😂😂😂 I love the name Dinah. Always reminds me of Dinah Shore, you may not be old enough to remember her. I think my Dad met her when he was in Atlanta, and then they remained friends in New York. She was a singer, and always had the biggest smile.
    I did laundry yesterday too, all our vacation wear and towels. It was good to get away for a few days.
    It's currently 64F, 18C. Sunny. High 88F, 31C. Winds light and variable.
    Wishing all a relaxing weekend. 🌞🌼🌻🕊️
  • parityanimal
    edited July 27
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday!

We have 24 (C) mostly cloudy degrees with an expected cloudy high of 29 and 51% chance of precipitation.

Sam looks so much like our Orion! I'm sure she will be very happy with you.

Of course I remember Dinah Shore. I'm sure I recall the Dinah Shore show, but for me to have seen that it must have been in reruns, so maybe it was the Dinah Shore Chevy Show that I remember, as it ran through 1963 and I was a small child in that year. And then I seem to remember Dinah cooking with George Burns in one episode of a show. They made some kind of soup.

There is a pool party today but I don't think I'm going. I'm not feeling terribly ill or anything, but just don't feel up to anything with that many people, and it's a bit late to get started on baked beans.

At least I'm about all caught up on laundry! There is one large throw that I need to get washed. It's always a bit of a pain as it gets unbalanced in the machine.

I might get started on that today.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday!

We have 24 (C) partly cloudy degrees with an expected relatively cool, partly cloudy high of 28 and 79% chance of mostly afternoon/evening precipitation that could include thunder and lightning.

Yesterday I got that fleece throw laundered, dried, and put away. Not really that impressive since it was just the one item, but I did it all in one day again, despite Jason not even needing that throw again until he gets back from Kentucky. He drove up yesterday and will be up there for a week or two.

Dinner yesterday for me was just a frozen pot roast meal that I warmed up. Not terribly exciting, but it was food.

Breakfast this morning was salty, fried lunch meat, 2 fried eggs, low carb toast with butter and some strawberry preserves, and a small, somewhat over-ripe banana.

I'll get out to Kroger after I feed the cats in a few minutes.

• Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,109 Member
    Good morning;
    Currently 79F and sunny.
    Ed-I am proud of you for getting all the laundry done in one day! :)
    Vix-glad you had a nice vacation.
    Irene-how is Sammie doing?
    Sam is still getting use to us. She has been spending the nights inside, but wants to be out during the day. She still goes outside
    to do potty. I have a litter box in the breezeway, but she hasn't used it yet.
    My neighbor's sold their house in one day.
    Have a good day! :)
  • eku0
    Hi all
    Ed, nice that you remember things. It seems so long ago.
    Jo, sounds like Sam will become part of your family, slowly easing into it.
    Hi Irene.
    Went for a walk this morning, and babysat for a little while. It was about 66F, 19C when I went for my walk, much cooler and very nice. ;)
    It's currently 86F, 30C. Mostly sunny. High 89F,32C. Winds light and variable. Going to be hot for the next 10 days at least.
    Just catching up with my daily games and will exercise after that, do some minor chores around the house and maybe read a bit.
    Wishing all a peaceful Sunday. 🌞🌻🌼🌺🕊️
  • parityanimal
    edited July 29
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous Monday!

We have 23 (C) cloudy degrees with an expected partly cloudy high of 28 and 70% chance of precipitation that could include thunder and lightning. The weather page says Thunderstorms possible after 12 pm.

Dinner last night was meatloaf, made into patties instead of a loaf. Lunch today (and dinner too) will be leftovers. Maybe lunch tomorrow as well.

o0sc4qfkpngp.png

Nothing critical on the home front. Work awaits.

• eku0
    good morning all
    Ed, your dinner looks good. We had yummy grilled salmon last night.
    Hi Irene and Jo.
    It's currently 68F, 20C. Sunshine and a few clouds. A stray shower or thunderstorm is possible. High 94F, 34C. 🥵 Winds SW at 5 to 10 mph.
    I have a massage scheduled for this afternoon, so will get my exercise done before I go.
    Wishing all a bright shiny new week. 🌞🌟🌂🌼🌻🕊️
  • IreneMurman
    good morning.
    I have an appointment today to get my teeth clean amazing how fast 6 months go
    Hi Ed your dinner look yummy
    hi Vix I love salmon
    Hi Jo how is Sam doing?
  • Joanne3366
    Good afternoon;
    Currently 72F and scattered rain showers.
    I ran a few errands this morning which included a trip to St. Vincent's to drop off 3 boxes of donations.
    Irene-Sam is doing fine, she is still a little afraid of my husband. Once she is fully comfortable I will try an get her into
    the cat carrier. If I can manage that, then I will take her to the vet for a check-up and to see if she is chipped.
    Ed-I love meatloaf, but don't have it very often because hubby isn't fond of it.
    Vix-I buy bags of frozen individual pieces of salmon for myself because hubby doesn't like it.
    He likes chicken and steak and potatoes. He is not an adventurous eater and hates to try new things.
    Have a good afternoon. :)
  • parityanimal
    edited July 30
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday!

We have 22 (C) fair, mostly sunny, degrees with an expected mostly cloudy high of 33 and 18% chance of rain. It rained well into the night last night, and I went to sleep to the sound of my fan and the gentle rain.

It will be nice if we have a fully dry day today. The daily rains were starting to get old. Thank goodness each day did have a reasonable amount of sunshine as well.

Dinner last night was leftover meatloaf. Delicious! Breakfast this morning was some Kodiak Protein Packed French Toast sticks, sausage links, and fried eggs. I drizzled a little bit of real maple syrup on the French Toast sticks.

We'll see what awaits on the work horizon. I can see some updates that are pending but I can't test them until they are merged into my development branch of the project.

• eku0
    good morning all,
    Irene, time does fly by, my appt is next week. Always feels good after your teeth are cleaned.
    Jo, good to donate unused things. Glad Sam is doing well. Nice that you're adopting her.
    We all like salmon. We used to eat it more often, I guess we got tired of it, but it is really good!
    Ed , I hope you have an interesting work day. Supposed to rain on and off all day here.
    It's currently 72F, 22C. Scattered thunderstorms during the morning becoming more widespread this afternoon. Storms may contain strong gusty winds. High 89F, 32C. Winds S at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 90%.
    I'm off to do crafts today.
    Wishing all a fine Tuesday. ⛈️☔🌬️👩🏻‍🎨🕊️
  • IreneMurman
    Hi all,
    well my blood work came back and my thyroid came back high Dr put me on meds maybe now I can loose the weight.
    All week we are suppose to get rain haven't had yet
    take care everyone
  • Joanne3366
    Good evening;
    Currently 86F. It was a hot one today, sunny and no rain in sight.
    Irene-sorry you have to take thyroid meds.
    Vix-My two favorite fish are salmon and cod.
    Ed-I hope you had a good work day.
    I had an uneventful day.
    Enjoy your evening. :)
  • eku0
    good morning
    Irene, I hope your new medication is helpful. We had some t-storms last night.
    Jo, at the beach, one night I had fried rockfish tacos, and another night I had blackened mahi mahi tacos, both were excellent. I mostly like mild fish. Salmon and cod are both delicious.
    Hey, Ed, hope you have a good day.
    The only thing on my agenda for today is taking my car in for an oil change, etc. Still totally overcast from the rain last night.
    It's currently 71F, 22C. Partly cloudy. Hot and humid. High 94F, 34C. 🥵 Winds W at 5 to 10 mph.
    Wishing all a happy 🐪 day. 🌻🌼🕊️
  • parityanimal
    edited July 31
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday!

We have 22 (C) sunny degrees with an expected partly cloudy high of 32 and 21% chance of precipitation. Despite yesterday's pleasant outlook we got thunder, lightning, and rain off and on all afternoon and evening and into the night.

Fortunately Mother Nature did give me a sunny break just at the right time for taking the garbage and recycle bins down to the curb. But even with that short bit of minor exertion, the hot, muggy air just seemed to leach out all my energy and by the time I was back in the house, after less than 5 minutes out there, I felt washed out and sweaty. Blech! I much prefer cooler weather.

I feel like I had a good day at work yesterday. Plenty to test today as well.

I finished off the delicious meatloaf at lunch yesterday so made myself some bean and cheese nachos for dinner, in lieu of Taco Tuesday. It was easy, and I only made a small amount of the toppings so don't have to make that for lunch as I ate it all. Not sure WHAT I'll make for lunch. Maybe grilled cheese, or even peanut better and strawberry jam.

Breakfast was Kodiak whole grain protein waffles made into a sandwich with sausage, egg, and cheese, and drizzled with a small amount of real maple syrup. Think McWaffle sandwich only prepared at home and better!

Irene, I hope the meds can correct the thyroid issues.

• parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday!

We have 23 (C) sunny degrees with an expected partly cloudy high of 34 and 24% chance of precipitation. The weather page does say ther is a marginal risk of severe weather, but the forecast does not show any severe weather actually expected.

Yesterday it didn't rain, so we finally did get a somewhat more pleasant day, despite the heat. I hope for the same today.

Dinner yesterday was boneless, skinless chicken thighs baked on a bed of cornbread dressing, served with steamed broccoli. Breakfast was the same, with two more servings remaining to enjoy.

Plenty to test on the work front.

• IreneMurman
    good morning,
    wow you sure can cook .
    after many years of being on Nutrisystem I decided to stop it wasn't loosing .I am going to a Nutritonist
    next week hope I can learn where I am going wrong.
    We are heading into another hot day
    Hi Ed Vix and Jo
  • eku0
    edited August 1
    good morning all
    Good luck with the nutritionist, Irene.
    Hi Jo.
    Ed, your meals sound good. I don't put much effort in. Last night I had cooked spinach tossed with an egg and put some salsa on top. 😂
    I'm back from my walk. And I went over the figures for starting a small stained glass class and sent it to a woman on the board of the local senior center.
    Babysat for about an hour with Lilly yesterday. So cute.
    It's currently 84F, 29C. Sunshine and a few clouds. A stray shower or thunderstorm is possible. High 96F, 36C. 🥵🥵🥵 Winds light and variable.
    We'll pick up Will from preschool this afternoon for a little quality time.
    Wishing all a cool Thursday. 🌞😎🕊️